Rollback Requests [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Shadowwaka.1952

Shadowwaka.1952

Dear ArenaNet (and anyone who chooses to read this too),

Recently I’ve found my account was compromised. Thanks to a friend of mine I was able to find a place to report this. There I was able to send a rollback request, and while the request went through very fast (great support team) the rollback I was given was all the way back in February (February 28th). This was quite a while ago, and since then I have earned many rewards and achievements, some of which were temporary content which I can not receive again. It seemed odd to me that the most recent restore was so far back (4 months) since so much could have been done in that time. I just wanted to clarify if this is the most recent account image of mine. I know the policy is only to do this once, but I feel I the need ask just to make sure I’ve gotten all I could back.

Thanks to guild log checks by my friend, I’ve been able to see when my activity started to become fishy (1am today – 6/29), so anything before then but around that week (I know for sure I was on the 28th, I think around or before noon) could be applied it would be much appreciated.

(Support Ticket Number: 130629-001763)

Again, many thanks,
Shadowwaka

Posted by: gassy.8975

gassy.8975

Update your ticket and ask if that’s the latest restoration they can give you.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Dear ArenaNet (and anyone who chooses to read this too),

Recently I’ve found my account was compromised. Thanks to a friend of mine I was able to find a place to report this. There I was able to send a rollback request, and while the request went through very fast (great support team) the rollback I was given was all the way back in February (February 28th). This was quite a while ago, and since then I have earned many rewards and achievements, some of which were temporary content which I can not receive again. It seemed odd to me that the most recent restore was so far back (4 months) since so much could have been done in that time. I just wanted to clarify if this is the most recent account image of mine. I know the policy is only to do this once, but I feel I the need ask just to make sure I’ve gotten all I could back.

Thanks to guild log checks by my friend, I’ve been able to see when my activity started to become fishy (1am today – 6/29), so anything before then but around that week (I know for sure I was on the 28th, I think around or before noon) could be applied it would be much appreciated.

(Support Ticket Number: 130629-001763)

Again, many thanks,
Shadowwaka

Add this info to your ticket, please, and the team will research the possibility of an account restoration.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Shadowwaka.1952

Shadowwaka.1952

Ok, I will. Thanks for the speedy response (and sorry for the late one from me).

Posted by: Holmes.3210

Holmes.3210

Dear ArenaNet

I couldn’t log onto my ArenaNet account, and I did a recovery etc, and I logged on and I was actually hacked. He took all my expensive stuff, which I have worked on since day 1 and now I just don’t have the effort to get back because I spent so much. I recently bought gems on the account and to also find that they had actually gone as well. The hacker must have done it while I was sleeping because I went off quite early for me, around 1:00am today (UK Time). I removed their IP’s from the account management section, but I don’t understand how they got my email and password etc, so I’ve been worrying.

I feel like I have just lost everything I have earned and this a rollback even just to 3 days ago I would so, so much appreciated.

2 of my main characters were completely wiped: Retep Semloh and Bongit

Thankyou,
Holmes

(edited by Holmes.3210)

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

In order for the team to check everything and get a rollback, you will have to submit a ticket with support.
This is not something the |forum can handle.

Look here: https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9212/kw/hacked

While they work stuff out for you, make sure your email and GW2 account are protected.