Problems with Graphics (please help)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mako.4137

Mako.4137

Im pretty annoyed with this problem, and since I dont know much about computer graphics I really need help with this.

My first problem is that Im getting <20 fps, I have a R7850 Twin Frozr 2GB, so generally I should be able to play anything, and my processor is an i5 overclocked to 3.6ghz (or something similar), all in all my PC is a good gaming PC.

My second problem is that when I log in there are these wide blue lines/shapes running through everything, they usually move very quick as I move around, but they are an eyesore and I knew the second I saw them that something was wrong.

I tried looking around and seeing if people had the same problems, a lot of threads over the internet recommended checking drivers – I went to the AMD website and looked at the driver detect thing, it said I was up to date (because I had updated the drivers earlier).

My PC is brand new and the GPU has been barely used at all, so how do I fix these problems?

If you need to any pictures you can request them.

Thank you in advance ^^

(edited by Mako.4137)

Posted by: Newsin.1945

Newsin.1945

Could be a weird Install issue on the game itself? Maybe try running a repair on your install?

Posted by: Alteris.1528

Alteris.1528

Could you please post some screenshots of these issues, I can better assist you with something to look at to get an idea of what may be the issue.

Mako.4137

Screenies as requested (edit – noticed a third issue : Objects appearing and reappering, LARGE objects)

Attachments:

(edited by Mako.4137)

Alteris.1528

Turn FXAA off, if that doesn’t help then put shaders to medium, FXAA btw makes the scene blurry and personally is annoying to look at lol I don’t even know why they use it most ppl hate it :/.

Mako.4137

Is that basically like turning the graphics down? Id rather not do that if it is, this PC is supposed to be able to play high end FPS graphics, It should be doing around 90 fps on this game, it did around 45 fps on a benchmark…

Ill have a check and see what it does

(edit – only increased FPS by 4 or 5 )

Alteris.1528

The on screen issue your seeing looks ingame and might be a conflict with a setting or group of settings so testing each 1 is kind of a must till its narrowed down :/, and I know your HD7850s a good card, I’m using an HD4890 and average 40-60FPS at 1680×1050 with nearly maxed settings so it’s most likely either a game setting, your drivers or a faulty card.

Also you mentioned the PC is Brand New just how New is it ?

Mako.4137

Well, I got it on friday, used it for about an hour, to download drivers and all that, then went on it today and downloaded GW2 and lots of other stuff.

(Turned graphics to minimum and only getting a an average of 45 fps, this is at the VERY minimum)

(edited by Mako.4137)

Posted by: deltaconnected.4058

deltaconnected.4058

Reduce the 7850 to reference clocks (with Afterburner or PrecicisonX).

Mako.4137

what will that do? Sorry, I just dont want to resort to anything that sounds like a weak fix, I want to solve the problem without having to sacrifice anything, because it should be working in the first place.

Alteris.1528

Try rolling back your drivers to 12.6 yes thats a ways back I know lolz I’ve been using them since GW2 came out and have had No issues with FPS so you might want to look into that. When you 1st go to install the drivers click on the uninstall option 1st, restart the pc then run the driver install again after install restart again, this should clean out the old drivers etc and leave you with a clean install of the new drivers.

Posted by: deltaconnected.4058

deltaconnected.4058

Your GPU came factory-OC’d. To rule out hardware instability, underclock it to what AMD says is reference and try playing again.

Mako.4137

So will it fix it if I turn it back? All of my issues (low FPS and blue objects?)

Posted by: michaeljhuman.3940

michaeljhuman.3940

You won’t know until you try.

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

read through this
http://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/tech/FPS-GPU-CPU-Performance-issues-FAQ

As for your blue lines etc, it could be your software drivers, or physical card itself. Watch the temp, try under clock, but good thing is your system is new and probably with in warranty.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Mako.4137

I sent a ticket to NCSoft tech support and they are currently helping me out, Ill see what they say before I do anything else ^^

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

If that card is running at stock, then I would return your card. Looks similar to what happens to my 4890’s when I overclock them a bit too high. Even if the card is supposed to be overclocked out of the box, it should be stable and produce no artifacts, not what is happening to yours. Also, run a few benchmarks and compare results to others with your card. If it’s significantly lower+still producing artifacts, then RMA.

Alteris.1528

Have you rolled back the drivers like I suggested ? Also a good benchmark to run to see artifacts is 3DMark 06, if there is an issue with the card it’ll show it. I use to run my HD4890 at 925MHz core and 1GHz memory, but found out I was getting artifact till I toned the core down to 915MHz been stable ever since. So like I said before, try rolling back the drivers and run a graphic intensive benchmark and see what happens.

Mako.4137

I havent done so yet, im currently seeing what NCSoft tech support are telling me to do, Ive sent them all my PC specs and test results and stuff, and they are going to have a look at it.

Ill keep this thread updated ^^

Posted by: jesture.7468

jesture.7468

That is pretty strange; given it is a new graphics card and if nothing is wrong with it after you may have gone through the hardware wars of monitoring and diagnostic tools. I do hope you get the necessary help from Technical Support and an explanation. I would notify MSI/ATI as well or the manufacturer/ person who built your computer.

I can’t explain the blue anomalies with the first and second. However, I do have a question for the second screen capture, if you wouldn’t mind answering at your convenience. Was that big rock structure in front of your toon there in game or did it appear after you took the screen capture; the rock just seem out of place. The reason why I ask is because I see a NPC under the rock structure – unless collision physics isn’t strong with that one then, of course, that NPC could be Superman lifting the huge boulder.

I’m going to stick my neck out while out on a limb, the third screen capture may have something to do with the water/river plane, then again it could be the base mesh for morning dew fog and the specular and normal maps (think green screen) are not in sync or shifted – to put is simply

Well that’s my 2c guess I’m throwing in to the magician kitten I could be wrong. I do like how Corporal Beirne is waving at “GraphicsTestor” in the second screen capture chat though, that’s ironically befitting.

kitten = h-a-t

CoC agreed with addendum; “Contribution Clause”, per USC

(edited by jesture.7468)

Alteris.1528

If all else fails, I’d reinstall GW2, for all we know its being caused by corrupted files etc never now, but I’d still like to see what rolling back the drivers do for you.

Posted by: Rabbiddog.7690

Rabbiddog.7690

My bets on an OC issue.