Regarding one of my tickets, sounds fishy.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

So, in my most recent support ticket in regards to a Mad Memoires unlock I received this response.

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

I will be more than glad to look into your request, but there are certain details that I need to confirm and in order for me to do that I need access to your account. If you agree with this procedure, please let me know and I’ll try to do this in the fastest way possible.

The password of your account will be changed and your email authenticator will be temporarily disabled. Once I have logged out of your account, I will re-enable the e-mail authenticatior of your account and set you a new password.

I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

GM Wicho
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

Now as far as I can tell, it DOES come from GW2, however it just seems……..really fishy. Like I was under the impression there was never any need for GMs and such to go into someone’s account under any circumstance? What made this extra odd to me was that I received this email last night (November 2nd) and I was under the impression Support tickets are not answered on the weekend?

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

GMs do, indeed, sometimes access players’ accounts. You can wait here for a Dev response, or ask about it in your support ticket.

Good luck.

Celestina.2894

GMs do , indeed, sometimes access players’ accounts. You can wait here for a Dev response, or ask about it in your support ticket.

Good luck.

Hmm…I’ll give it a bit to see if I get a dev response, rather be safe then sorry ya know?

Posted by: GM Talon.8726

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

There are some rare situations in which we will ask for your permission to log in to your account. What we will never do, however, is ask you for the password to your account. I looked for your ticket in our support interface and I do see that we sent that reply to you, so no worries.

Celestina.2894

There are some rare situations in which we will ask for your permission to log in to your account. What we will never do, however, is ask you for the password to your account. I looked for your ticket in our support interface and I do see that we sent that reply to you, so no worries.

Awesome, thanks for the quick response.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oh, and fyi….the CS Team works 24/7/365. So, nothing odd about getting a response on the weekend, or any other time.

Glad you got confirmation. =)

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Here is how you can tell if it’s fishy or not.

Anet said they sometimes need to access your account, BUT, since they are Anet, they don’t need you to give them any information to access it, just approval for them to log on and see what the issue is. If they ask for your login and password, then be worried. Since that email only asks for permission, and not any information for the account, it shows it comes from the source.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.