Purchase from g2a allowed

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mouze.2459

Mouze.2459

Since many people seems to get banned for buying HoT (lol) i wanted to know if i can buy the HoT key from g2a or would that get me banned?

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

its gambling

if your seller buy the key legit by himself all is fine.

If it fell off the truck/ he bought it with stolen credit card —>you get banned

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Buy HoT from the official website. If anywhere else is offering you a cheaper price then they’re most likely reselling keys and your account will have HoT removed and you will have wasted your money.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

g2a is a reseller. The risk is that people use stolen credit cards to buy keys from ArenaNet, then sell them to g2a who then sells them to you. Eventually the stolen credit cards get detected, which forces chargebacks. That chargeback is considered fraud by ArenaNet, so the key is banned.

There is no way of knowing if you’ll be safe or not. You can however attempt to minimize the risk to your account by waiting to apply the key. If the key is banned before you register it, nothing will happen. It usually takes a few days, however it can be up to 3 months.

Considering all I ever hear about g2a is getting banned however, try someone else.

Zaron.1987

It seems anet is out on a witch hunt targeting anyone who did not buy it from their store.

Attachments:

Posted by: CratZ.6270

CratZ.6270

still does not mean they aren’t actually after us

Zaron.1987

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

If the key was purchased and charged back, then yes, Anet has every right to not allow the key.

It’s like you buying a used car. Oh, turns out that car was stolen. The police will take the property from you. You won’t get arrested if you were just an innocent by-stander in the scheme, BUT, you will lose the car and the money you spent.

This isn’t a witch hunt. It’s just life.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Wyn.5724

Wyn.5724

Buy HoT from the official website.

The usd to cad exchange rate is terrible…

(edited by Wyn.5724)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Buy HoT from the official website.

The usd to cad exchange rate is terrible…

As is the USD to NZD exchange rate. But you should never be purchasing the game from a non-authorised reseller. I’m pretty sure Arenanet lists the authorised sellers/partners for HoT somewhere on their website. If you purchase the key from anywhere else then it’s mostly likely attained through fraudulent means.