Possible Workarounds for serverside lag

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

One thing I noticed while lagging out of GW2 while my browser and TS were fine is that you get most likely placed on the same map you lagged out of if you reconnect.
Now a possible workaround would be that if the server loses the connection to a client (which I’m sure of can be determined) that the client, when reconnecting, gets directed onto another server.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

You want to get onto a different server? Simply switch maps. Various maps are on different servers and transitioning between two maps will likely put you on a different server. Use /ip to confirm.

If you want to join the same map however but a different instance, you will need to either find someone else in a different instance and join on them or guest to a server that has its own. If it’s a dead zone however, there probably isn’t another instance.

Keep in mind that if it’s a server side problem, everyone on that map would be affected, no exceptions.

while my browser and TS were fine

This only means that you do not have a connection problem between you and your ISP. Imagine driving somewhere. Not every building is on the same street is it? Now imagine construction/slow traffic/etc and how it might affect your ability to get to some places but not all.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

And if you change the destination you’ll most likely not use the street you’ve had issues with.

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Please provide a Tracert. This will show any issues between you and the game servers.