RE: Game is running low frames with sufficient hardware specifications.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Philo.1542

Philo.1542

Processor: Intel I7 2.6 GHZ
Ram: 6GB DDR3
Video Card: EVGA GTX 260 768mb ram

Can you explain to me why I’m only getting 4-5 fps when I have fully updated drivers? If it cannot be resolved, I do expect to be refunded. I meet the minimum system requirements. There is no excuse for it not working.

I have followed the generic suggestions with absolutely no change in the performance of the game.

I need to speak with a representative about either getting the performance issue fixed today, or getting a full refund. Your company provided very specific system requirements. I exceed all of these specifications. At this point, you’re engaging in fraudulent behavior. I expect a refund.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Zorlin.7391

Zorlin.7391

It seems you having the same problem as me game is unplayable at those frame rates.. doesnt matter which settings i choose fps doesnt change. My specs i7 2600k + AMD 7970. I should be able to max this game but seems i cant even play at minimum settings.

Philo.1542

Right. And it’d be fine if it’s just not playable with my hardware. However, I would have liked to have known that in advance. If I’m only going to be able to get a few frames making the game unplayable, I would have rather not even have spent the money. I spent $80 expecting around medium settings. If you take a look at the system requirements they offer, I far exceed them. Yet, I cannot even play with everything at its lowest, including resolution.

I wonder if there is a call center I can get in contact with. I’m not really interested in their automated responses that are not specific enough to my situation to be viable.

Posted by: suzuka.2694

suzuka.2694

you probably will get better results if you submitted a support ticket instead of posting on the forums. follow the directions here to get help that way https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/How-to-Submit-a-Ticket-Account-Issues-2

Core i7-950 @ 3.8 GHz | EVGA X58 3-Way SLI | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 (stock speeds) w/ 12.8 CAP 3
12 GB (3 × 4 GB) Patriot Gamer 2 DDR3 1600 | 128 GB Samsung 830 SSD | Windows 7 Professional
Game performance is great with this rig.

Philo.1542

Thanks for the reply, suzuka. I have opened a ticket, and was provided with an automated response, not exactly helpful. At any rate, I sent a second ticket, and I’m hoping for the best. Though, apparently, I’m to expect 4-5 days before an initial response. Superb.

Attachments:

Philo.1542

Not really feeling like waiting a week for a response. If a representative sees this, can you please contact me about a refund? I was sold a game that simply is not playable. I don’t want to take the time fixing it. I don’t want to wait on you to find a solution. I just want the money directed back to my account. Thanks.

Posted by: deltaconnected.4058

deltaconnected.4058

Run a benchmark and post your results link here. http://downloads.guru3d.com/3DMark-11-Basic-Edition-download-2650.html
Compare your score to what others get. http://www.3dmark.com/search

“I meet the minimum system requirements. There is no excuse for it not working.” Doesn’t change the dictionary definition of ‘minimum’.

Philo.1542

deltaconnected, I don’t only meet the minimum system requirements, I exceed them by a great deal. As others have stated, it’s not merely an issue of system specifications, because some have had trouble with top of the line video cars and processors, and others have been able to run the game well with low to medium scale hardware. But I will run your little benchmark, not that it has any relevance whatsoever.

deltaconnected.4058

And I’d wager that in the majority of cases where a new Ivy/Kepler or Ivy/SI rig is having troubles it’s user error, and the other few is due to DOA hardware (dead or dying).

This “little benchmark”, combined with something like GPU-z to make sure your GPU is running in PCIE-x8 or x16 and HWiNFO64 can give you a lot of insight as to why you’re only getting 4-5fps.

Philo.1542

And I’d wager that in the majority of cases where a new Ivy/Kepler or Ivy/SI rig is having troubles it’s user error, and the other few is due to DOA hardware (dead or dying).

This “little benchmark”, combined with something like GPU-z to make sure your GPU is running in PCIE-x8 or x16 and HWiNFO64 can give you a lot of insight as to why you’re only getting 4-5fps.

Will be running the benchmark momentarily. As far as I know, GPU-Z and HWinfo64 offered nothing alarming.

Attachments:

Philo.1542

And here is the HWinfo64 information.

Attachments:

Posted by: tekwiz.8635

tekwiz.8635

have you, ever, consider changing thermal paste on your 260?
if never, might want to give it a shot.

E3-1230v2
P8Z68-V
GTX 560 Ti

Philo.1542

have you, ever, consider changing thermal paste on your 260?
if never, might want to give it a shot.

It’s well within the normal temperature range for a gpu.

Posted by: Kalec.6589

Kalec.6589

I doubt a refund will happen.
What settings are you using and at what resolution? Running at lower res, will make your CPU be used more, than your GPU.
You will want to OC your CPU to help increase system performance if that is the case.
There could issues on your system, that is preventing proper usage. Your low FPS can also be part of a bigger issue. (Dont say I dont have issue with other games, as I hear that all the time.)
Can have issues trying to read the game info from your system, and relay them through your ISP. If your network is slow, that can also lead to lower fps.

Now GW2, can and will use upto 875mb of Vram. You could be using up all the vram, which can be a problem.

i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | Z77 Sabertooth | EVGA GTX670 4GB | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | Corsair AX650
2×8GB Crucial Ballistix 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 | Arc Midi R2 | Asus VE278Q 27" 1920×1080
Edifier S330D | Superlux 668B | Audiotrak Prodigy Cube | CMstorm Trigger | Logitech G500

Philo.1542

I doubt a refund will happen.
What settings are you using and at what resolution? Running at lower res, will make your CPU be used more, than your GPU.
You will want to OC your CPU to help increase system performance if that is the case.
There could issues on your system, that is preventing proper usage. Your low FPS can also be part of a bigger issue. (Dont say I dont have issue with other games, as I hear that all the time.)
Can have issues trying to read the game info from your system, and relay them through your ISP. If your network is slow, that can also lead to lower fps.

Now GW2, can and will use upto 875mb of Vram. You could be using up all the vram, which can be a problem.

Well, I have set the settings as low as they will go to as high as they will. Strangely, it makes little difference, and others on this board have stated as much themselves. For whatever reason, I am receiving the same issue. If the game is that much of cpu hog that I’m running 1fps, that says something about the software in this game. But frankly, it’s not hogging the cpu. Most of the resources just aren’t used. For whatever reason, they remain ununtilized. As for my network connection, it’s not great, but it’s certainly sufficient. I have 4mb/s down.

I’ll continue to look through other drivers and tweak things, but I think it’s a matter for ANet to deal with.

Honestly, I don’t disagree with you about the refund. If they can’t manage a sticky on the fps issue, and can’t bring down customer service waiting times, I doubt I’ll receive any help. I’ll be stuck waiting weeks (months?), before anything is resolved.

deltaconnected.4058

FPS won’t be incredibly high, but with everything low it shouldn’t be single digits either. Still waiting on those 3dmark11 results as I didn’t see anything unusual in those screenshots.

Posted by: Kalec.6589

Kalec.6589

DL connection is least important, its the upload rate is. When its trying to send the data over.
For you to get only 1 fps, then there is really something wrong on your system.
Other system runs fine with i5 430m @ 2.26Ghz with GTS 360m @ 1920×1080, which should be close to your system in performance. Getting 40-55fps at the default best appearance.
Hopefully, something can be done on your system to fix the issues.
I do know the GW2, takes advantage of SSD, over HDD for loading time within portals.

i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | Z77 Sabertooth | EVGA GTX670 4GB | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | Corsair AX650
2×8GB Crucial Ballistix 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 | Arc Midi R2 | Asus VE278Q 27" 1920×1080
Edifier S330D | Superlux 668B | Audiotrak Prodigy Cube | CMstorm Trigger | Logitech G500

Philo.1542

FPS won’t be incredibly high, but with everything low it shouldn’t be single digits either. Still waiting on those 3dmark11 results as I didn’t see anything unusual in those screenshots.

3dmark 11 wasn’t compatible with my card since it’s not a Direct X 11 card, but I started the previous version of 3dmark downloading. So, we’ll see.

deltaconnected.4058

Ahhh you’re right. http://www.3dmark.com/3dmarkvantage/download/ use Vantage. 3dmark06 will be limited by CPU.