Please develop a 64 bit client

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

I shouldn’t have to lower my settings to prevent OOM errors, when my PC has more than enough memory.

Happens every other time I’m at a world boss.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I imagine this is an issue with your system. I play with everything maxed at world bosses and I never have out of memory errors. GW2 rarely even reaches 3 GB RAM usage of the 16 I can utilise

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Reinate.7594

Reinate.7594

Agreed, And also Direct X 11 support so we get higher frame rates please … many thanks

Clem.2963

I imagine this is an issue with your system. I play with everything maxed at world bosses and I never have out of memory errors. GW2 rarely even reaches 3 GB RAM usage of the 16 I can utilise

There’s nothing wrong with my system, thank you.

The game reaches 3.5GB RAM usage (highest settings, 2560×1440), during large zergs, and the game crashes. That’s an issue with the game, not my PC.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The game reaches 3.5GB RAM usage (highest settings, 2560×1440), during large zergs, and the game crashes. That’s an issue with the game, not my PC.

Except that it clearly doesn’t happen for everyone else. If it was indeed an issue with the game, it would happen to everyone. I for one have never crashed during any world boss fight.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not quite. The game is a 32-bit app and therefore has memory size restrictions dictated by a 32-bit system which on a 64-bit OS is ideally 4GB. It simply can’t use the 16GB you have.

But a dev did come along and said that memory fragmentation of the heap can cause an OOM situation because the available heap for data has gotten “Swiss cheesed” to the point that there isn’t a block of free memory large enough to meet the request. A 64-bit memory heap would alleviate this problem.

But OOM can be mitigated to a degree by lowering character quality and/or character limit while avoiding long play sessions.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Clem.2963

Except that it clearly doesn’t happen for everyone else. If it was indeed an issue with the game, it would happen to everyone. I for one have never crashed during any world boss fight.

Post a screenshot of your settings and memory usage of the Gw2.exe process, during a large world boss zerg? Particularly Karka Queen or Jormag, those two seem to trigger it the most.

Posted by: Victus.9631

Victus.9631

It could simply be a memory leak in the driver for the GPU as well. I believe this is a current issue with my client constantly locking up my computer. It started in high density zones then became more apparent in empty areas. When I switch from 6040×1080 down to 1920×1080 this isn’t an issue anymore. So if only some players are experiencing this, it could be a video driver issue. I also weigh this option because of the recent release of Win10 and the driver release to make current GPUs ‘compatible’. Perhaps in the process something got borked for this game?

P.S. nVidia user