Purchased HOT no char. slot

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: EoLtheCroW.9176

EoLtheCroW.9176

Hello guys i just purchased HOT and i didn t get my character slot, am i doing something wrong ?

Best regards.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If you bought deluxe or ultimate, you should have gotten one right away.

If you are a vet, owned an account since before Jan x, 2015 you will get a vet slot no matter which version you bought. But these slots are added to new HoT accounts in batches every few days or once a week.

Any case you should have your beta slots.

If you bought GW2 after Jan X, 2015 from ANet and then bought HoT, from ANet, you will only get a rebate on GW2.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The veteran character slot is given out in batches once a week every Friday. You may have to wait a full week.

Posted by: EoLtheCroW.9176

EoLtheCroW.9176

I m just a vet, got the core game from start so ill wait just for 1 week thank you very much fellow companions

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

Had the same question when i purchased expansion. I’ve decided to wait and after few days gained 1 free character slot. It just takes a few days

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

On the Pre-purchase page there is an asterisk next to the Free Veteran Character slot bit. If you actually click that, and it is clearly a link, then it quite explicitly tells you that after July 10th the character slots will be distributed on a weekly basis.

“Free character slot
If you registered your core Guild Wars 2 game before January 23, 2015 and register a pre-purchase serial code for Heart of Thorns any time before the expansion is released, you’ll receive a free character slot! Once you apply a pre-purchase serial code, you’ll be eligible for the slot regardless of where you bought the core game.

If the serial code you used to register the core game came from a retail vendor (rather than buy.guildwars2.com or in-game) and was applied to your account between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015, you’ll also be eligible for a free character slot if you apply a Heart of Thorns pre-purchase serial code before the expansion release.

All accounts that become eligible by July 9 will have their free character slot applied by July 10. Eligible accounts that are upgraded with a pre-purchase serial code after July 10 will receive their slots on a weekly basis after that."

Posted by: Kirito.4970

Kirito.4970

I too have purchased HoT with credit card in-game a few hours ago, but i have not seen any indicator to the purchase as of yet…

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can check in ‘My Account’ and see what games are credited to your account(s).

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I’m a vet, bought HoT last friday and I’m still waiting for my character slot. It may take longer than a week.

edit: well I just got it. So yea, you’ll have to wait until next friday

VoxL, NSPPT

(edited by Nausicca.6038)