Request for support analysis of ticket

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

Hi folks,

Firstly, support ticket for reference – 130919-001010

Very quickly, I don’t particularly want to discuss specifics in public of this particular support ticket (although I will do if absolutely required) – what I am kindly requesting though please is that you take the overall gist of my support request into consideration and abusive bullying more seriously in future, with a possible view to having such behaviour placed into the realms of being particularly frowned upon and indeed, against the general terms of service signed up too by players using Anet’s services/games.

It is not fair in any way whatsoever, that a minority of abusive bullies can unfairly call out, ostracise and continually abuse completely innocent players within your game and in this case, on one particular server.
So much so that players affected are then forced to transfer to another server (and the costs that go with that) in order to try and continue to enjoy a game they put a lot of effort into and generally, apart from incidents of this nature, get a lot of enjoyment back from the game itself.

I also don’t think your customer support take incidents of this nature seriously enough and the overall impact it can have on those affected and I’d kindly request please that you also consider a review of customer support best practices and show a little more empathy and understanding in any future incidents.

Cheers.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hi,

I noticed your ticket got yesterday’s time stamp. In many cases it happens that you filed a support ticket and only got an automated or nearly automated respons. It often helps to update the existing ticket with your concerns.

Off course can you ask for a review by an arenanet official, and I do think she will take feedback very serious. But it is also expected to put a lil bit of effort in (and again, I can’t judge if you did or not).

anyways. Good Luck

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

ballymun.3986

…But it is also expected to put a lil bit of effort in (and again, I can’t judge if you did or not).

Then please don’t judge and assume I’ve put no effort in as you say O.o

Who are you ?

EDIT: I understand you were just trying to help, however and with greatest respect, can I refer you also to my reply below to Astral, thanks.

(edited by ballymun.3986)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

While this forum is for reviewing tickets, Gaile wants support to have a chance to look at it first. Specifically, not make a ticket and make a thread. She will review tickets that have gone 3 days without a response or the ones where people wish to appeal a decision.

So, unless you are appealing a final decision, you should wait a bit.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

ballymun.3986

^^ Ok Astral I get that thanks, however for me it’s been a couple of days (EU player, timestamps on tickets once made are timestamped hours previous) – however, regardless, the issue within the ticket and in general goes a little deeper. The ticket was also closed after my last reply on same.

I appreciate your input and others in helping general users here but in this case, can I kindly ask please that it’s left to Anet/Gaile to deal with as there are more specifics within the ticket itself that only she will be able to view and which give more depth to my request made here.

Thanks.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yah, if the ticket was closed then you can post here to appeal. Just a heads up though, it’s 7:30AM for her right now and she most commonly posts in the early afternoon.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Yah, if the ticket was closed then you can post here to appeal. Just a heads up though, it’s 7:30AM for her right now and she most commonly posts in the early afternoon.

although she isn’t always working office hours. Last week I haven’t seen her here on Friday, but she apparently decided to do some work on Sunday instead. She is very good at her work, but in the end she is a human being with a private life as well. So it can take a few days.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

ballymun.3986

That’s fine folks, it’s no problem, I’m not looking for urgent help. I’d actually prefer anyway that more time and thought went into the issue in general and if it takes time to do that then so be it.

Thanks for the input though.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

You’ve submitted a ticket and asked for a review in the same day, but I know you’ve already been told this and needn’t hear it again.

What the agent told you in the ticket is accurate: the team can very swiftly address the issues you reported (such as verbal abuse) if you will report it from in the game. We have agents monitoring such reports 24/7/365, and the report/review process is much faster if you’ll use the in-game system.

Saying generic statements in a ticket such as “this morning [somebody did something]” is less easy to research. This morning what time zone? What if that’s another date because of time zones? What server? Are you sure you spelled all names accurately? What was your character name at the time? (Some of these you answered, I’m making general comments here.)

I know you’re unhappy that all the players you reported were not actioned, but according to what you wrote, at least one player was suspended. I’m intrigued that you were able to say “one player was banned for 72 hours.” How do you know that? I don’t see it in the ticket.

As the agent assured you, if they can prove unacceptable behavior, they will take action. Don’t assume that nothing happened just because you’re not told the outcome. And again, if you will avail yourself of the in-game report system, the team will be able to efficiently and quickly remove all offenders in a similar situation.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

ballymun.3986

Hi Gaile, thanks for the reply and yes my apologies in regards not understanding the system here in regards asking on the forums for support until a certain amount of days has passed. For me, in my timezone, it has actually been 3 days at this stage, regardless of the dates shown (I’m in Ireland) but as I said, I actually wasn’t aware of the norms in this regards.

I did report all of them in game at the time but your in game reporting system leaves a lot to be desired as I cannot give any context as to exactly why I am actually reporting someone. Apart from someone using swear words, if I report someone for saying “spy” and your support staff see that, I’m sure they’ll go “what the hell is that report for?”. However, there was and is a bigger picture behind it all, hence I had to make the support ticket to try and explain it and get some help.

It’s also hard to explain and give exact times but I would say that if there is a way for you to see my in game reporting of people tracked against the time I made the support ticket, it happened not long before I made that ticket. Yes I know that’s also not exactly spot on specific in regards exact times either :/

In regards me knowing one player was banned, 2 ways – one, I received more abuse from the person afterwards on TeamSpeak, up to and including telling me to “f off back to Europe” and calling me an “Irish n***** pig” (the N word used as a derogatory term toward black people – I’m actually not black either but regardless, it’s very offensive).
Secondly, the person posted in this support forum complaining they were banned, you replied to them and closed the thread and without naming and shaming the person here (though honestly I’ve no problem doing it but understand it’s usually against all MMO rules to name and shame on forums) you can look at my initial support ticket where I give his account name.number and check against the first page here on these forums to see who I’m talking about.

I still get abuse from people on the server, I can’t even log in to TeamSpeak now and I get abused. All of this, all of it, because someone who understandably cannot fully read/write/understand English because they’re from China, thought my character, who I’d actually only just logged into, was a spy because I had a similar sounding name to someone else who I presume actually was spying.

Another Chinese person, a well respected commander on the server took it upon himself to apologise to me afterwards and said he and some other Chinese commanders explained to the one who started the abuse and calling me a spy, that he was wrong, that he got my name wrong and that I was not a spy.
That was great, lovely chap. However the abuse still continued and still continues via the servers teamspeak from a small minority. As I said in the ticket, there’s nothing Anet can do about TeamSpeak abuse but those I reported in game were and are those that continued the abuse on teamspeak.

As an aside to this, Anet actually should improve the reporting system and give better options along with an ability to even write a line or two of some context.

Anyway, thank you for your time.

ballymun.3986

For what it’s worth mentioning, roughly 20 minutes after I logged in tonight (4am Irish time) and 15 minutes of that 20 being in a WvW queue, I get called a spy in public chat once again from one of the people responsible for the abuse which started the other day.
This time, I whispered the person with contextual information specifically for any ANET support staff as to why I was actually reporting him, then I reported him for abuse in game.

Logged out soon after, couldn’t be bothered…

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

You are welcome. And thank you for the larger context; I understand the situation better now. Honestly, my first reaction, as a player, would be to report and depart. I’d be off that world and probably that TS server as soon as my little timer allowed it, and I suspect that’s what you intend. In the meantime, we as a company will review the reports and although I hope there isn’t a further incident, we will be watchful for it.

About the reporting system. In my ideal world — both as a player and as a dev — a player would be able to tell us a great deal from within the game. But implementing a system that allows a larger amount of input might be — and I speculate here — both difficult and costly in dev resources and perhaps in game operations themselves. I do not know if an expanded system would result in latency issues, but I do think it might overburden the servers, if on a world map a number of people are inputting large ticket-size amounts of text about everything from misbehavior to offensive names to bug reports. (I will ask a programmer and hope they don’t laugh at the silliness of my speculation there.

The good news is that even a brief report gets to the on-the-spot observers, and from what I’ve seen it’s not often that people who engage in offensive behavior or chat get by with it for any extended period, or even for the one time. If someone gets an undeserved and accidental skip after Report A (because, as you suggest, the observer may not be clear on the nature of the issue ) I’m pretty confident that Report B will reveal that they not only offended in that instance, but were also noted for a possible infraction earlier. The agent will review the aggregate reports — not the numbers, but the details (to prevent “report griefing”) — and will take the appropriate action. Sometimes that action comes within minutes. Sometimes is comes even a day or two later. Don’t worry, the agent isn’t mulling over that one report for a couple of days. But as I said, aggregation of data may result in action which, to the offending player, seems entirely random.

So the player writes (or posts on these forums) to say “I have no idea what I did!” Not that I would ever be skeptical ~ahem~ but one might speculate that ninety percent of the time they know full well what they did, chapter and verse. The remaining ten percent may not associate “that really horrible racist thing I said yesterday” with “the infraction that I earned today.” We let them know, uphold the suspension, and carry on. Or, in the rare case of an error, we immediately reinstate and apologize.

I’m glad you got the apology, and I truly hope your experiences improve in the future.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

ballymun.3986

Thanks Gaile. I really appreciate that reply, very in depth and up front/honest.

Yeah I’ll transfer off in 23 hours when the timer is up. I think it is my best option at this stage. Was mulling it over as I will miss the guys in the EU guild I play with on the server a lot but such is life.

Thanks again for taking the time to write such a very decent reply and your understanding.

(edited by ballymun.3986)

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

I do not know if an expanded system would result in latency issues, but I do think it might overburden the servers, if on a world map a number of people are inputting large ticket-size amounts of text about everything from misbehavior to offensive names to bug reports. (I will ask a programmer and hope they don’t laugh at the silliness of my speculation there.

I know in CoH it was basically a variation on the bug report window.

If they’re really worried about that, having it open a partially-filled ticket in the default browser would be good (so say I do something stupid, someone right clicks my name and choose “Detailed Report” or whatever, it’d include Rajani Isa.6294 in a line on the form automatically. Server Time stamp would also be nice)

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Do keep in mind that Anet cannot police the actions of people in teamspeak servers.

Did you report those individuals to the people responsible for maintaining that teamspeak server? Often public teamspeak servers do have their own set of rules and if you are being harassed the operators may take action and ban the accounts responsible (from teamspeak). You can file a complaint in teamspeak by right clicking the user and press make a complaint, then poke an admin at a convenient time.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]