Radeon HD 7900 HoT update problems

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: LeBaiton.3651

LeBaiton.3651

See title. I just installed the new HoT patch/update. I had no graphical problems before the update.

With the update, all shaded areas and caves are bright white. I updated the graphics drivers to the latest build. Problem persists.

Looking for a fix. Playing with the graphic options under the options tab did not yield results, unfortunately.

Kind regards,

LeBaiton

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Undo the OC if you have it, or downclock a little bit the gpu to see if it helps. HD7900 gpus are known for a lot of glitches and problems.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Posted by: LeBaiton.3651

LeBaiton.3651

Thanks for the tip Ansau, but I have no idea what OC means, or how to downclock my GPU…

But I never had any graphical problems with the game before yesterday, and this is the first time ever where a game is graphically glitching for me.

I went to shaman’s rookery today to do the jumping puzzle, and the whole area near the entrance is almost completely white. So white it hurts my eyes.

Entering the cave makes it more bearable, but it’s still ridiculously bright.

I foresee this will definitely impact my experiences with the game, I’ve only been playing it for 3 weeks and I’m preparing to have fun with friends in dungeons. If the dungeon areas are the same (which I haven’t been able to check out yet), this could be a problem.

Today I completely uninstalled all drivers, and used Driver Sweeper to really clean house. I then reinstalled the latest AMD driver build, and the problem’s still there.

I honestly have no idea how I should fix this, or if it’s a problem with the current GW build.

Please, can anyone help me?

Kind regards,

LeBaiton