Really?

Really?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

Just wondered how long this was in the works? considering I’ve gone out and brought a PC when i am fully mac enabled.

Lack of comms on this is horrific considering you said you wouldn’t be supporting it.

Joke

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

Really?

Posted by: Zogro.4678

Zogro.4678

Life goes on. Deal with it!

Really?

Posted by: Risotto.7309

Risotto.7309

Actually they’ve stated all along they had an internal team working on porting options for the game. And they even had quite a few “wink wink nudge nudge” moments when asked about official Mac support.

That said, no one is forcing you to stop using your new PC for GW2.

Joke indeed.

Really?

Posted by: Mandy.4372

Mandy.4372

I agree that the lack of communication was a little bit disappointing. I spent the last 3 days getting my hard drive to partition so I could run Win7 in bootcamp, and literally as I’m installing my Windows Updates I hear this announcement.

As you can imagine I’m a little sour that I spent that time configuring things when I could have just waited 3 days and played on the PC in the mean time.

The thing that we should take away from this is that GW2 is finally natively on OSX and we should enjoy.

Really?

Posted by: Canada Steve.8593

Canada Steve.8593

@Mandy.4372
Don’t trash your Bootcamp partition just yet. This is a port using Transgaming’s Cider framework, not a native app. Performance will likely be significantly better using Bootcamp.

Really?

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

@Mandy.4372
Don’t trash your Bootcamp partition just yet. This is a port using Transgaming’s Cider framework, not a native app. Performance will likely be significantly better using Bootcamp.

Especially while it is in beta.

Really?

Posted by: Canada Steve.8593

Canada Steve.8593

OTOH, now that I’m in I’ve been pleasantly surprised. Framerates are a fair bit better than when using Crossover, even at 1920×1200. A few minor niggles such as the mouse scroll wheel issue reported elsewhere, but very promising overall.

Really?

Posted by: Mandy.4372

Mandy.4372

Well I’m not trashing my bootcamp partition since I can’t get the Mac Client to show me anything other than a black screen. I made a thread; maybe someone will have a remedy.

Really?

Posted by: Phato.5831

Phato.5831

OTOH, now that I’m in I’ve been pleasantly surprised. Framerates are a fair bit better than when using Crossover, even at 1920×1200. A few minor niggles such as the mouse scroll wheel issue reported elsewhere, but very promising overall.

You can fix the mouse wheel issue in options. Uncheck Mac Beta: Use scrolling gestures to change direction.

Really?

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

Just wondered how long this was in the works? considering I’ve gone out and brought a PC when i am fully mac enabled.

Lack of comms on this is horrific considering you said you wouldn’t be supporting it.

Joke

They never said they wouldn’t support OSX, they only said there won’t be a OSX client at launch. And there wasn’t.

Really?

Posted by: Thomanson.4765

Thomanson.4765

Technically, there /still/ isn’t an OSX client. There’s a Windows client with a Translation Layer wrapper. XD

Really?

Posted by: Moophious.1735

Moophious.1735

Joke

And what about all those people who recently purchased a iphone4S a few weeks before the release of i5? Should they whine and complain too? Actually I can think of MANY similar QQs but here’s the thing – it’s a product – you’re not entitled and life goes on.

Really?

Posted by: Djinn.4396

Djinn.4396

I agree that the lack of communication was a little bit disappointing. I spent the last 3 days getting my hard drive to partition so I could run Win7 in bootcamp, and literally as I’m installing my Windows Updates I hear this announcement.

As you can imagine I’m a little sour that I spent that time configuring things when I could have just waited 3 days and played on the PC in the mean time.

The thing that we should take away from this is that GW2 is finally natively on OSX and we should enjoy.

If you spent 3 days trying to get boot camp to work you have issues.. it is one of the easiest things in the world to do..

Really?

Posted by: Djinn.4396

Djinn.4396

Joke

And what about all those people who recently purchased a iphone4S a few weeks before the release of i5? Should they whine and complain too? Actually I can think of MANY similar QQs but here’s the thing – it’s a product – you’re not entitled and life goes on.

No those people should lie down on the train tracks and wait for the train. In NO product cycle apple has EVER had were there more leaks and obvious reporting on the new phone being avilable. the Iph5 has been on the radar for months now.. if you bought an iphone in the last 4 months you definitely need to get out from under that rock you live under..

Really?

Posted by: Parczival.1735

Parczival.1735

@Mandy …I can echo your sentiment, and while I didn’t look deeply into the whole Mac client thing, it all seemed to point to “no Mac client”.

This was my first Bootcamp experience. If it’s taking you 3 days, you may have some other issues. It really didn’t take long for me to go through the whole install process.

Really?

Posted by: J Night.3468

J Night.3468

If you spent 3 days trying to get boot camp to work you have issues.. it is one of the easiest things in the world to do..

actually, since apple have been going downhill recently… bootcamp doesn’t download the proper gpu drivers. so, for simple folk.. they may struggle tryna get it to work. especially when they won’t be able to install latest drivers right away because bootcamp won’t let them.

Embrace the darkness..

Really?

Posted by: Moderator

This subforum is for tech support of the mac client, not mac client discussion.