Please fix the abundant client crashes.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Ever since the OoM patch I have crashed 1-4 times a day, submitted the info on the crash window many times (not always because its always the same type of error, and im trying to actually play the game…).

These things are preventing me from participating in high level fractals with my guild, and Teq/Marionette with TTS. I have lost out on copious amounts of rewards due to these instabilities (no pun intended).

Can you please fix this? Or give me back the copious amounts of money I’ve spent supporting this game.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Posted by: Tannin.1920

Tannin.1920

I share the complaint friend, since the last patch my game has suffered countless system lockups. This problem occurs only playing Guild Wars 2.

—> Crash <—
Exception: c0000005
Memory at address 6d156b47 could not be written
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 4680
Cmdline:
BaseAddr: 00400000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 29675
When: 2014-02-09T00:51:36Z 2014-02-08T22:51:36-02:00
Uptime: 0 days 0:48:37
Flags: 0

—> System <—
Name: AMDFX8350
IpAddr: 192.168.0.100
Processors: 8 [AuthenticAMD:15:2:0]
OSVersion: Windows 6.2 (64 bit)

—> System Memory <—
Physical: 14187MB/16344MB 86%
Paged: 16294MB/19288MB 84%
Virtual: 2462MB/ 4095MB 60%
Load: 13%
CommitTotal: 2994MB
CommitLimit: 19288MB
CommitPeak: 6460MB
SystemCache: 2746MB
HandleCount: 21522
ProcessCount: 50
ThreadCount: 724

—> Process Memory <—
Private: 539MB
WorkingSet: 524MB
PeakWorkingSet: 1703MB
PageFaults: 4822329

[DbgHelp.dll is C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dbghelp.dll]
[DbgHelp.dll version 6.3.9600.16384 (64/32-bit compatible)]

—> DirectX Device Info <—
VendorId = 0×10de
DeviceId = 0×1004
Version = 9.18.0013.3221
Description = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
Compat = 0×00100000
VidMem = 4095 MB

—> Crash <—

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

“I share the complaint friend, since the last patch my game has suffered countless system lockups. This problem occurs only playing Guild Wars 2.

—> Crash <—
Memory at address 6d156b47 could not be written"

This game is not preventing a memory address from being written – it is something wrong with your system.

Possibilities include:

1) Software conflicts or a broken OS
2) Bad RAM or other hardware failures

It may also be a combination of the two. However – no properly working program (by itself) will cause an Access Violation. GW2 appears to be working properly, otherwise everyone would have this problem.

Edited to add: That memory address (6d156b47) corresponds to about 1.8 Gig. If you have a bad stick of RAM, it’s the one in the first slot.

(edited by abomally.2694)

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

“I share the complaint friend, since the last patch my game has suffered countless system lockups. This problem occurs only playing Guild Wars 2.

—> Crash <—
Memory at address 6d156b47 could not be written"

This game is not preventing a memory address from being written – it is something wrong with your system.

Possibilities include:

1) Software conflicts or a broken OS
2) Bad RAM or other hardware failures

It may also be a combination of the two. However – no program (by itself) will cause an Access Violation.

Edited to add: That memory address (6d156b47) corresponds to about 1.8 Gig. If you have a bad stick of RAM, it’s the one in the first slot.

We need anet responses/action, not some random dude on the forums. Plus his problem is not mine, just the same main issue, constant crashes.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

(edited by Kahrgan.7401)

Posted by: Irkm Desmet.3928

Irkm Desmet.3928

Posted by: Arienn.7354

Arienn.7354

The same here

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Brand-new-gaming-rig-and-GW2-crashes

I just don’t believe that so many people have bad memory sticks at the same time. It must be something else…

Posted by: Vatiel.4352

Vatiel.4352

This is just insane. Just few minutes ago crashed at 5% Karka Queen, pretty much can’t finish any world boss.
Can’t do one step in personal story, crash every single time.
It isn’t my ISP, every other game works just fine for hours. GW2: crashing constantly every 10-15 minutes.
Same problem with all your websites, whole web works fine, main site, forums, wiki – 1-2 minutes downtime, almost at the same time as client crash.
What the hell is going on.

Posted by: ElexOrieN.2130

ElexOrieN.2130

My client started crashing ever since the “Tequatl Rising” patch went online. Before i could play gw2 for hours and not get one single crash, now it happens randomly many times. I’ve reported this issue more times than i can count to ArenaNet and never gotten any response. The stability of the client needs to be enhanced.

Posted by: iBullStrike.6895

iBullStrike.6895

Hi everyone,

this problem happens with me too, specially when i’m fighting world bosses like Karka Queen, or Grenth or Lyssa etc. In dungeons or factals it goes fine and dont crash, but if i log on LA after playing fractals and then if i try to switch to another location in game the game will crash. I belive it is not a system problem since i’v been playing gw2 just fine since realese and this problem only start ocourring, to me, after the pactch from 4th February – The Edge of the Mists.

I’d love to see some answer/action from Anet towards this issue and not some answer saying its system problems, witch simply cannot be, by the reasons eplained above and by the complainsof many other users in this forum.

Regards!

P.S.: sorry about the english errors…

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

…pretty much can’t finish any world boss.
Can’t do one step in personal story, crash every single time…

My experience is slightly different – I can finish personal story steps, but (like Vatiel) not World Bosses. Gets right up to the end and crashes.

Posted by: Dewrah.7689

Dewrah.7689

I’m getting a very similar problem, but I can’t even get to the log in screen anymore…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Game-Just-Crashes-Can-t-Even-Open-Client-Now

#MagSwag — GW Forever [CTH]
Ranger — Engi — Ele — Guard

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

For those of you using 32 bit systems, try this (can be reversed if it doesn’t help)

1) Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu
2) Click Run as Administrator
3) At the command prompt, enter:
bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072
4) Restart the computer

To disable the 3GB switch:
1) Right-click on the Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu
2) Click Run as Administrator.
3) At the command prompt, enter:
bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa
4) Restart the computer

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

4 crashes in 5 minutes. GG ANet!

I understand that with a new patch come new bugs, but this happens on EVERY SINGLE UPDATE on this game…

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I’ll add my two cents, group run for yesterdays event resulted in players reporting constant CTD’s. but to be fair this happens pretty much every update. Sad part is my system was running gw2 fine prior to the recent update. I was enjoying the nice graphics etc too, oh well..

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

I’ll throw my two cents in as well. I also am getting the same problem. I got it during marionette and now LA under attack – it keeps occurring. It is annoying and disrupts my game flow. To add even more to my woe’s, I also get the black screen. I have to reset my PC because it freezes with the black screen. I didn’t have this issue before.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: Encoded Rig.7903

Encoded Rig.7903

Same issue, didn’t start happening until recently too.

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

For anyone experiencing these issues please submit a support ticket.

Posted by: skandyl.4596

skandyl.4596

Ever since the new Escape from LA (I see what you did there, Anet) I’ve experienced crash after crash and then with tonight’s new patch I can’t even get the game to load.

Completely uninstalled the game since I had no way to actually repair it only to have crash during the re-install.

This is completely and utterly frustrating.

Posted by: Antonin.3926

Antonin.3926

Same problem here. Since the the most recent patch I keep getting disconnected with a variety of different errors. Also getting hung up on the black screen.

Posted by: Fabled.7438

Fabled.7438

I am running into the same issues. I have two computers on my local intranet connected via gigabit infrastructure to my internet pipe and a dedicated business internet connection with allocated and bandwidth SLAs. I am consistently pulling good performance on my internet with zero downtime. The two machines I am running have 16GB of RAM a piece, Atleast 6 Cores and Nvidia GTX 650 Ti graphics cards. Everything had been running smooth until about three weeks ago… Tonight both me and my wife had 4 disconnects just running around Orr and were intermittently having our characters lock on screen and then freeing up. It is exceptionally frustrating…

Posted by: Encoded Rig.7903

Encoded Rig.7903

Crashing too,

GTX Titan
32gb of ram
raid0 4x ssd

Posted by: Isindur.6043

Isindur.6043

I too have been getting these crashes. I posted a support ticket that Anet offered a variety of good ideas, but none of them worked. This is the only game that does this. I’ve tested my memory, updated and even rolled back drivers. Almost everything I can think of and found from searching sites. I miss playing. It’s really hard to go do anything when you know it’s going to crash at any given time. I’ve lost out on loot on numerous Dungeon runs and world events. I share in the frustration.

Victory or Valhalla

Posted by: Tyrael.7410

Tyrael.7410

Same – Crashing on WvW map at least Once Every hour.
i7 2.6k – OC 4.5
8Gig Ram
gtx 580 Sli
Window Home 7
120 Gig Ssd
Comcast 50 Mb
Before: Ok. Now: Crashing happens after this recent Escape from LA patch. This is getting really frustrating. Please fix.

Priest of Grenth

Posted by: MystF.5186

MystF.5186

I unchecked High-Res Character Textures and I haven’t crashed from since.

Posted by: Ettanin.8350

Ettanin.8350

Same issue. Crashing every 2-3 minutes. Game is unplayable since latest patch. Updated drivers, rolled back drivers, etc, fiddled with anti-aliasing and other settings. Nothing works.

It’s strange because I was suddenly able to play in wvw for hours on Friday/Sat, but the days before that was hell and today is back to hell. Playing on absolutely lowest graphics settings seemed to help for a time, but I guess it was just an illusion.