Please Help :)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: jazzbunny.2098

jazzbunny.2098

Hello,

A few years back i created and levelled an Elementalist called ‘Mama Juju’. I have now come to realise that i do not enjoy this. Infact, it has got to the point where i hardly want to play Guild Wars 2 anymore. Now, before you say… no, I don’t have time to level a new character all the way to endgame again. I was hoping that there is something that can be done to help me here. I have tried out several different classes and have found that guardian is my favourite class.

Will there be anything in the future that will allow me to change? or is there something else that can be done?

Thanks

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Hello,

A few years back i created and levelled an Elementalist called ‘Mama Juju’. I have now come to realise that i do not enjoy this. Infact, it has got to the point where i hardly want to play Guild Wars 2 anymore. Now, before you say… no, I don’t have time to level a new character all the way to endgame again. I was hoping that there is something that can be done to help me here. I have tried out several different classes and have found that guardian is my favourite class.

Will there be anything in the future that will allow me to change? or is there something else that can be done?

Thanks

Hi,

Are you talking about changing the name or the profession? If you meant the profession, then I’m afraid not. If you want to delete your Elementalist but keep the name, you can do so and the name is reserved for you for 24 hours, so you won’t lose the name.

For changing the name, in the gem store you can purchase a Name Change Contract for 800 Gems. You can also get an Identity Repair Kit which contains a Name Change Contract and a Total Makeover Kit for (I think) 1,000 Gems.

Hope this helps

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

jazzbunny.2098

Hello,

Thanks

Hi,

Are you talking about changing the name or the profession? If you meant the profession, then I’m afraid not. If you want to delete your Elementalist but keep the name, you can do so and the name is reserved for you for 24 hours, so you won’t lose the name.

For changing the name, in the gem store you can purchase a Name Change Contract for 800 Gems. You can also get an Identity Repair Kit which contains a Name Change Contract and a Total Makeover Kit for (I think) 1,000 Gems.

Hope this helps

Ahh kitten thats such a shame. Yeh i meant change the profession. It seems as thought the only was is to slowly grind a new character. Oh well. thanks for your help

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Ahh kitten thats such a shame. Yeh i meant change the profession. It seems as thought the only was is to slowly grind a new character. Oh well. thanks for your help

You’re welcome. If it makes it any easier, the levelling curb at the first 15 to 20 levels is a lot quicker than it was two years ago.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

jazzbunny.2098

You’re welcome. If it makes it any easier, the levelling curb at the first 15 to 20 levels is a lot quicker than it was two years ago.

Yeh i guess hahaha XD

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

If your character is so old, you should have at least one level 20 scroll, which allows you to “skip” most of the NPE.
After that, you get Tomes of Knowledge and Writs of Experience for logging in and doing dailies, which will also make leveling faster. Then there’s Edge of the Mists for leveling (while also farming mats and karma, so grinding gold for nice armour at 80 isn’t hard, either).

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Hello,

Thanks

This is what you do.

Build your Ele based on Toughness/Vitality and try and have at least 1800 power. and use that character to farm the leveling scrolls that are now part of the daily. They show up on WvW Keep Captures, and FoTM 1-10 and 11-20 Dailies. Every Month you can get 13 or 15 (cant remember exactly) by just simply logging in and getting the daily chest. Then you have PvP Tracks, win or loss you will get leveling scrolls pretty easily there too.

if you did all of this, with in one month you would have over 80 scrolls easily, Boom Instant 80 Guard(or other character).

Or, you could create a new Guard and just run it through EoTM until 80 using the celebration boosters for the 100% exp bonus. Would take no more then a week going it casually.

But, do NOT delete your ele. You may find a use for it later on (like canon balling Jormag with staff fire aura #1 auto attack :-D)

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

jazzbunny.2098

Hello,

Thanks

This is what you do.

Build your Ele based on Toughness/Vitality and try and have at least 1800 power. and use that character to farm the leveling scrolls that are now part of the daily. They show up on WvW Keep Captures, and FoTM 1-10 and 11-20 Dailies. Every Month you can get 13 or 15 (cant remember exactly) by just simply logging in and getting the daily chest. Then you have PvP Tracks, win or loss you will get leveling scrolls pretty easily there too.

if you did all of this, with in one month you would have over 80 scrolls easily, Boom Instant 80 Guard(or other character).

Or, you could create a new Guard and just run it through EoTM until 80 using the celebration boosters for the 100% exp bonus. Would take no more then a week going it casually.

But, do NOT delete your ele. You may find a use for it later on (like canon balling Jormag with staff fire aura #1 auto attack :-D)

Ahh thanks that is really useful, ive got loads of xp boosters lying in the bank also, and yeh i wasnt planning on deleting my ele as it could be useful still in WvW guiild rades etc

thanks very much

Posted by: oginecka.4265

oginecka.4265

Hello,

Thanks

I have played my Elementalist since the very beginning and still have not gotten bored. The reason is possibly the fact that I have changed my weapon set three times. I also had three different equipment stat sets over the years.

The big advantage of an Elementalist is that it can be played so many ways – and many of them are viable. You will always have people saying “This is the way to currently build and play a profession”. There always is a build that gets you the optimal damage numbers. At the same time, there are many ways to play a profession and if you learn a way properly, you can be the best performing person of your group (or at least one that is contributing a fair bit).

Elementalists are extremely versatile. For a long time, I had a Power+Toughness+Vitality, with Scepter+Dagger. This allows you to tank up a lot of damage in dungeons, ress the group when necessary and still dish out some damage. I’ve had a lot of success with this, allowing my team to rely on me in PvE.

Then I had the famous Lightning Hammer build. This focuses on applying blinds and direct damage. A very different playstyle to my tank oriented PTV build. Again, it was very successful – doing great damage while applying blinds that reduce damage onto the group.

Currently, I have a build that focuses on switching stances and having multiple stats at once. This is quite a manic playstyle, constantly rotating through all your stances, doing great damage while buffing allies.

You can also build Elementalists with the Berserker build and Dagger Dagger. This is an extremely damage oriented playstyle, again largely different to all the other ones.

Similarly, you can build condition damage and stack bleeds. Viable and different playstyle as well.

Or you can choose a staff and play a long range supportive role to the group.

In summary, I’ve loved my Elementalist every step of the way. I am not tempted to switch classes, because the Elementalist has been so many things to me over the years and it has never been a sub-par addition to the team.
Currently, my team heavily relies on my buffs and the ability to survive just about anything, ressing up to 3 people with a single spell in the process.
With 20 spells per weapon set, we get the most variety out of all the classes and if you haven’t tried yet, I encourage you to make the most out of the variety by spicing up your playstyle a little.