Really frustrated with crashes....

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: angelkiss.7416

angelkiss.7416

So I run HoT on the mac client, and I tend to crash 3-4 times per gaming session. My wife runs it on her mac (IMAC) same issue….The reasons for the crash are too many to list, and I really can’t be asked to go into what my spec is, where I bought my PC, what was the last thing I was doing before the crash and all that crap…WHY? because it’s a load of bull.. the client is useless…

Go into a busy town…crash
Kill a world boss….crash
Do a group quest…. crash
Zoom in and out of the map….crash

And the most frustrating thing of all: you wait for a group quest to pop up, or you wait for a world boss for a daily…. and half way through you crash. you relog in and you are in a different server where the boss or group quest do not exist… and you have wasted your time.

What does this do for the game experience?

Can you please put some effort in, fix the software and communicate while doing it… No more excuses – JFDI.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

They can’t fix it because it runs under Cider and Cider is a 32-Bit Windows emulation
that, like 32-bit Win, can only use 2 GB memory.

Now Cider has been bought by NVidia because they just wanted some stuff for
Consoles or whatever, and will mostly never be further developed.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

angelkiss.7416

So why not move away from cider to something else….? I mean it’s just ridiculous… large company, large production, and kitten mac deployment… Just get a couple of mac programmers on the payroll that know what they are doing, or hire out the mac dev…. the engine is the same, just needs to be compiled for OS X….

They need a can do attitude not this “boo hoo” it’s too hard attitude they’ve been displaying. Surely they must have known 32 bit architecture is not the way forward a long time ago, for a game this size…. even the windows version of the game is in beta at 64 bit..

If they really can’t be asked to do a proper OSX deployment then use wineskin…just like cider, only actively developed, works in the same way, seamlessly…

(edited by angelkiss.7416)

angelkiss.7416

Bump… Would appreciate some acknowledgment from the people who’s salaries I/we the player base pay…

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

Yea…I wouldn’t bump this.

Search “Mac Client” and you’ll see this topic has been beat to death for years.

The condescending attitude will get you nothing but a vacation from the forums.

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

Bump… Would appreciate some acknowledgment from the people who’s salaries I/we the player base pay…

Forget about that and I don’t say that in a mean way but if you take a look around the forum you’ll see the Mac problem has been discussed endlessly and it’s every Mac user’s problem.

Unless ANet makes a native client the situation won’t improve.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The Mac version crashes on everything except on minimal settings, even if you get 40-50fps at high settings it’s gonna crash. It was fixed once about 18 months ago but they broke it a few months later.

angelkiss.7416

I would think that a paying customer complaining about a non working product would be within my right, I hardly see how that would/should get me a “vacation from the forums”… But thanks for the support. No wonder A-Net doesn’t bother responding, you’re all resigned to the status quo… Sad.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Yea…I wouldn’t bump this.

Search “Mac Client” and you’ll see this topic has been beat to death for years.

So an attitude of patronizing superiority which = condescending attitude would get a suspension? Look at it from the OP’s perspective, customer who paid money, help, your product doesn’t work, is anything going to happen? But yeah it has been beaten to death for years, that’s why the OP is being condescending. But to suspend a person for that reason is enough to kill customers. Think about it.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

All I’m saying is that incessant bumping of a thread with veiled threats about paying their salary will get you banned.

See my quoted user at the bottom of this post

Thedog.7543. He’s not there anymore. Was terminated right after making the posts in that thread. There were many more “Bump” posts from him, and more general insults/threats. But they’re gone because he’s banned.

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS