Right click turning issue again

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Stamper.2174

Stamper.2174

My first few months of playing (beginning of HoT), I had an issue where I couldn’t turn with my right mouse click about 50% of the time. Miraculously, It was fixed the same day of the gun flame nerf back in the day, a few months after the expansion released. It was such a nice fix that the nerf didn’t bother me in the least. I haven’t been playing as much for the past two months, but the problem has reappeared. I’ve tried two different mice from two different companies and still have the same results. Was there a patch recently that has caused anyone else to have the same issue? Any input/suggestions? Thank you.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Disable select targets with right mouse click.

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

It’s not that, at least in my case [mine is disabled]. Also I’ve tested with 4-5 other mouse [and I just bought a logitech g600 recently as well, the other mouse were razer, logitech,microsoft, etc] that still exhibit the problems. Also in my case this seemingly happens mostly when there is lags [for example in wvw, with zergs or the usual lag spikes from servers] which leads to a lot of deaths. Sometimes it just happens randomly out of the blue where right clicking doesn’t “catch” at all. Previously there was a post on reddit about it and a dev posted a response but it was never talked about again whether or not they found out what was causing the problem and whether that person got it fixed. This is one I’d like to see fixed, but I know many don’t have this problem, but it does exist. Polling or dpi issue? Who knows. Let’s get to the bottom of this

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Dirty/greasy mousepad ? Dirty lens ?

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Nope, been there done that, bought new mouse, used other mouse, etc so in my case it isn’t that either

Stamper.2174

Yeah, I tried all of that too. It seems to mostly happen in WvW, even if I’m roaming alone. It’s really strange that the issue disappeared for so long, only to reappear after the most recent patch.

Stamper.2174

Also, it’s not just mouse turning. It affects double-click to move as well, so it’s definitely not a dirty lens or mouse pad.

Stamper.2174

Confirmed. Happens WAAAYYY more in WvW than in other game modes. Borderline unplayable. Please fix or at least address that this is an issue for an unlucky few?