Right-Click Toggle Options

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

I have joint problems, and some days the hours of holding down the right mouse button takes its toll. The community has asked for an alternative for this since beta and it’s been long enough that I need to accept that mouse-look toggle will never be a thing.

I’m looking into options to allow me to toggle my right-click on and off. I’m curious if anyone else has pursued this before me and found a solution they like. AutoHotKey proved very useful for me during the beta before modifier keys were allowed in key mappings, as well as many other accessibility and convenience needs I’ve had. I intend to experiment with that tonight, though it’s raw power is probably a little sketch as the ToS goes.

Are there any other thoughts?

Posted by: uberlurker.6485

uberlurker.6485

Well the already existing options are all on the dark side.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

In the past using AHK has been discussed to address this lack of an option and many do use it due to medical issues.

In this thread is a comment where a person gives a little script that makes clicking your middle mouse button (clicking the wheel in) act as a right mouse button that is always held down. Then clicking it again (or even actually hitting your right mouse button) causes it to disable. And it only functions within the GW2 program when it is the active window.

I used to use it daily for a while to get around a physical defect issue for right mouse button activation. I’ve since found another way around that issue outlined in that thread.

So you click the MMB in and it is as if you are holding the right mouse button. Then either hit the actual RMB to disengage it or hit the MMB again. It really does help for those with physical issues that limit the ability to continuously hold the right mouse button down for character directing.

You can also define what button you may prefer instead of the middle mouse button. Mostly just need to look at what the program refers to the key you want to use as and replace “MButton” in the script with the designation for the key you want.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Mouse-losing-focus-right-click-to-turn-not-working-Merged/page/7#post1567142

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

Thanks, that sounds exactly like what I want. That’ll save me from needing to experiment on my own.