Ridiculous high latency today.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Just did a painful world event (lyssa) where not only I lagged the entire time, reaching unbelievable 20-45 seconds of lag before a skill went through, but also missing the chest in the process.

Yesterday I was able to play just fine, though I didn’t try at this hour (4:30pm CST). Why are your servers so terrible? I can play other games just fine.

I play from south america, a region that also had issues in the past (but according to arenanet, it was every single one of our ISPs, and not on their end).

Fix your cute game, thanks.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s not your ISP and not there ISP but the hop into the US where the lag is. You can always get your current server’s IP address with /IP and then pingplotter it and see if there’s any lag up to the point it get’s lost in NCSOFT’s Austin (assuming you are playing on a NA server). If there is, it’s not ANet. If there isn’t then they are having problems in the server farm.

Remember, the Internet wasn’t designed to be fast (low ping), just that it’ll deliver what’s sent even if that means bouncing the packet around the planet or off a satellite.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes