Reimbursed for, or new total makeover kit?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: snyper.2719

snyper.2719

I recently purchased a total make over kit about a month ago I assume, maybe a slight bit more. Anyways I have always been unhappy with the eye colour options for the male Asuran race. This new adaptation of the same kit promises new eye colours. I was wondering if I could be reimbursed or have a new kit sent to my inbox so that I may change the colour of my eyes on my main to something a little more to my liking?

Thanks,

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

Ask support. Usually private decisions don’t get reimbursed.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Think of it this way, you buy a car, 2 months later they release a brand new model. Do you think the dealer will let you return the car you bought to get one in a new colour you like more? When you purchased the kit, you were aware of what was available. You would send a ticket, but I’m highly doubtful they will replace it.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We will not be able to provide a new kit in order for you to make additional changes. If you used the kit, you would need to purchase a new kit, which would give you access to the newly-offered items and features.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

We will not be able to provide a new kit in order for you to make additional changes. If you used the kit, you would need to purchase a new kit, which would give you access to the newly-offered items and features.

Could you please clarify one point for me: Is the kit-with-new-eye-colors a new item, or is it the same item as was offered in the past? The distinction being that if I buy, say, 5 kits now, but only use 1, will my 4 unused kits get new options the next time the kits are enhanced or will I have to buy new ones to get the new features? I suppose that there is no way to tell for certain as future enhancements haven’t necessarily been planned, so I suppose a statement on what happened this time (as past tense obligates nobody) is the best I can hope for.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: synch.2980

synch.2980

They added the options to the existing kits. Any you have now, or purchase and save, will have the new eye/hair color options available.

There’s no way to predict what they will do in the future. If they add new hairstyles, say, to the existing kits, unused kits would get them. If, however, they add a new “glamour hair kit” for them, then existing kits would not.

Given that they chose not to make a new kit for this, I’d expect that new colors/styles in the future would just be added to the existing kits, but that’s only a guess from some random shmoe on the internets – don’t bet the farm on it.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I don’t want to speak in absolutes. The new colours were added this time; similar additions may also appear in existing (purchased, in inventory) kits in the future. However, there may be additions that are not offered in the kits. That is, a kit purchased in 2013 may not have as many components as a kit purchased in 2014.

Sorry I can’t be more specific, but things change as time passes. I prefer not to comment in such a way that it could be seen as a “promise” for the future.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet