Reflections.

Reflections.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: derekshreds.5394

derekshreds.5394

My system is a Pentium G2120 Ivy Bridge and a GTX 660 ti.

Obviously my processor is choking on this game. I run 90-100% load on both cores always. The GTX stays around 30-40% load.

I run everything on high right now with the exceptions of LOD and animation. I also keep reflections set to terrain only. I can nail 60 fps everywhere except Lion’s Arch.

So what will it take to push those last few settings and keep my fps. Will a 3570k handle it? Anyone with one overclocked to 4+ Ghz that can report accurate FPS with a similar GFX card?

Reflections.

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Any 4core up to date Intel Ivybridge CPU should be able to manage 4.3ghz without any problem. Possibly up to 4.5ghz if you really fine tune the voltages. Any Sandybridge should manage 4.5ghz wihtout any problem and possibly as high as 4.7ghz if its ifine tuned ..and with a little luck. So aim for 4.3ghz atleast. 4ghz would be a trivial OC and only a couple hundread ghz faster than stock.

As for FPS, well with my CPU…im caping out via the GPU in LA atm becouse im on a 560ti however i can manage at 1920×1080 all max settings except rendering ..which is on native ..and with reflections on terrain and sky. I get 60fps in LA. But my GPU is maxed out or almost maxed out all the time 90%+.
If i put reflection on max my fps can dip as low as 35 averaging at 45.

Bassicaly ..if you were running a 3570k or 2550k at 4.3ghz or 4.5ghz respectivly ..with a 66ti ..you ‘should’ be able to get 60 fps in LA so long as relfections are on terrain and sky. If you max that otpion aswell ..you would likely need a OC’d 670 or higher to handle it at 60 fps.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Reflections.

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

i played around with all the GFX settings there are and it seems that “reflections” are the culprit for those FPS issues lately
if they are turned off, i get my desired 60FPS wherever i am
if enabled, i get massive FPS drops, depending on the scenerey

i wonder why this setting does drop the FPS so much…
OC’ed my i7 950 @4Ghz and gtx580 @1Ghz and still nothing
my CPU and GPU are both never above 60% usage – so i might just throttle the clocks down again

also, invisible terrains at some spots (native rendering only) are caused by reflections

turn the reflections off :ยด(

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”