Registration code error: 502

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Splaytooth.4562

Splaytooth.4562

For those of you who don’t want to read a book: My friend can’t get past the second registration stage(he has an existing account) because he recieves error 502.

I have Guild wars 2 myself and created my account with no disastrous errors like the one my friend has encountered. When he first created his account at the same time he wrote down his serial key he got error 502 but ignored it. Obviously it didn’t work to log in at the GW2 launcher which led him to the register page once again.

He then proceeded to the link aside “How do I apply a serial code to an already existing account?” which advised him to choose the option “I already have an account” at the same page you write down the serial key.

He simply can’t get past “Step Two: Update Your Contact Information” because he gets the 502 error code instead of the congratulations message. The reason I’m writing this here is because

The full error message:
502 – Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi Splaytooth,

Error 502 means that there is some kind of problem with the webpage. Unfortunately there is nothing much we can do from the forums, as we already have to endure it when it happens. All I can recommend is to have a little patience – hard when you want to play a game – and ask him to try a bit later.

In any case, the error shouldn’t be there for much longer, so have him try in a bit. It’s just a matter of patience.

Thanks for your understanding.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Splaytooth — was your friend able to register? We’re having some log-in server issues right now, and if he had website issues first and then ran into the server issue, we sincerely apologize for that “double whammy.”

I am hoping that he was able to log in — could you let me know? (And if he’s still having issues, let me know the error code he’s getting?) Thanks!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet