Reflections issue

Reflections issue

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

Hi, I seem to have an issue with reflections. Seems, when I turn them on, I got a graphic bug. Here’s what happens, as stated with the pictures. When I put Reflections on “Terain & Sky” or on “All” that graphic thingy appear. But, when I turn them off, all seems fine.

I use Nvdia GTX560 TI graphic card, think that’s the name. I’m not really a computer wizz, but this is rather annoying.

Any advice? Appart from playing without reflections.

Thank you.

Attachments:

Reflections issue

Posted by: Karma Yogi.3426

Karma Yogi.3426

I’ve got the exact same problem since I’ve upgraded to Nvidia 306.97 drivers. My graphics card is Nvdia GTX560 TI, Core i7.

Any help would be much appreciated as it’s almost impossible to play especially in closed areas like caves.

Reflections issue

Posted by: mathisk.6427

mathisk.6427

From the looks of things, I would guess that the problem is an outdated version of DirectX, some sort of driver corruption (conflicting files with an older version), or an issue with conflicting settings between GW2 and Windows.

So I’d check the Windows driver settings and make sure that the driver options are all set to “Application controlled” or “Do not override application settings” or whatever the option is. Then I would try doing a complete, clean install of the latest nVidia driver. That means do the full uninstall, reboot, use a cleaner program to make sure all traces of the current driver are removed, reboot, then install the new driver. And if things still didn’t work, I’d go to Microsoft’s website and use the DirectX Web Installer to make sure that all my DirectX files are up to date.

Reflections issue

Posted by: whitecrows.4905

whitecrows.4905

I have the same issue since upgrading to the NVIDIA 306.97 drivers (see attached). I have a GeForce 260 graphics card.

I’ve re-installed the graphics drivers and they’re set to their default settings. Haven’t tried DirectX yet – I’ll try updating it and see if it makes any difference.

Attachments:

Reflections issue

Posted by: Schoons.4057

Schoons.4057

I was having the same issues with my GTX 460 after updating the driver. Restored to default settings and it seems to have fixed it up!

Reflections issue

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Oh hey, same problem here with GTX 570, latest drivers 306.97 installed from scratch (used driversweeper before).

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

(edited by Antiriad.7160)

Reflections issue

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

Great. Glad to have an answer finally. As I’ve stated, when I turn reflections off, the problem goes away. But, I’ll try with a fresh install of new drives. If that does not help, I’ll try with DirectX. I did follow the instruction Anet gave for Nvidia Cards, for conflicting settings between GW2 and Windows. That seems okay.

Will update when I do this.