Questions about Demo Characters (Saved Names)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

Q:

When we create a demo character, and the demo ends for the weekend. Does that demo character reserve/own that name?

I used a demo character with a name a really like and wanted to use it. But it says that name is already taken.

I can’t delete the character because the character gets removed when the demo is over.

2nd question, will demo characters we created during the Path of Fire 11-13 demo weekend return for the next demo? or will we have to recreate new ones?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Names are reserved for 24 hours after deletion. Either the name will become available soon, or if the characters are being saved for next weekend, then soon after next weekend’s demo is over.

Good luck.

Posted by: Beqqa.5748

Beqqa.5748

I have this same problem, its way past the demo weekend when I made the character, it didn’t return for the second demo weekend and therefore I couldn’t delete it and reclaim the name. Don’t know how to fix this : <

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The Devs stated they have yet to delete the characters. No timeline was given.

Posted by: Bazompora.2635

Bazompora.2635

I am having this issue too:

I used the same name in both demo events,
but now it says the name is already taken.

But if I try and send mail to the name,
it says I can’t send mail to myself.

Elonians who know her history are often proud to have one of their own in the pantheon.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Read the post above Bazompora they havent deleted them yet so names are in limbo

Posted by: grimnal.2796

grimnal.2796

Here we are at well over a week since the demo with many players quite eager to reuse their demo names. Both my demo characters are showing up at gw2effeciency and I’m guessing will be there till the end of time…My fault for assuming they would be purged and not deleting them myself when I had the chance.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Maybe they have not deleted the beta characters yet due to the upcoming stress test or maybe they will delete them shortly before?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Path-of-Fire-Stress-Test-August-31-2017/

Anyway, if your old beta characters are still available during the stress test it might be a good idea to delete them when you are done participating so you can free the name up for use on your normal characters right away.

The Burninator

Posted by: Cat.7406

Cat.7406

I can still see the demo character that I have created in the official GW2 API, so it seems the demo characters are not yet deleted. I’m using a 3rd party site to access the API, but I have no Idea if it is acceptable to post the site here.

Posted by: Bazompora.2635

Bazompora.2635

Maybe they have not deleted the beta characters yet due to the upcoming stress test or maybe they will delete them shortly before?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Path-of-Fire-Stress-Test-August-31-2017/

Anyway, if your old beta characters are still available during the stress test it might be a good idea to delete them when you are done participating so you can free the name up for use on your normal characters right away.

Many thanks for the heads-up!

Elonians who know her history are often proud to have one of their own in the pantheon.