Reported for Lagging

Reported for Lagging

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

Q:

I was recently reported during a pvp match for essentially lagging my brains out. I had 3-5 second skill delay and I’m sure I was rubberbanding all over the place and as a mesmer with traveler runes, it may have looked similar to some of the speed hackers I’ve heard about.

I don’t think this player was in the wrong for reporting something suspicious, but the fact is that I play the game on a little laptop with unstable internet connection and have no idea how to hack or anything related to computer programming in general.

My question: Does ANet have a good way to detect hacking programs versus technical difficulties? Or should I be worried that my account could be banned essentially because I lagged too hard during a pvp match? (sorry to any tech-savvy readers if I’m using any technical terms inappropriately)

Golden shackles are still golden.

Reported for Lagging

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

A:

They won’t ban people based on reports alone. They will investigate before and thus quite easily see if it is a matter of lag or hacking.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Reported for Lagging

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

Thanks! Feeling a little better about that now.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Reported for Lagging

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Also the person that reported you will get a warning about abusing the reporting system. Don’t worry nothing is going to happen to you.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Reported for Lagging

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Also the person that reported you will get a warning about abusing the reporting system. Don’t worry nothing is going to happen to you.

Not necessarily. They will get a warning if they report too many people who aren’t breaking the rules in a quick manner or if they notice a bunch of reports for one person who isn’t breaking the rules (aka: someone got their friends or guild to report as well).

They don’t want people to feel scared to report someone who they think may be breaking the rules.

Reported for Lagging

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Well lag isn’t beaming the rules so if there is someone reporting people for lag then they need a warning.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Reported for Lagging

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well lag isn’t beaming the rules so if there is someone reporting people for lag then they need a warning.

Only if they do it repeatedly.
Reporting someone once for something that turns out to be within the rules will not do anything. If you on the other hand keep reporting the same person for the same thing 10 times action will probably be taken.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square