Please Help Devs, Ticket # 120911-008365

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Turks.9357

Turks.9357

I am posting this on behalf of my wife. She received an email today from Anet saying her email was changed in her account settings. She then attempted to log in and she confirmed that she can no longer access the game or her account online. We tried the support ticket asking for her Email, Account Name, Character name etc…submitted that and was auto directed to account recovery. That page asked for Email, Serial Number and a character name as well. When she submitted that, she gets a message saying there was an error, please contact customer support. We tried twice, but everytime we get an error directing us to contact customer support. It’s a loop and we can’t get anywhere. I appreciate you time when looking into this issue.

PS – I know her password was not exclusive to GW2. I have since explained the need to do so to her, as this is a perfect example of what can happen.

Posted by: ferinkmb.5690

ferinkmb.5690

You are likely receiving the account recovery error because her email was changed, therefore, it is no longer on file associated with that password and/or serial number.

Best advice you’ll get is to submit and ticket and wait.

Create a password unique only to Guild Wars 2, and if you want further security create a new email account used only for Guild Wars 2 as well.

Posted by: Bedlam Dye Wig.7415

Bedlam Dye Wig.7415

yup.. 120+ hour wait here for the same issue… just waiting for the email to get changed back

yup.. 120+ hour wait here for the same issue… just waiting for the email to get changed back120906-009144

Account hacked 9/6/2012
120906-009144

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I am posting this on behalf of my wife. She received an email today from Anet saying her email was changed in her account settings. She then attempted to log in and she confirmed that she can no longer access the game or her account online. We tried the support ticket asking for her Email, Account Name, Character name etc…submitted that and was auto directed to account recovery. That page asked for Email, Serial Number and a character name as well. When she submitted that, she gets a message saying there was an error, please contact customer support. We tried twice, but everytime we get an error directing us to contact customer support. It’s a loop and we can’t get anywhere. I appreciate you time when looking into this issue.

PS – I know her password was not exclusive to GW2. I have since explained the need to do so to her, as this is a perfect example of what can happen.

She submitted a ticket today and will be assisted as soon as possible. Turnaround can run five days, but we cutting that every day and I bet she’ll hear much sooner than that.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet