Preorder gem bonus

Preorder gem bonus

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Angryjanitor.5940

Angryjanitor.5940

Are we supposed to get the preorder gem bonus immediately like we do with the rest of the bonuses? I preordered the big boy addition and I never got the 4k gems.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

gems take 72 hours to get added to your account. says so on the sales page.

Attachments:

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Angryjanitor.5940

Angryjanitor.5940

Thanks for letting me know. I missed that.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Julia.1568

Julia.1568

up to, not specificly 72 hrs

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Given the number of fraudulent purchases that happened with HoT Ultimate when it was launched, I would imagine that it will likely take closer to the 72 hour mark than the 0 hour mark.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Zeem.2564

Zeem.2564

Given the number of fraudulent purchases that happened with HoT Ultimate when it was launched, I would imagine that it will likely take closer to the 72 hour mark than the 0 hour mark.

At this point that absolutely seems to be the case, already approaching the 48 hour mark.

I’m patient and all, though I was starting to wonder if something had gone wrong compared to the usually instantaneous gem redemption. Glad this thread was here to explain why the delay happens.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: digitalzombie.7823

digitalzombie.7823

I am experiencing the same, bought the expansion, but still no gems. Glad I am not the only one. I will be patient, not a normal quality for me

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Don’t worry. I am also still waiting. I am sure many of us will get our gems by tomorrow probably.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Sarpan.9074

Sarpan.9074

After buying HOT in January I got my gems almost immediately. It’s been a couple of days now since buying POF and no gems yet. I’m sure volume has a lot to do with the time it takes.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: DemiGodKlvus.2648

DemiGodKlvus.2648

anyone has them yet?
edit: mine just came in

Im Most Likely Better Than You
Just Saying <3

(edited by DemiGodKlvus.2648)

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Disig.7169

Disig.7169

Yay for the search function on the forum! I too was wondering what happened to my gems. This makes sense, ty for posting the question!

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Nascull.5842

Nascull.5842

its lame they keep the gems for days u paid for it and u had plans at the moment u bought the ultimate version i lost alot of gold thanx to anet controlled delay just give us where we pay for i think that may be said

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Xiaon.1940

Xiaon.1940

sigh still waiting

Preorder gem bonus

Seera.5916

its lame they keep the gems for days u paid for it and u had plans at the moment u bought the ultimate version i lost alot of gold thanx to anet controlled delay just give us where we pay for i think that may be said

You do realize that what they are doing is better for the game in the long run, right?

Fraudulent purchases are typically done by gold sellers with stolen credit card info seeing how many they can buy and turn into gold before they get banned. So of the gems came instantly, gold sellers would get tons of gold instantly.

They then give the gold to gold buyers who then use the gold to buy things. Left unchecked this causes inflation.

I highly doubt you want your gold to be worth significantly less than it is now. So be glad that ANet is waiting a few days to reduce the amount of gems that gold sellers get to turn into gold.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Theologus.7209

Theologus.7209

Fraudulent purchases are typically done by gold sellers with stolen credit card info seeing how many they can buy and turn into gold before they get banned. So of the gems came instantly, gold sellers would get tons of gold instantly.

And in Your oppinion someone who use “stolen credit card” will do it with preorder for 80€? Why, if they can get this 4000 gems for 50€ 365 days a year?
Yeah…

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

And in Your oppinion someone who use “stolen credit card” will do it with preorder for 80€? Why, if they can get this 4000 gems for 50€ 365 days a year?
Yeah…

If you think alittle yea they probabely will use this since anet get magnitutde of orders bigger then ususal to handle.
So the gold sellers might get afew accounts slip through the checking due to 72 hour limit being reached.

Why would they care if it cost 80 or 50 bucks its not their money.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Got mine today

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: digitalzombie.7823

digitalzombie.7823

sigh still waiting too. I’m sure I’ll get them soon, hopefully.

Preorder gem bonus

Seera.5916

Yeah…

If you think alittle yea they probabely will use this since anet get magnitutde of orders bigger then ususal to handle.
So the gold sellers might get afew accounts slip through the checking due to 72 hour limit being reached.

Why would they care if it cost 80 or 50 bucks its not their money.

Fewer transactions. The fewer times they have to put the card info in, the more damage they cause.

Without the delay here’s the difference:

Buying separate – Load site, select game, put in/load page with card info, process payment, activate account, launch game, make character, buy gems, mail gems out.

Buying together – Load site, select game, put in/load page with card info, process payment, activate account, launch game, make character, mail gems out.

Loading up the trading post and buying gems isn’t a two second process. It takes some time to do. And while it’s not a lot, it adds up. And for a gold seller, time is of the essence before they get banned. The more gold they illegally obtain, the better off they are.

Preorder gem bonus

Linken.6345

I cant see why you quoted my post Seera

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

So I should be getting them some time this weekend… Which would be nice since I would like to upgrade a few things.

Preorder gem bonus

Seera.5916

I cant see why you quoted my post Seera

Meant to quote just Theologus (sp?), but accidentally grabbed yours and didn’t catch it.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: ClearPoison.3075

ClearPoison.3075

Thats if they even get to you within the first 72 hours. Im sitting at the 73 hour mark, still no gems.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: NoPhate.2480

NoPhate.2480

I’m at the 80 hour mark myself.. No gems yet. Tickets are in but no response

Preorder gem bonus

Seera.5916

Tickets as in you’ve sent more than one?

If so, close all but one and be patient. The ticket volume is higher than usual so it may take some time for them to get to your ticket and resolve the issue.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Matthrian.6035

Matthrian.6035

Still no gems and over 72 hours.

Preorder gem bonus

NoPhate.2480

If so, close all but one and be patient. The ticket volume is higher than usual so it may take some time for them to get to your ticket and resolve the issue.

I sent one in yesterday, they said wait for the 72 hours, so I updated it at 80 hours, but I wasn’t sure if it was already closed, so I made another..

Got an email saying they merged the tickets and closed it.. Not sure if they closed both tickets or just the extra one..

Still no gems, and no word, but they were quick to merge and close the ticket.

Edit: I see the new one is marked as closed and not allowed comments, but the original one looks to still be open, so I will leave it be.

(edited by NoPhate.2480)

Preorder gem bonus

Linken.6345

I sent one in yesterday, they said wait for the 72 hours, so I updated it at 80 hours, but I wasn’t sure if it was already closed, so I made another..

Got an email saying they merged the tickets and closed it.. Not sure if they closed both tickets or just the extra one..

Edit: I see the new one is marked as closed and not allowed comments, but the original one looks to still be open, so I will leave it be.

So you bought it thursday? I would give them 72 hours in work days meaning monday to friday to me.
Wouldent expect them to work weekends to send out gems tbh.

Preorder gem bonus

NoPhate.2480

So you bought it thursday? I would give them 72 hours in work days meaning monday to friday to me.
Wouldent expect them to work weekends to send out gems tbh.

Actually bought it Wednesday at 11:45am.. It’s close to 96 hours now.. If they didn’t work on weekends they should have said 3 business days.. not given an hour mark.. Also if they can close tickets on weekends? just saying… Also it should have been done automatic with a script..

Don’t give people an hour time if it does not include weekends you have to say business days or it’s misleading.. I’ll still wait as mine probably got stuck somehow.. But I wouldn’t assume they have no one working on tickets on the weekends.. That would be a huge pile up for Mondays

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

When did they announce the new expansion? I got it a day after and I’m still waiting for delivery.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: niwaar.5631

niwaar.5631

Going on 5 days now. Still no gems. So that “Up to 72hrs” apparently means “Up to a week”.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The CS Team works 24/7/365. So, there is no issue with ‘business days’. I imagine they are just backlogged with all the requests.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Chrizzzy.5470

Chrizzzy.5470

there is no business days when the system works out your gems after it has checked up with bank and possibly waited 72h.
system is always online, or else we wouldnt be able to play.
im on my 5th day today…
kinda sucks that gold rates were big the day after i bought both expansions, and now they are low asf….

Preorder gem bonus

NoPhate.2480

My theory is that anyone who purchased the PoF Ultimate with the HoT Standard (only choice if you did not own HoT already) Did not get their 4k gems..

I think people who already had HoT and just bought PoF got their gems..

That’s my theory because I also bought the two together and did not get my gems..

Has anyone who bought PoF Ultimate with HoT bundle gotten their 4k gems yet?

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Chrizzzy.5470

Chrizzzy.5470

well, it says i should have my 4k gems… so ill stick to that. i also added HoT and PoF to the same bundle, so i do have HoT aswell.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: xRahz.7246

xRahz.7246

I upgraded my existing HoT Account with PoF and I am also still waiting for the 4k gems.

Preorder gem bonus

NoPhate.2480

I upgraded my existing HoT Account with PoF and I am also still waiting for the 4k gems.

Well my theory is out the window then Must just be a lot of orders..

I was really looking to get the Mini Moose.. As long as it’s still in the store when I get them I’ll be happy.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: nalladae.9208

nalladae.9208

Same here, still waiting. But since I bought it yesterday I’ll just try to be patient, even though I have plans for these gems now!

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Walbuls.4917

Walbuls.4917

Ordered Fire Ult + HoT at 1pm CST on Aug 1st, its now the 7th at 8:30am, still no gems. How can an automated system F up so bad?

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: ClearPoison.3075

ClearPoison.3075

I put a ticket in about the gems got a response from Senior GM Heart. They informed me that because of everyone purchasing the expac that it could take 4-7 days for gems to arrive.

Preorder gem bonus

NoPhate.2480

My Gems have Arrived 4k gems, over 72 hours but here now.

Preorder gem bonus

Posted by: Walbuls.4917

Walbuls.4917

Took mine 7 days. Website is full of shlt for 72 hours. This is direct copy/paste from a support ticket i have open.

“When a player activates an upgraded GW2 account, their account receives specific account restrictions that will last between 3-7 business days. This includes receiving the 4000 gem deal. Sorry for the inconvenience.”