RMT Purchases - Expect them to be Removed

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

If I receive a mail with free gold I’m taking it, but that’s me.

Why?

If you do that in real life (at least in my country) you can get some rather nice jail-time for that.

In my country it’s not illegal to give someone free money. I’m not going to buy gold from a rmt, but if anyone wants to give me gold (or cash), I’ll definitely take the charity!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

In my country it’s not illegal to give someone free money. I’m not going to buy gold from a rmt, but if anyone wants to give me gold (or cash), I’ll definitely take the charity!

But that was not the situation we talked about here.
The situation we talked about here was that you found a large amount of money and you decided to keep it without any action.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

If I receive a mail with free gold I’m taking it, but that’s me.

Why?

If you do that in real life (at least in my country) you can get some rather nice jail-time for that.

You best make sure that the source looks like it’s a legit source and not RMT. Or make sure you keep all credit card statements in order to prove you didn’t buy gold. Because if it is from an RMT person and the RMT person gets banned, any money they sent to other players will be removed from said players. And if said players accept the money too much, they may find themselves on the receiving end of a ban.

So accepting free money is risky if you aren’t sure of the reason.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

About honesty (keep money you found somewhere? No! Amount doesn’t matter).

Just a few days go, in our company’s canteen the guy in front of me found a 10 Euro bill on the floor right in front of his feet. He picked it up and asked the crowd if someone lost it. Nobody answered. He shrugged and asked himself something like: “what should I do now with this?”
He put the bill on the counter, and one of the canteen staff asked what he should do with it. Shrug again. By chance the canteen boss showed up and asked about that 10 Euro bill on the counter. He was told it was found on the floor.
He took it, put it into the official locker with the lost goods (“treasure chest”) and brought a piece of cake, which he handed to the guy who found the bill.

They all didn’t take what was not theirs.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This sucks, I only started playing GW2 3 months ago and have saved up every single penny I earned. I now have 300 gold, and that is nowhere near enough to get me a twilight. I was thinking about getting RMT gold, and it seems to hit late joiners like me worse than others

How does this stop you from obtaining a Twlight? Buy gems the legit way and all is good.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

So I just got hit with this gold stripping Idea….

Sold a friend some skins, he sent me gold, Anet took gold.

Anet worried about losing Gem sales, I buy 50 bucks of gems every fortnight, But I wont be doing that again until my gold is returned, ty.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Anet worried about losing Gem sales, I buy 50 bucks of gems every fortnight, But I wont be doing that again until my gold is returned, ty.

You will need to contact the CS Team and discuss the issue with them, using the ‘Support’ link above/below.

Good luck.

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Previous

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Your “friend” was a hacked account being operated by RMT, commited fraud, and is now locked because of it.

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Your “friend” was a hacked account being operated by RMT, commited fraud, and is now locked because of it.

Oh snap!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Why is it that the guilty are always as stupid as mud, then expect the rest of us to be stupider and twice as gullible?

While now also dealing with gold buyers may be a little too late, I applaud your attempts to try and make this game less of a cesspool. Thanks!

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Why is it that the guilty are always as stupid as mud, then expect the rest of us to be stupider and twice as gullible?

While now also dealing with gold buyers may be a little too late, I applaud your attempts to try and make this game less of a cesspool. Thanks!

What people do you think are buying gold from RMT ?

Those people that keep supporting those companies don’t have brain.

Those companies that sell gold are not only getting gold by botting but mainly from stealing accounts and stripping everything from them so THEY can buy gold from them, other players loose their stuff that have worked hard to get.

Now i know Anet can replace everything in a good timemanner, but still the feeling you get from when you log in and see your characters naked and all your hardearned items gone from inventory/bank/etc is really sad.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This goes to show that you can’t hide from GM Chris. Game logs can track and tell who “friends” and “little brother/ex-girlfriends” are.

Coming from a security background, working in risk management in banking, I can say that this is hard work, but very rewarding when you catch a crook.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: DeviantShark.6548

DeviantShark.6548

Apply water to burnt area.

I love that there are visible changes now, maybe, just maybe one day I can remove GoldSeller#1 – #314159265 from my ignore list

Squirreltail? What’s that? [AUT] Oachkatzlschwoaf
We are constantly looking for Guildmembers which contribute to an awesome community

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

All hail Chris Cleary

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

How is this going to effect community events? I have participated in quite a few different guild and community events where raffles, lotteries, drawings, and plenty of giveaways. There are large sums of gold sometimes offered most of the time and the gold moves from one random player to another. I’ve won 2 drawings before one of which was 300g. Now will these people have to fight a ban and fill the queue with support tickets? Because I highly doubt each every gold transfer will be monitored manually. More or less there’s a formula with certain variables to be met before it triggers. or is it just gonna fire at anyone that gets more than XXg?

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I think they do a fairly good job of detecting whos buying gold from a RMT account and whos getting money from guildies and friends. Being a guild leader. I have not had an issue.

They probably watch certain ips from certain unamed places that have accessed accounts from a variety of orgins. They litterly can pull up chat logs and anything else to determain the relationship with the person that sent you gold.

Anyway its good to see we got a security head that enjoys his work

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I am curious as to why the sudden shift in attitude. Any reason for it, other than “oh, we finally realised what every other online gaming company has known for over a decade, that RMT involves fraud, identity theft and account theft”?

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I am curious as to why the sudden shift in attitude. Any reason for it, other than “oh, we finally realised what every other online gaming company has known for over a decade, that RMT involves fraud, identity theft and account theft”?

Likely new tools to aid in the identification and streamlining of the process, as well as easier access of accounts from the GM’s side. They have threatened to do so before, and supposedly had, but now they are being aggressive in it.

Behellagh.1468

They’ve always realized that, it’s one of the reasons behind gems to gold. The hope that providing a legit means to convert cash to gold safely would stem the tide. But recently it seems they’ve seen a upsurge in the sub rosa economy along with the in game e-mail phishing.

Some of that may be related to the fire sales for new accounts. Not as good as two week trials but a few sales pays off the investment. But it does seem as the last straw came a few weeks ago with both the guild bank and mail changes plus gold tracking.

The uptake may also have something to do with cleaning house before HoT drops.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

I’m assuming this means conditionals looking at level of interaction between mail sender and recipient. eg;

if(gold in mail >=100g){
if(the 2 have never communicated before){
intercept mail;
}
else if(2 have interacted, but never been friends or guildies or partied together){
intercept mail;
}
}
//of course it is probably much more layered than that, but this must be the basic idea.

The problem with this is, it won’t take an RMT long before it narrows down the exact limits of your conditionals and develop a strategy to work around them (keep in mind these people have nearly limitless access to gold and accounts to preform trial and error with). Meanwhile, people that are selling stuff in trade or donating gold to a charity stream will have their messages deleted. Systems like this always categorizes the most honest players in with the most malicious. There is no way to effectively combat one without hurting the other.

Neglekt

(edited by Zodian.6597)

Posted by: Spiritz Wamphryi.8316

Spiritz Wamphryi.8316

Us players who buy from the online store are supporting anet via purchases – its the only way anet can make money without subscriptions.Now if we paid the RMT`s real money for game cash – we`d be depriving anet of money which can be used to further/improve the game.
Also buying off anet is 100% safe as ive ever yet to hear of someone having their account compromised nor their account being sold to some poor idiot.
I personally would hate to see the day where RMT has forced anet to go subscription – I like the idea of payment only for game and any expansions and if I want to spend some cash on something I can rather than say 10 pounds a month sub ( 120 a yr ) and still have to pay for expansions.
Also many of us gw vets can remember the bot problems in gw1 and at start of gw2 – hard to get stuff done when bots are killing everything – and if you managed to follow the bots an get hits in for drops – you may get tagged as a botter coz you are in a way acting same as them as well as being within range of them.
Personally id say go gw1 against botters and send in Dhuum

Posted by: Healingz R Us.7240

Healingz R Us.7240

I tried out the RMT gold buying service recently. I got a pm and thought it sounded good, so I did it. Of course, ANET took not only the gold I bought, but also the other 400g I already had that was earned legitimately. I didn’t know that the gold RMT sells was being stolen from hacked accounts or botted, otherwise I never would have participated.

Still, I’m not salty about all of my gold being taken away (except for what I had earned legitimately maybe), but I am disappointed in myself for not knowing how that gold is acquired.

I am, however, a little depressed that the gold is gone, because I very rarely use any of my gold on myself. I don’t have fancy gear or fancy anything really, nor do I really desire it. 90% of my gold, I spend on random people that I see being kind or just a good part of the community in general.

Of course, that paragraph is not meant to justify anything. Although I was ignorant as to where the RMT gold comes from, I am not ignorant to the ToS. I’m just thankful that they didn’t ban my account.

I can now say that I am well educated on the effects of gold buying and gold selling on the game, whereas before I only thought that it was because ANET didn’t want to lose out on any sales. This lesson costed me $69.35 and 1400 gold. Don’t let it happen to you!

ANET, is there anything else more that you could do to ensure that players are educated on all of this stuff? I wouldn’t wish this feeling on anyone, and I hope my own failure can help prevent others from this happening to them.

-Healy

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Hey all,

We have been fairly relaxed since launch on players purchasing wealth from “Real Money Traders”, but that stops now. We will be taking a very active stance against RMT buyers from here on out.

Why would you take a relaxed stance against crime? RMT is not acceptable in any game.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Hey all,

We have been fairly relaxed since launch on players purchasing wealth from “Real Money Traders”, but that stops now. We will be taking a very active stance against RMT buyers from here on out.

Why would you take a relaxed stance against crime? RMT is not acceptable in any game.

Likely they clamped down when Anet started selling gold via the thinly-disguised TP exchange mechanism and they didn’t want any competition.

Do they seriously expect the gold people buy for gems comes from other players?

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

But this is indeed the case. The gold you buy in the gem exchange was indeed sold voluntarily by other players. Gold is not created from thin air in this system. The gem exchange is called gem exchange because of that: one player gives gems and receives gold, and another player receives these gems and gave this gold.

The most strange thing is: it makes no sense to buy from RMT. The prices they offer are not really lower than the prices in the gem exchange nowadays. And you put your account at risk, and the most important one: from RMT, you buy stolen gold. Gold that comes from the account of your ingame friend that was hacked and pillaged.

(edited by Silmar Alech.4305)

Kraggy.4169

But this is indeed the case. The gold you buy in the gem exchange was indeed sold voluntarily by other players. Gold is not created from thin air in this system. The gem exchange is called gem exchange because of that: one player gives gems and receives gold, and another player receives these gems and gave this gold.

I know that’s the line Anet spin with their resident ‘economist’, I frankly don’t believe it, never have. It’s fine for Anet to sell gold, they should have the courage to admit that’s what this is about.

I’ve been playing MMOs since 2004 so I’m very well aware of the damage RMT do .. I played FFXI over the infamous Christmas 2005 period for those who know that reference .. and I’m not at all advocating using them, RMT is in no way the ‘victimeless crime’ many think it is.

(edited by Kraggy.4169)

Behellagh.1468

Hey all,

Likely they clamped down when Anet started selling gold via the thinly-disguised TP exchange mechanism and they didn’t want any competition.

Do they seriously expect the gold people buy for gems comes from other players?

You mean since the exchange started back in Sept 2012? Because buying gold with gems started the same time you could start buying gems with gold.

I know that’s the line Anet spin with their resident ‘economist’, I frankly don’t believe it, never have. It’s fine for Anet to sell gold, they should have the courage to admit that’s what this is about.

Attachments:

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Kraggy.4169

Can I have the hat in gold, it’s far more ‘me’.

You can’t prove I’m wrong, no matter how much derision you throw at me.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Can I have the hat in gold, it’s far more ‘me’.

You can’t prove I’m wrong, no matter how much derision you throw at me.

Stating that an employee of the developer is flat out lying to the public and failing to back up that claim with any semblance of evidence is a legitimate reason for people to deride you.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I tried out the RMT gold buying service recently. I got a pm and thought it sounded good, so I did it. Of course, ANET took not only the gold I bought, but also the other 400g I already had that was earned legitimately. I didn’t know that the gold RMT sells was being stolen from hacked accounts or botted, otherwise I never would have participated.

Still, I’m not salty about all of my gold being taken away (except for what I had earned legitimately maybe), but I am disappointed in myself for not knowing how that gold is acquired.

I am, however, a little depressed that the gold is gone, because I very rarely use any of my gold on myself. I don’t have fancy gear or fancy anything really, nor do I really desire it. 90% of my gold, I spend on random people that I see being kind or just a good part of the community in general.

Of course, that paragraph is not meant to justify anything. Although I was ignorant as to where the RMT gold comes from, I am not ignorant to the ToS. I’m just thankful that they didn’t ban my account.

I can now say that I am well educated on the effects of gold buying and gold selling on the game, whereas before I only thought that it was because ANET didn’t want to lose out on any sales. This lesson costed me $69.35 and 1400 gold. Don’t let it happen to you!

ANET, is there anything else more that you could do to ensure that players are educated on all of this stuff? I wouldn’t wish this feeling on anyone, and I hope my own failure can help prevent others from this happening to them.

It doesn’t matter if the gold was stolen from a hacked account or earned legitimately. Buying gold from RMT is against the ToS. Period.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I second the above suggestion to add a questionnaire into the money transfer.
Would give you some good data mining as well as put people off illegal money transfers.

The “gold buyers aren’t bad people” analogy doesn’t work for me. Let them play by the same rules as the rest of us, don’t make excuses for them. They KNOW they are buying botted or stolen gold / gear. Ban them the same as gold sellers.

Except that suggestion is so easily abusable… and in fact ANET kinda already hinted at such an abuse.. the RMT and the buyers have by now formed relationships to the point they are “friends” for all intense and purposes.
This kind of questionnaire will be meaningless.

Posted by: MONKLY.5248

MONKLY.5248

first of all Anet need to lock this feature of gold trade but I don’t think Anet will do that !
Why? = because Anet sale gems to real money and gem exchange to gold so this is Guild War Market for company to make more profit the same with another games out there these day doing, even on iPhone and any another platform.
but in-game guild war (and Guild war 2) lock trade with rare items to different account and characters which is clearly Anet or Guild War Game failure because Anet or Guild War game has ability to lock trade on item but carry on making business selling gems/gold in-games which make another thirty-party opportunity for they to do so.
So to fix this issue Anet or Guild War game need to lock this feature and it isn’t took 3 years for game to came out like they are claim for customer to buy they games and create rule in game which we all can see that rule keep open instead lock this feature or make better system and Anet or Guild War won’t have to be here explaining why they gold disappear everytime they buy gem and exchange to gold or buy gold from thirty-party or any of these and send it to different account and in a day or two it disappear for no reason.
so if game want to be fair why not provide these thing happening from the customer at the beginning…..? cause your profit won’t be lost to anywhere if you lock this gold trade before “guild war/2” going to say " if customer buying good from their these won’t happen" and I do think if customer really buy gold from thirty-party it won’t make the different cause customer will buy from the game too (customer buy game to play that still counting….from game being sold not just gems and game items…..!)

Ps. this is just suggestion and not violent comment and might be good if the person called themselves the “Admin” take these suggestion to further thought to improve the game, and feel free to comment the another customer that disagree with this suggestion as this is open forum of the subject.

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

The problem with this is it in itself its open to abuse. Thanks to this “system” I’ve lost 500g from my account that was legitimately earned by myself.

I was warned someone wanted to get me banned because they didnt like me. Hours later I get a mail sent to me containing 500g from someone I don’t know. Thinking this is some kind of scam/bait to try to get my account flagged and maybe banned i play it smart and click the “return to sender” link in the mail. This returns the gold back to the sender without it going into my account.

Next day I log on my account funds have gone from 880g down to 380g, so 500g missing from my account. I now think it was anet who took the gold, I dont have access to my email account so no idea if it was indeed them (have opened a ticket though 1948145).

So I suspect on sending me the gold the troll got my account flagged and then later the anet team removed 500g thinking it was dirty money. As said the problem is the dirty money was returned to the sender and never got put in my account. So the 500g they infact took was MY legitimately farmed gold. So they didn’t double check that 500g was returned to sender, they just took my gold…..

Still waiting for support to admit this to me and give me my farmed gold back. I have never brought gold and never will nor would I accept any gold that I suspected of being dirty money. So it would have been nice if the team had checked my account properly before taking 3 weeks+ worth of gold from me without any questions or checks…

NOT IMPRESSED!

Rely on bots to flag accounts, that is good. However then simply removing gold without and proper checks after that, should NOT be happening.

(edited by clone wars.9568)

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Would it be crazy if players couldnt send gold to each other via mail? At least it would solve a lot of frustration on all ends, though i could see why many also wouldnt like it

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Loli Ruri.8307

Rely on bots to flag accounts, that is good. However then simply removing gold without and proper checks after that, should NOT be happening.

There should be a log of you sending it back. Getting it cleared up with customer support should be possible. If you get issues tho, request that you get the attention of a head admin to investigate and return gold. You should also request that the person who deliberately attacked you be also suspended for harassment and abuse of the system. More than likely the person who did this to you simply went to the bot site and put your IGN in as the recipient of the gold. This is an old strategy that bullies have used in other games, to get legit people banned.

I doubt you have anything to worry about, you should be able to get your gold back, because there are logs of you sending the gold back to the kitten who sent it.

Would it be crazy if players couldnt send gold to each other via mail? At least it would solve a lot of frustration on all ends, though i could see why many also wouldnt like it

Then they would use something of equivalent value that the recipient could then sell on the TP.

(edited by Loli Ruri.8307)

Bloodstealer.5978

The problem with this is it in itself its open to abuse. Thanks to this “system” I’ve lost 500g from my account that was legitimately earned by myself.

I was warned someone wanted to get me banned because they didnt like me. Hours later I get a mail sent to me containing 500g from someone I don’t know. Thinking this is some kind of scam/bait to try to get my account flagged and maybe banned i play it smart and click the “return to sender” link in the mail. This returns the gold back to the sender without it going into my account.

Next day I log on my account funds have gone from 880g down to 380g, so 500g missing from my account. I now think it was anet who took the gold, I dont have access to my email account so no idea if it was indeed them (have opened a ticket though 1948145).

So I suspect on sending me the gold the troll got my account flagged and then later the anet team removed 500g thinking it was dirty money. As said the problem is the dirty money was returned to the sender and never got put in my account. So the 500g they infact took was MY legitimately farmed gold. So they didn’t double check that 500g was returned to sender, they just took my gold…..

Still waiting for support to admit this to me and give me my farmed gold back. I have never brought gold and never will nor would I accept any gold that I suspected of being dirty money. So it would have been nice if the team had checked my account properly before taking 3 weeks+ worth of gold from me without any questions or checks…

NOT IMPRESSED!

I would like ANET to post here on this posters issue.. maybe we’re not getting the full story or indeed ANET have fallen fowl of their own checks… not unheard of, but neither is avoidance of the truth.

ANET can we get some clarification on this one, as this could indeed open up more than a few cans of worms for players.

Loli Ruri.8307

ANET can we get some clarification on this one, as this could indeed open up more than a few cans of worms for players.

Because if it’s true that it happened to him, then it reveals that on this game it is possible to grief others with bot gold. He will want to contest this anyways, because the incident is a strike against his account. It does impact on that account in the future, and potentially other accounts associated.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Because if it’s true that it happened to him, then it reveals that on this game it is possible to grief others with bot gold. He will want to contest this anyways, because the incident is a strike against his account. It does impact on that account in the future, and potentially other accounts associated.

There was some person here some time ago that say they got grief by some person buy gold and send to them. Anet show it was a lie and player buy gold from gold seller. I can not find this post now but I remember this.

Never believe what person say when they say innocent. From what read in this forum most time they are not.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Bloodstealer.5978

There was some person here some time ago that say they got grief by some person buy gold and send to them. Anet show it was a lie and player buy gold from gold seller. I can not find this post now but I remember this.

Never believe what person say when they say innocent. From what read in this forum most time they are not.

Which is why it’s in ANET’s interest and the playerbases to know if this is indeed a player misleading us or if in fact there is actual issues with this system that need to be addressed now before ANET dive in with both feet again.

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

Okay thanks to those that didnt try saying i was making this up. I thought I’d keep you updated once this was resolved, and as of 10mins ago I have my gold back thanks to support.

Here’s a copy of the email they sent me and a screen of the 5 mails they sent me in-game each one containing 100g to the total of 500g.

“Thank you for getting back to us!

I sent 500 gold to your mailbox! If you do not see the mail, simply reduce the mailbox content to allow pending mails to drop into the box. Please be careful to remove the mailed item using the correct character.

I apologize for the inconvenience! Have a wonderful day!

Regards,

GM Leia
Guild Wars 2 Support Team"

The issue is this current system is flawed and i can again find myself being the victim of trolls abusing the system to try to get me or others banned. Even the support team doesnt trust their own detecting systems, if they did they would have returned the 500g in ONE mail instead of splitting it up into 5. Because they know sending it in one mail will likely flag my account yet again. I’m thankful to GM Leia for my gold back of course, but still angry this flawed detection system and its false positives, not to mention the lack (in my case) of proper checks before removing gold from players accounts.

Attachments:

Bloodstealer.5978

Okay thanks to those that didnt try saying i was making this up. I thought I’d keep you updated once this was resolved, and as of 10mins ago I have my gold back thanks to support.

Here’s a copy of the email they sent me and a screen of the 5 mails they sent me in-game each one containing 100g to the total of 500g.

“Thank you for getting back to us!

I sent 500 gold to your mailbox! If you do not see the mail, simply reduce the mailbox content to allow pending mails to drop into the box. Please be careful to remove the mailed item using the correct character.

I apologize for the inconvenience! Have a wonderful day!

Regards,

GM Leia
Guild Wars 2 Support Team"

The issue is this current system is flawed and i can again find myself being the victim of trolls abusing the system to try to get me or others banned. Even the support team doesnt trust their own detecting systems, if they did they would have returned the 500g in ONE mail instead of splitting it up into 5. Because they know sending it in one mail will likely flag my account yet again. I’m thankful to GM Leia for my gold back of course, but still angry this flawed detection system and its false positives, not to mention the lack (in my case) of proper checks before removing gold from players accounts.

Well ANET never came here to clarify the mess.. thankfully Clone has done, and grz on getting back what was rightfully yours… this now leaves the playerbase in a state of unknowing once more and I will hazard a guess this is gunna make for some kind of soup bowl back at HQ … let the floodgates be opened!

Loli Ruri.8307

Turns out the person got their gold back from Anet. Nice try btw, because I was pointing out that if there was any facts, Anet is the people who can fix the problem. I don’t have any decision making abilities, and this is just a public forum. 2nd pointing out that it is possible to grief players with gold dumps from bots. At least ArenaNet knows about it now.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Turns out the person got their gold back from Anet. Nice try btw, because I was pointing out that if there was any facts, Anet is the people who can fix the problem. I don’t have any decision making abilities, and this is just a public forum. 2nd pointing out that it is possible to grief players with gold dumps from bots. At least ArenaNet knows about it now.

No, it wasn’t clone that Qugi’s referring to. There was one person in a separate thread that claimed someone was setting her up. Turns out she had been a regular customer for gold sellers.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I think Anet needs to make these types of alerts ingame on popups or something as well as in the forums. So many players never come to the forums and so many more dont know they exist.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Healingz R Us.7240

Healingz R Us.7240

It doesn’t matter if the gold was stolen from a hacked account or earned legitimately. Buying gold from RMT is against the ToS. Period.

There are a lot of things in life against ToS. I’m sure none of us have EVER ripped a song off of YouTube or used abusive language towards a troll in game, right?

What I’m saying is, I knew it was against the ToS, but I did it anyways, and I accepted responsibility for that in my post and suffered the consequences. Not because I have a “screw the ToS” attitude or anything, but because I didn’t understand the damage it causes.

Like I said, I learned my lesson, and I’m quite happy that ANET is taking these steps to prevent players from purchasing RMT gold now that I understand the effect it has.

However, that doesn’t mean that making sure players are educated on the effects of RMT is a bad idea. Just saying “The ToS is enough” is not an effective strategy. Why be satisfied with just “Oh hey it says not to do it in the ToS” when you can easily take an extra, more effective step in addressing the issue?

In no way am I blaming ANET for my actions or any other players’. It’s not their fault, obviously, but it is a problem that they and all of us face, and they can do something further about it. NOT A BAD IDEA.

-Healy

Posted by: erikoss.2734

erikoss.2734

I just think you guys would have to improve the method of detecting gold sellers and buyers because I have two bills passed 1000g farmados by laurels and sw with a lot of sweat , over hours and days farmando for work and do not have much time to play so I spent the gold for my main account got 500golds when I picked up the other 500 golds my account closed took ban than 1 week without warning any and when he returned you guys GMS took all my gold , I sent several tickets for why the incident and the only answer We were NOT INFORM YOU CAN MORE DETAILS . I think the support part and work of you this with a major flaw for I am a player from gw1 who always played honestly to have a so bad treatment well. On top to prove that another account was my ode and gold seller I sent email , tickets and even then I was treated like trash .

Posted by: GUN EM DOWN.4078

GUN EM DOWN.4078

Its not like you cant just convert gems :/

Buff black chick | Esportsmanship | pref my eggs kicked | big black glock | peekaboo stance

the original dab daddy

Posted by: livestrongbp.9654

livestrongbp.9654

For all of you complaining about “false flags”, they have said it happens rarely, and most people complaining about the bans/ suspends have been proven guilty. So keep that in mind. You are capable of saying/typing you are innocent without actually being innocent. Like they really falsely flag hundreds of accounts….. yeah right. People just not smart enough to know they can prove you actually kittened up. They made one of the biggest MMORPGs of all time, don’t think they aren’t smart enough to get evidence and proof.

i7 4790k @ 4.5ghz, MSI GTX970 1400mhz Core 7.5ghz ram, Samsung 840 ssd, Corsair16gb 1866mhz CL9.