Pseudo disconnection problems

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nayaru.4716

Nayaru.4716

I have been having this issue all day. Both on my wireless laptop and my desktop which is hooked directly up to the router. What is happening is, my gameplay just stops, mobs stop attacking and just stand there as does my character. However chat continues to work, i can communicate with other players in any of the chat fields when this occurs, not to mention the online applications I am using outside of GW2 are still continuing to work, my internet connection hasn’t shown any glitches when this happens. Sometimes gameplay will resume again with a brief flurry of actions to catch up with what I’ve missed, other times it just disconnects me to the character selection screen and I just have to hit the [Play] button to resume playing. This last time however it did neither, I went away to make a coffee and when I came back it was in the same position I left it, with my character stood very close to red name mobs without any actions taking place so I restarted the client and it was fine, again I was able to rage about it in party chat and people were able to reply with sympathy.

I’m posting because I want to know if this is happening to anyone else at all? It really doesn’t appear to be a problem on my end. It’s probably important to note I’m playing from the UK on a US server (Tarnished Coast), could this perhaps be a contributing factor?

If not then I don’t know what to do.. This has happened a lot today and I’m the type to blame my connection for problems before the program, but I’ve been watching it like a hawk since it began..

Posted by: jimmymadness.6928

jimmymadness.6928

I too am getting this same exact problem and so are some people in my guild. All gameplay will freeze but I will be able to use chat without a problem. I am in the US so that you’re playing from Europe shouldn’t be a problem.

I once had a similar issue while playing WoW a while back and pingzapper helped alleviate it. I haven’t tried using pingzapper yet but it might help.

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Yeah I get this all the time.
It started around the dye droprate fix update and has been getting worse and worse.
It got so bad that I decided to just stop playing for a few days.

Whether or not Avast! is running protections or not it doesn’t seem to have any effect.
My computer doesn’t have any viruses that my anti-virus programs can find.
Glanost says my ISP isn’t throttling BitTorrent so it’s unlikely they’d then throttle GW2.
Forwarding ports on my router didn’t seem to have any effect either.

After testing all sorts of things over the past few months I think that GW2 does something to mess up my router.
Restarting it seems to help with the weird connection problems temporarily.

Today I read that people who get the black screen can get around it by disabling SPI on their routers, so maybe the same thing is causing problems here as well?

What I’m saying is that my guess is that Anet changed something about their connections (or got more of them) and now some router firewalls are going bonkers over it.

Disabling it is something I’ve yet to try because my router does not appear to have an option to do it and I’d need to edit the files myself to make it happen.

Plus shutting it down just seems like a bad idea.
It’s there for a reason, right?

Perhaps I will try it later.

Also just for the record I’m from EU and playing on an EU server.

Benight[Edge]

Posted by: Nixeras.7641

Nixeras.7641

I’m having the exact same problem here, I’m really unsure what it is because my net rate also doesn’t have the problem. It’s really starting to disrupt the games playability when I don’t even know if I’ll be able to finish combat.

Hopefully someone finds a fix, or if not then hopefully the devs will notice more than one person is having this problem.

Posted by: Rammaehl.8795

Rammaehl.8795

I’m having the same problem as well. Just started today. The game is pretty much un-playable for me, because I have no idea when I’ll lag, dc or both.

Posted by: Nayaru.4716

Nayaru.4716

Ironically after posting this it only happened once or twice. I will obviously be keeping an eye on it though.

Not to be off topic but it was quite amusing to solo jump into a lv40 event on my hammer guardian, everything froze while I spam 123456789 in the hopes that the server got the commands… then when it unfroze… “Event successful, gold medal etc etc” lol

Edit: I actually had similar issues like this during server maint (the kind where servers don’t go offline), so maybe.. anet were doing stuff.. although that wouldn’t account for all the people that experienced no issues at all. This is why I find it hard to believe the issue is server side as there isn’t a huge amount of people who had this problem.. it’s just like I mentioned before, I could not find any problems with my own connection. Good times.

(edited by Nayaru.4716)

Posted by: Luna.7384

Luna.7384

i too am having this issue.it’s also getting worse.

Posted by: Eradicater.4395

Eradicater.4395

Same issue as you guys. Been having the problem for about 2 days now. Game worked fine before, no disconnects or anything, only had the occasional black screen (which started about a week ago). I can move or chat but everything freezes up around me, then I get error 7 and get thrown back to the character selection screen. Happens randomly as well, ranging from 10-40 minutes of gameplay. Can’t do dungeons since it’s really annoying to reenter the dungeon 5 times to finish one path, can’t do fractals since if you get d/c in one you get thrown back in Lion’s Arch and you can’t get back in and also can’t do WvW for the same reason of getting ported back to wherever I entered it when I get the d/c. Really hope they fix the issue cause it’s from their end for sure. I was on Skype and on other occasions on Ventrilo and it didn’t interrupt my conversations or anything. Also tried other online games and I don’t have any problems with my internet.

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

Yup, since yesterday i too get disconnects every 10-20 minutes. Can’t play dungeons, can’t play pvp, can’t play wvw…. It’s 100% Anet fault, no other game/program has any problem except this one. If even one network packet is lost it just disconnects you. Very bad idea to have in any multiplayer.

But don’t worry, even if there is some response from Anet (doubtfull) it’s always some canned answer like “turn off windows firewall” or some bullkitten .

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

Yup, same, around the dye patch i noticed error 7 for the first time, but it didn’t really bother me as it only occurred a couple of times. However ever since the karka event.. i can’t do anything anymore, code 7 every single time i spend 10-30 minutes in-game. Kicks me out to character select :\

Posted by: TheFailBus.1546

TheFailBus.1546

Exact same issue here. Is really annoying because I can’t get through my story mission without it happening, so I can’t complete it…

Posted by: Gauradan.8361

Gauradan.8361

Same here. Just as I was going to give the game another chance, despite the terrible state it’s in.

Aed f’haeil moen Hirjeth taenverde.