Request #286152-Missing item. Please fix

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Talzed.4153

Talzed.4153

The details are below, but to make it short and sweet-I found a Vial of Condensed Mists Essence on Sunday. I discovered that I could combine that with other mats to make and ascended backpack.

I made the decision to farm/buy 250 vicious claws(worth 80-90 gold) and completed acquiring them yesterday. I checked my bags, and no vial. I figured that I must have put it in my bank, so I check. No vial. I check each of my toons. No vial.

So I file a ticket for the missing item. Essentially the response below is ‘tough luck’. I am not at all ok with that answer.

It is bad that the item is lost because of some kind of issues with their data base, but I understand that stuff happens-especially during updates. But to say that you aren’t willing to fix your mistakes is completely unacceptable.

Based on the item that your game provided me, I spent a fair bit of time and coin that I am certain you will not compensate me for.

As of tomorrow, I will have been playing for 500 days and my hours played is 1657. I have never requested to have an item replaced before. I state this to emphasize that I am not a new playing or trying to scam something.

I rarely run fractals, but this time when I did I got something nice. I spent a lot of time and coin to do something with the loot. The loot is missing AND you aren’t willing to fix it.

This is not to mention that I have now needed to spend time filling out a ticket, replying to the ticket and taking to the forums to get an acceptable resolution.

Your game philosophy is ‘build it and they will come’. People purchase the game and if they like it they will continue to support it through in game purchases. The philosophy is great, but you are really making me reconsider my options. In case you hadn’t noticed, I am not having fun. In fact I am angry and frustrated. not that the item went missing, but at your refusal to correct the issue you caused.

I really hope that you do the right thing and just replace the item. And for clarification, I tend to believe that Vagrant was following ‘policy’, but quite frankly I don’t care. If your policy is not to fix an issue that clearly you have caused, then the policy need to change.

Any GM/moderator comments would be genuinely appreciated. An apology with the item replacement would be spectacular.

Talzed

Jan 21 22:27

I found a Vial of Condensed Mists Essence during a fractal on Sunday evening EST. I placed the item in my vault and it is now missing. I specifically placed it there for safekeeping and it is simply gone. I have checked all of my toons and it is just not there. I am very frustrated that not only is the item missing, it also means that the time, effort and gold to farm 250 Vicious claws over the past 2 days is wasted because I no longer have a necessary ingredient for the There with Yakkington: A Traveler’s Tale Backpack that I was preparing to craft. I am certain that you can look through the log and find where I found the item. I am equally certain that you can see that I did not use or destroy the item. It is also worth mentioning that no one else has any access to my account, and that as an account bound item, it is untradeable. I appreciate your prompt effort to return the missing item to me promptly.
GM Vagrant (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Jan 22 05:42

Hello Robert,

Thanks for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

We understand you point, but as a general rule we are not able to replace items, and that is true in the case of the item that you have requested.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

GM Vagrant
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There’s a sticky above “Ticket Review (3 days or older)”, that’s where you post you’re ticket number only.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Did you check your materials tab in your bank? Mist essence will automatically be deposited in your materials if you use the deposit collectables option.

Posted by: Talzed.4153

Talzed.4153

A couple of hours after my reply to their response that they weren’t going to do anything AND my post here, it magically reappeared. I will take it.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A couple of hours after my reply to their response that they weren’t going to do anything AND my post here, it magically reappeared. I will take it.

If we reversed a decision, we would tell you. I’m glad you found the item and that all is well.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet