Please, give me advice ! NEW PC

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lamatron.6425

Lamatron.6425

Hi, I’m going to buy new PC, and I just need your opinion about this one:

http://www.dabs.ie/products/asus-k31ad-uk020s-core-i5-4460-gt710-1g-8gb-1tb-dvdrw-win-8-1-k31ad-uk020s-BQF7.html?src=3

Is it enough to play at high quality settings ?
Specifications below.
Please let me know.

Cheers!

Posted by: Zakxxx.4103

Zakxxx.4103

It is enough yes, but even the fastest computer in the world will get fps lag in this game due to the horrible coding. If you are budgeting then that is a great computer to buy. If you are not budgeting then go for either a i5 4690k or a i7 4790k or even look into intel’s new skylake cpus and see how they run with gw2. You can also go for a gtx 960 as well. It’s a good high end gpu that’s cheap for what it puts out. Just do yourself a huge favor and stay away from any amd cpus, the game runs horrible on them.

Lamatron.6425

I know that AMD series are not worth. I think that I will buy that one if You think it is enough. Btw now I’m playing on laptop what is 4 years old and it works even on medium setts (30-40 fps in exploring map). So new PC could carry it with ease.
Thx for reply, I’m w8ing for other opinions, thx !

P.S. My budget is that 550€ for PC + need to buy monitor (around 200€ for 27" LED and keyboard). But box firstly anyway

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Either get a 4690K or 4790K (4790K has Hyprethreading), but check the price difference, haswell CPU, or look into skylake. As long as it’s a “Quad Core CPU”. Just remember if you go with skylake, you need to consider the extra cost of DDR4 memory, over the price of DDR3. Skylake compatible motherboards do not support DDR3 as a general rule. Make sure you buy a motherboard that has the correct socket that matches the CPU you buy. Don’t spend too much money, and try and save it for the graphics card, if you plan to play other games. One last thing, it would help to invest in at least a cheap SSD to install Windows onto. It really makes a computer so much more enjoyable when it starts up immediately, rather than you waiting just for it to boot up. And you can put Guild Wars 2 on it as well if you like, for that more responsive data load when resources are coming into the game from off storage. You really shouldn’t bother with hyperthreading, not worth it when you could use the extra money towards other parts in your system, not unless the cost between that CPU and another CPU is only a few dollars more. Weigh up the cost versus gain. Hyperthreading is 30% more, but only as long as a game supports using it. When buying RAM, make sure it is compatible with the motherboard you are using it on. If you are buying more than one stick of RAM, make sure it is the channel type that your motherboard is telling you, either dual channel, triple channel, or quad channel. Your motherboard will tell you in the specifications. Download the manual to find more information, or check a spreadsheet. When considering the speed of the ram, also consider the fact that the faster the ram runs, the more loose the timings. It has been shown that really fast ram will perform no better than slower ram with good timings. I find it’s beneficial to go with ram that is at middle ground, and put the money somewhere else that needs it. If you don’t know what I mean here, just check online, people have explained it, including youtube videos like at LinusTechTips.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

(edited by Loli Ruri.8307)

Lamatron.6425

Either get a 4690K haswell CPU, or look into skylake. As long as it’s a “Quad Core CPU” Just remember if you go with skylake, you need to consider the extra cost of DDR4 memory, over the price of DDR3. Skylake compatible motherboards do not support DDR3 as a general rule. Make sure you buy a motherboard that has the correct socket that matches the CPU you buy. Don’t spend too much money, and try and save it for the graphics card, if you plan to play other games. One last thing, it would help to invest in at least a cheap SSD to install Windows onto. It really makes a computer so much more enjoyable when it starts up immediately, rather than you waiting just for it to boot up. And you can put Guild Wars 2 on it as well if you like, for that more responsive data load when resources are coming into the game from off storage. Last thing, you really shouldn’t bother with hyperthreading, not worth it when you could use the extra money towards other parts in your system, not unless the cost between that CPU and another CPU is only a few dollars more. Weigh up the cost versus gain. Hyperthreading is 30% more, but only as long as a game supports using it.

I’m going to play only GW2 cause I never play single player games or other. Always MMO. But Loli Ruri, is that PC (from my link) is enough to enjoy game on around 50 fps in-battle (PVP, PvE) ?

Loli Ruri.8307

I finished doing edits. Please re-read my post. Thanks!

Zakxxx.4103

amd cpus are very worth it. It’s just that most mmorpgs are not coded properly to fully utilize the power of these cpus. They also don’t always fully utilize the power for intel cpus either as even those cpus aren’t running at full % utilization. For example the i7 5960x 8 core 16 thread cpu gets fps in the teens at ultra settings during karka queen. This cpu costs over $1000 USD. But yes stay away from amd for now when it comes to gw2. Also, coming from experience here, I would say it would be more worth it for you if you got a smaller monitor like a 21" with a resolution of 1600×900 or 1080p and also a standard keyboard so that you can bump up that cpu to a i5 4690k and maybe even get a better gpu. I have a mechanical keyboard and it doesn’t perform any different than a standard keyboard aside from macro keybinds which you should not use in gw2. As long as the keyboard is comfortable for you then use it. It’s also my opinion that big monitors are overrated, just like big smartphones are overrated. As long as it’s big enough for you to see everything unlike those small laptop screens then it’s good. It doesn’t need to be 4k… I swear every time new monitors or smartphones are released they get bigger every time lol. I’m just saying you would be way more happier with less fancier stuff and more fps. You can always upgrade your monitor and keyboard later down the road if you are not satisfied with them. But I have been through what you are going through and this is just my friendly advice to another

Loli Ruri.8307

Just focus on a quad core, don’t need to care about hyperthreading, as hyperthreading is only 30% more performance “IF” a game is even programmed to use more than 4 threads.

Zakxxx.4103

Either get a 4690K haswell CPU, or look into skylake. As long as it’s a “Quad Core CPU” Just remember if you go with skylake, you need to consider the extra cost of DDR4 memory, over the price of DDR3. Skylake compatible motherboards do not support DDR3 as a general rule. Make sure you buy a motherboard that has the correct socket that matches the CPU you buy. Don’t spend too much money, and try and save it for the graphics card, if you plan to play other games. One last thing, it would help to invest in at least a cheap SSD to install Windows onto. It really makes a computer so much more enjoyable when it starts up immediately, rather than you waiting just for it to boot up. And you can put Guild Wars 2 on it as well if you like, for that more responsive data load when resources are coming into the game from off storage. Last thing, you really shouldn’t bother with hyperthreading, not worth it when you could use the extra money towards other parts in your system, not unless the cost between that CPU and another CPU is only a few dollars more. Weigh up the cost versus gain. Hyperthreading is 30% more, but only as long as a game supports using it.

I’m going to play only GW2 cause I never play single player games or other. Always MMO. But Loli Ruri, is that PC (from my link) is enough to enjoy game on around 50 fps in-battle (PVP, PvE) ?

You will get 50 fps but I think the gpu may bottleneck the cpu. Which is why I mentioned the gtx 960.

Loli Ruri.8307

It will run the game, but I think you are paying too much for the parts they are offering, even with a free Windows 10.

You got to remember that Guild Wars 2 may expand on the requirements to run, as well as you may delve into other MMO games, which btw, are now utilizing DirectX11, Directx12, Vulcan, basically stuff that is now demanding more from a computer for amazing graphical returns.

Just be careful when buying, because the sky is the limit for computers, and you can literally spend as much or as little as you want. Don’t go overboard, but at the same time, don’t shoot yourself in the leg and buy inferior parts. For example, that NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 that the Dabs Ireland website offers is a piece of steaming kitten . You could easily do better with a Nvidia GTX 960, especially if you assemble the parts yourself. If a little kid on youtube can assemble a computer, hell even I can with a lil reading or watching how on youtube, then I’m sure you can too. There is a wide variety of websites out there that can show you how, and also help you to choose parts that are compatible.

One last thing I forgot to mention when choosing parts, make sure you don’t cheapen out on the PSU, but then again, don’t choose features you don’t need. Check the power requirement of the main components that are in your system, then add 200 watts on top, and then you have what you need for a power supply. Only go for a Gold 80 plus power supply, and buy from a reputable manufacturer. If you cheapen out, and the power supply blows up or died, it can potentially take the rest of your computer with it’s death. Yes that does happen.

Lamatron.6425

And what about laptop to GW2? Otherwise is laptop same good as box ?

Loli Ruri.8307

You’re better off building a system, rather than a laptop. You get more performance per euro/dollar spent, and you have upgrade expandability. Only go for a laptop if you can afford something that isn’t a steaming pile of kittens in an alley. If you do go for a laptop, go for one that has skylake. Haswell is a bit hot under the lid, and doesn’t offer the new features that skylake does offer. Make sure before you consider a particular model of laptop, to see what the reputation of the laptop is. Does it have problems with breaking hinges? Does the keyboard die? Does the monitor have flickering issues? I’m not talking about the low chance of breaking, I’m talking about consistent faults across the board.

Don’t be scared out of building a system, you do have help here. Start first with your CPU, then choose a motherboard that is compatible. Ask yourself what you want to put on the motherboard, and then look for a board that supports those parts. In your case, any board will support generally what you want, as long as it is the correct socket that matches the CPU.

Ask us questions if you get confused or want advice.

Lamatron.6425

Look guys that speci – i found PC for 2600z? (polish) it is around 650€

Procesor Intel Core i5-4460
4 cores 3,2GHz
TURBO BOOST 3,4GHz
Motherboard MSI H81M-E34
Memory RAM 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
HDD – 1000GB
DVD-RW
GeForce GTX 960 2GB DDR5
HDMI
DirectX 11
USB 3.0
Rebeltec Titan 600W
X-RAY

Is it better ?

Loli Ruri.8307

It is better, but what windows is it using? Can you afford that extra amount? That CPU could be better. But that’s because I know how to build a computer, I would have gotten a 4690K or a 4790K. But I bet if you go for a prebuilt system, they will ask for your arm and leg for that, even though the CPU on the street price alone is affordable. But it will do just fine, 3.4 ghz is very good for gaming.

Go with that and you will be happy. But what Windows is it using? Is it Win10?

Zakxxx.4103

Better, yes. But what I think Loli is trying to say is that if you built the pc yourself instead of buying a prebuilt you could get better parts for around the same price. Also you should find a website more catered to selling gaming pcs. To me that website looks like it just sells pcs for everyday use or basic entertainment. Not really somewhere I’d go if I want to buy a gaming pc. I use newegg, ibuypower, and cyberpowerpc. I don’t know the european equivalent to those but i’m sure you can easily find it on google and get a beastly rig for gw2 with your budget.

Zakxxx.4103

Also, a Corsair CX500 – 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply will do great in almost any pc. That’s what i’m using right now but I bought it years ago, pretty sure you can find something more recent for the same price. Make sure it’s one of those 80 plus certified ones so that you get more life out of your hardware.

Loli Ruri.8307

If you go towards building a system, btw which will be very rewarding, think of it like building something out of Lego. Just make sure the parts match with each other, and you will be blessed with an amazing machine. Just reach out for help along the way, and
“don’t rush into a decision”.

Zakxxx.4103

Also found cyberpower has a UK webpage http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/

see if that works for you.

Zakxxx.4103

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Infinity_X5_Elite

Just an example of something you can go for.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Hi, I’m going to buy new PC, and I just need your opinion about this one:

http://www.dabs.ie/products/asus-k31ad-uk020s-core-i5-4460-gt710-1g-8gb-1tb-dvdrw-win-8-1-k31ad-uk020s-BQF7.html?src=3

Is it enough to play at high quality settings ?
Specifications below.
Please let me know.

Cheers!

CPU is fine and so is memory but the video card is severely weak and the power supply as well for a better video card.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes