[Report] Lag Issues [ Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Anyone else experiencing massive lag today all of a sudden? I usually get ~300-350 ms ping but today it won’t come down below 1000 and during spikes it goes as high as 4.5k ms. Literally, its unplayable atm for me and others from Asia and Australia.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

(edited by NiloyBardhan.9170)

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Let’s take a look at what is happening – can anyone else who is having problems please post some pics of pingplotter/traceroute/etc whatever to pinpoint where the problems are occuring on their servers (at least if it seems to appear that way to you)?

We need a bigger picture to see where the fault is happening first so then they can figure the cause. Hopefully if enough people submit pictures the fixes might come sooner if they aren’t already working on it. Don’t forget to add your location and what region you play on (EU/US). Thank you for your help.

Region: EU (Ring Of Fire)
Playtime: All day (lol most of it anyway)
Location in game: Pve/WvW/Pvp all affected.
Symptoms: In-game rubber banding/teleporting, high ping ranges fluctuating anywhere between 280ms to 1800ms, I’d say the average hovers between 400~600’ish. It’s too wild to make any real guestimates. This has of course happened only when an update comes around, but it may just be coincidence. In any case let’s hope it gets sorted. I’d say my usual ping latencies are 230-260ms.

Attachments:

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Looks like your issue is when you hit gtt.net witch is most likely a fiber optic backbone that could have a node issue that is out of Anets control this may clear itself eventually but the most you can hope for is to send the ping path log to your ISP the may be able to forward it to gtt.net. The high ping and error coming off Anets Ip is the security system rejecting the ping request.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

(edited by Feirlista Xv.1425)

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Looks like your issue is when you hit gtt.net witch is most likely a fiber optic backbone that could have a node issue that is out of Anets control this may clear itself eventually but the most you can hope for is to send the ping path log to your ISP the may be able to forward it to gtt.net. The high ping and error coming off Anets Ip is the security system rejecting the ping request.

It’s not even really high ping, it’s just the continuation of the ping from node 6 having issues. But I do agree, your node 6 is the problem, which is completely outside of Anet’s control. Your ISP would be a better place to contact and have them forward the information to the owners so they can get it fixed.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Rob.6934

Rob.6934

Any opinion on mine?

I log in and everything is fine with a 20-60 msec ping. After 20-25 minutes into the game, this happens:

Attachments:

Ellieanna.5027

Any opinion on mine?

I log in and everything is fine with a 20-60 msec ping. After 20-25 minutes into the game, this happens:

Your node 7 is really high, but you first need to handle hop 2, which is your ISP. Send this to them and talk to them to see what is going on.

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/44knw6/extreme_lag_in_singaporeasia/

Reposting this here to hopefully get some attention to it (lol, like this forum gets more attention than reddit).

Anyways, ping started shooting up at about midnight PST. Normally I sit at about 120 and now I’m spiking to 4000. Everyone I know from British Columbia and Singapore is having the same issue (strange given their locations). Apparently others are having this issue, too. Other programs are working fine, it’s just Guild Wars. Was in TS with the guys from Singapore and Vancouver and at the exact same time we had the lag start. I’m guessing it’s not on our ends.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Experience myself as well as hearing other players from OCX region are getting incredible lag.

Reaching over 1000 ping. The game has become unplayable.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Yes.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I was also having issues. More so a couple of hours ago, it seemed to even out for me this evening. But it was really really bad and sitting above 1000 ms for ping.
I’m in NZ and my ping is usually between 150 and 200 at worst.

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Its fine now. It lasted for approximately an hour phew

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.guildwars2.com%2Fentries%2F91354558-How-to-Address-Lag

Nothing Anet can really do about this. Most likely it’s your ISP. Run a ping plotter to determine that.

FlamingFoxx.1305

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.guildwars2.com%2Fentries%2F91354558-How-to-Address-Lag

Nothing Anet can really do about this. Most likely it’s your ISP. Run a ping plotter to determine that.

It doesn’t appear to be ISP related given that the lag is quite spontaneous, is affecting lots of Oceania players over various countries, and not continuous . I’ve never had ping problems before yesterday and it was quite severe. It went away after about half an hour so wasn’t majorly distressing, but at least when it happened to me I wasn’t in the middle of anything.

Ellieanna.5027

It doesn’t appear to be ISP related given that the lag is quite spontaneous, is affecting lots of Oceania players over various countries, and not continuous . I’ve never had ping problems before yesterday and it was quite severe. It went away after about half an hour so wasn’t majorly distressing, but at least when it happened to me I wasn’t in the middle of anything.

So as the person said, run a ping plotter to determine the issue. Spontaneous lag still very much can be either ISP or a hop between you and Anet, both of which are outside of Anet’s control.

Posted by: DoM.8396

DoM.8396

Starting the other night when the servers went offline for a few minutes is when I started experiencing these really bad spikes. It’s so annoying, and I hope it’s resolved soon.

DoM.8396

I’m here in New Brunswick Canada, and I am experiencing spikes of up to 500ms. Any skills that are movement based glitch out. This all started the other night when the servers went down for roughly 3 minutes. Ever since they came back online, I’ve had these issues.

DoM.8396

Anyone here still experiencing any spikes or anything of the sort? I’m here in New Brunswick Canada, and I am experiencing spikes of up to 500ms. This all started the other night when the servers went down for roughly 3 minutes. Ever since they came back online, I’ve had these issues and still do.

Andraus.3874

I’m here in New Brunswick Canada, and I am experiencing spikes of up to 500ms. Any skills that are movement based glitch out. This all started the other night when the servers went down for roughly 3 minutes. Ever since they came back online, I’ve had these issues.

Run ping plotter and post a pick of the findings here if you have trouble interpreting it. Most likely it is your ISP.

DoM.8396

I’ve already done the test every day since it’s happened…

================ = Tracing network paths (about 10 mins) ================
—> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 64.25.39.1 <--

Tracing route to 64.25.33-1.ncsoft.com [64.25.39.1]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
0 DESKTOP-LGA2RHP.hitronhub.home [192.168.0.14]
1 hitronhub.home [192.168.0.1]
2 * * *
Computing statistics for 12 seconds…
Source to Here This Node/Link
Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
0/ 50 = 0% |
1 0ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% hitronhub.home [192.168.0.1]

Trace complete.
—> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 206.127.158.1 <--

Tracing route to 206-127-158-1.ncsoft.com [206.127.158.1]
2 * * *
0/ 50 = 0% |

Trace complete.
—> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 174.35.43.6 <--

Tracing route to INTEL_CE_LINUX [174.35.43.6]
1 * * *
Computing statistics for 0 seconds…

Trace complete.
Section completed in 27.42 seconds

Andraus.3874

I’ve already done the test every day since it’s happened…

================ = Tracing network paths (about 10 mins) ================
—> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 64.25.39.1 <--

Tracing route to 64.25.33-1.ncsoft.com [64.25.39.1]
2 * * *
0/ 50 = 0% |

Trace complete.
—> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 206.127.158.1 <--

Tracing route to 206-127-158-1.ncsoft.com [206.127.158.1]
2 * * *
0/ 50 = 0% |

Trace complete.
—> pathping -w 500 -q 50 -4 174.35.43.6 <--

Tracing route to INTEL_CE_LINUX [174.35.43.6]
1 * * *
Computing statistics for 0 seconds…

Trace complete.
Section completed in 27.42 seconds

Hopefully someone can help explain this. I don’t really know what’s going on here with only 3 hops.

DoM.8396

I know right… What the heck is going on. I contacted my ISP and there isn’t any issues with my network or surrounding networks with my ISP.

Andraus.3874

I know right… What the heck is going on. I contacted my ISP and there isn’t any issues with my network or surrounding networks with my ISP.

You might want to try ping plotter. It’s free. This shows there is only one hop to Anet which really isn’t possible (I think) unless you live near Seattle and are using the same ISP as Anet. Also ISPs pretty much always give you that as a standard response. Usually it’s not just your ISP but some other provider in the chain that gets you to Anet servers. But in your case I don’t see any chain.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

DoM.8396

When I do a tracert lines 14,15, and 16 drop. I’m assuming thats the cause of the spikes…

Posted by: AngelExtreme.4872

AngelExtreme.4872

Ive searched and read about the lag issue in the forums, is there no response why we are having such spikes? we love to play the game but it aint playable without a reason or why its been like this ever since, past couple weeks it was good not until it came up to this week, its been spiking up hard

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Totally out of Anet’s control its the Internet.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Ellieanna.5027

When I do a tracert lines 14,15, and 16 drop. I’m assuming thats the cause of the spikes…

Can you post it? Those “drops” are 99.99% of the time due to the IPs actually blocking your ping requests to prevent ddos’s. Just run ping plotter and post the picture it gives.

Posted by: Patou.9356

Patou.9356

Hey DoM, I’m from New-Brunswick also and I’m experiencing the same problem, random lag spikes every 30-60 sec. I’m getting rubberbanding issues with movement skill also. I’m not getting kicked out of the game just some random 1-2s delay on skill when the ping spike. It’s been happening for 3-4 days now.

Everyone is saying it’s ISP based, but every ping test, internet speed test etc I’ve done is telling my my connection is fine. The only test I’m getting packet loss is between me and anet, every other test I did i’m getting no packet loss.

The test I did were various ping test on the internet, the cmd ping test, tracert and the gw2 diagnostic test.

Also judging from the test you did I’m pretty sure you are using rogers isp and using a hitron CGN3A model modem/router combo. Some people got some issues with those modem, but they were connection issues with everything internet related, not specific to 1 game.

On a side note I’m getting no lag from other online games I’m playing, everything is running normally. So I think the problem is coming from anet side and the best we can do is wait for a fix.

Andraus.3874

Guys you really need to post a picture of ping plotter test if you really want help. People saying things like “the problem is between me and Anet, I ran all the tests that is what they say” is totally not helpful. Yes it is between you and Anet but WHERE the problem is between you and Anet is the important part. This is the point of ping plotter it shows you where the problem is. Simply saying there’s packet loss is already a given. I can tell you without running any tests you have packet loss. It’s where the packet loss happens that is important.

Also referring to other games does little to help determine your issue. You can’t compare games that are on other servers in other locations. You might be able to play a game whose servers are on the east coast no problem while having issues with a game that is on the west coast.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Ellieanna.5027

Hey DoM, I’m from New-Brunswick also and I’m experiencing the same problem, random lag spikes every 30-60 sec. I’m getting rubberbanding issues with movement skill also. I’m not getting kicked out of the game just some random 1-2s delay on skill when the ping spike. It’s been happening for 3-4 days now.

Everyone is saying it’s ISP based, but every ping test, internet speed test etc I’ve done is telling my my connection is fine. The only test I’m getting packet loss is between me and anet, every other test I did i’m getting no packet loss.

The test I did were various ping test on the internet, the cmd ping test, tracert and the gw2 diagnostic test.

Also judging from the test you did I’m pretty sure you are using rogers isp and using a hitron CGN3A model modem/router combo. Some people got some issues with those modem, but they were connection issues with everything internet related, not specific to 1 game.

On a side note I’m getting no lag from other online games I’m playing, everything is running normally. So I think the problem is coming from anet side and the best we can do is wait for a fix.

Run Ping plotter.

Seriously, EVERYONE needs to run it, and post the picture. Posting a picture of your ping in game does nothing. Posting a picture of ping plotter does.

Because I can easily say it this way: I drive to Store A and hit 0 traffic, thus there is no traffic. You drive to Store B and are stuck in traffic for 40 minutes. Sorry, but you are wrong, because I didn’t hit traffic.

That’s the same with video games. Server A and Server B will have different paths. Server A might have a hop with an issue, while Server B doesn’t. Doesn’t mean Server A is broken since B is working. Just means somewhere along the way there is a traffic jam.

This is why it’s SOOOOOOOOOOO important to run ping plotter and POST THE PICTURE.

Andraus.3874

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Random-Spikes-in-Ping/first#post5976893

This guy posted a ping plotter pic. Could use a second opinion on it

Andraus.3874

https://www.pingplotter.com/mobile.html

Download on your phone or tablet and put in ncsoft.com. Post pic here. Takes less than 2 mins.

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Lots of lag following today’s patch. Was working fine before the patch was downloaded.

Ellieanna.5027

Lots of lag following today’s patch. Was working fine before the patch was downloaded.

https://www.pingplotter.com/mobile.html

Download on your phone or tablet and put in ncsoft.com. Post pic here. Takes less than 2 mins.

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

This is just an update.
Just to recap, my normal ping ranges when there is no lagging involved is around 230-260ms. Despite that there are some packets being lost whenever I do have this lag occuring as shown in the pics. The ping at node 6 is not the issue, that is the normal ping latency I get when there are no spikes in game. It’s the packet loss further down the line I am concerned about. The last pic is what it looks like when I don’t experience the lag spikes.

Attachments:

(edited by DemonSeed.3528)

FlamingFoxx.1305

Is anyone able to explain this to me? I don’t really understand what it’s showing. It looks like there’s a small amount of package loss once it hits NCsoft, however what concerns me are the large gaps with 100% package loss. I assume those shouldn’t be there?

Until recently I hadn’t experienced any ping issues but I now get situations where it’s going up to 1000ms in game which is unplayable (usually it sits around 100-200 which is fine).

Attachments:

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Same issue as last time has returned. OCE, SEA and Western BC having connection issues from what I can tell. I’m not going to post any speed tests. It’ll tell me the same thing as last time. My internet is fine. Somewhere on the way to Anet’s servers it’s dying. Anet says nothing about a fix because it’s the weekend and then the game miraculously is fixed.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Same lag issues up to 4.6K ping in WvW…. unplayable. GG.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Andraus.3874

Same issue as last time has returned. OCE, SEA and Western BC having connection issues from what I can tell. I’m not going to post any speed tests. It’ll tell me the same thing as last time. My internet is fine. Somewhere on the way to Anet’s servers it’s dying. Anet says nothing about a fix because it’s the weekend and then the game miraculously is fixed.

People please read up on how the Internet works. Or responses on the thread here. Your basically saying this….

You have a doctor appointment. There is bad traffic getting to the appointment. Once you’re at the office you have no issues like with wait times or anything. But You tell the doctor he needs to fix the traffic problem. Good luck with that.

Ellieanna.5027

You understand that Anet doesn’t own the whole connection path between you and them right?
So saying somewhere on the way to them is dying. Unless it’s their ISP or their servers, it’s 100% outside of their control. They do not pick the path YOUR connection takes. They do not maintain all of those nodes that YOUR connection passes through.
Unless it’s their ISP or their server, it’s completely outside of their control. The best thing you can do when it’s happening in run a trace route (ping plotter is free and easy to use), and you can even post the picture here. But unless it’s Anet’s ISP or server, they cannot fix it.

And the fact that it’s OCE and Western Canada leads me to believe there is a node down somewhere there that is having some massive issues. Best you can do is contact your ISP with your ping plotter picture so they can contact the owners of the node to be fixed.

Posted by: Riz.8925

Riz.8925

So is anyone gonna post a solution here or just keep telling us to report the issue. I have been lagging hard now for two weeks. All I do is PVP on a thief and it in unplayable. Rubberbanding everywhere. Where the kitten is ANET support in this thread? No reassurances. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and am getting bent over with lag. Someone say something remotely useful. I hate to be a douhe, but I do not see any solutions anywhere. Please message me in-game if you have any solutions or post it on the forums to help those with problems. I attached pingplotter for one match. Although that match was not too bad. I has been horrible the last couple weeks. HELP!

Attachments:

FlamingFoxx.1305

So is anyone gonna post a solution here or just keep telling us to report the issue. I have been lagging hard now for two weeks. All I do is PVP on a thief and it in unplayable. Rubberbanding everywhere. Where the kitten is ANET support in this thread? No reassurances. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and am getting bent over with lag. Someone say something remotely useful. I hate to be a douhe, but I do not see any solutions anywhere. Please message me in-game if you have any solutions or post it on the forums to help those with problems. I attached pingplotter for one match. Although that match was not too bad. I has been horrible the last couple weeks. HELP!

Are you sure it’s a ping issue? your latency in that plotting is consistently below 200 which is decent ping and shouldn’t result in rubberbanding. The only potential issue that I can see (and I don’t really understand all of this that well to be fair), is the 13% packet loss at hop 5. That loss isn’t carried over to the next hop (number 6) suggesting it’s not a big issue and that hop isn’t on Arenanet’s end, so isn’t something they can help you with.
You only have 3% packet loss at Arenanet’s end, which shouldn’t be resulting in rubber banding.

Do you have periods where the latency is fine? Did you make sure to take that plot while you were having rubber-banding/lag problems? And what did your ping read as in game?

Andraus.3874

If you want a direct response from support then you need to open a ticket. But as your plot shows you have some packet loss issues mostly around level 3 which is pretty common. But Anet can’t fix that for you. You have to contact your ISP and get them to put pressure on level 3 to fix that mode or choose a different route for your connection to get to Anet servers. It’s highly unlikely you will get anywhere tho with your ISP as most people you end up talking with won’t have any power to do anything. So instead you get the run around.

Anet support tho will assist you tho if you open a support ticket. Just don’t expect them to be able to fix it for you as this seems outside their control.

Ellieanna.5027

Well, what you posted is showing issues starting at your ISP (the #2 on the page) with a 2% packet loss that is carried throughout your trip. So yeah, you need to talk to your ISP since it starts there. The issue isn’t on Anet’s end at all based on what you submitted.

The main issue: Node 2 is having packet loss (that is your ISP), which is carried throughout your whole trip, and Node 5, which is owned by Level 3. Your ISPs tier 2 tech support has the ability to send a ticket about the issue to them. How fast Level 3 fixes it is up to them.

Anet’s support can’t really post anything and help you because it’s completely outside of their control.