Randomly crashes while running - lockedRect.pBits

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I was playing on bootcamp windows 7, worked perfectly. Installed on mac 3 days ago, worked perfectly. Yesterday it started crashing randomly while playing.
when it crashes: approximately an hour apart, none of the circumstances are the same (first time was on loading trading post, second was in the middle of attacking a bat. Just now, it happened twice in 10 minutes while running in WvW – but I hadn’t played WvW before).
I believe it’s the same error that pops up each time. I took a screen shot of it, attached.
lockedRect.pBits
A serious error has occurred that prevented the application from continuing. A report has been sent to ArenaNet to help determine the cause.

Computer Specs:
MacPro5,1
6-Core Intel Xeon 3.33 GHz
16 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870
running on a PCIe SSD (also the startup disk)

Come to think of it, just after the first time, I think the trading post was inaccessible (down for maintenance I assumed). Maybe I just need to reinstall it? couldn’t hurt. I’ll try that, but I wanted to report the bug nonetheless.

Attachments:

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

well, it’s been about 2 hours since I reinstalled it, played WvW entire time, no crash. I think that solved it. sleep now, I’ll report again after giving it longer to test