Ryzen 5 1600 Performance.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: MoZing.1594

MoZing.1594

I know that Intel CPU’s have higher single core performance and thats what you should play GW2 with, but I booted GW2 up on my new rig which has a Ryzen 5 1600, RX 480 8GB with 8GB ddr4 2400mhz ram and it doesn’t seem to run this game any better than my laptop which has an i7 4702HQ and a gtx 870m 3gb with 8gb ddr3. Any techies here think that sounds about right or is something wrong?

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

How do your other games play compared to your laptop ?

MoZing.1594

Immensely superior, GW2 is literally the only game that still runs poorly. I’m maxing out everything else at 60fps.

Caedmon.6798

Then honestly i wouldn’t worry about it and just blame it on guild wars 2 engine.I assume gw2 was a fresh install to rule out corrupted files or anything ?

Can u show me a screenshot of your ingame graphics settings in gw2 ? There are some settings you never want to max out no matter what cpu you own.

MoZing.1594

I copied my install from my other computer. I’ve attached my in game settings.

Attachments:

MoZing.1594

And here is my rig specs under load.

Attachments:

Posted by: Profeus.9034

Profeus.9034

After last update 5/2/2017 i got a hight RAM consume like u…

Anyone more?!

MoZing.1594

After last update 5/2/2017 i got a hight RAM consume like u…

Anyone more?!

wa… wat?

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

That’s really bad fps; even an i3 would do better. Something is up.

Can you try “Windowed Mode— Full Screen”?
On Windows 10, disable the game bar as that has been known to cause trouble: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3091550/turn-game-bar-windows.html

Also make sure you didn’t put your graphics card in an x1 slot. (Though the rest of your games work, that’s highly unlikely)
EDIT: Also, do you always have MSI afterburner on?

Also this tool can provide good info: http://openhardwaremonitor.org/
Or can use MSI’s overlay.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Caedmon.6798

Here may be your problem,i’d suggest to do a clean reinstall of gw2.

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Never copy files from one disk to another. Delete any track of the existing client and download normally.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Never copy files from one disk to another. Delete any track of the existing client and download normally.

Copying the gw2 install around is fine, especially if people have slow internet. Double especially if you just start the install then copy the gw2.dat over.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Something is wrong. I’m using the Ryzen 1800x and Fury x @ 2560 × 1080 with the fov bar maxed.

In that same situation I’m getting around 80fps+++. The 1600 performance shouldn’t be that far off and you are running at a much lower resolution. Something is definitely wrong. But I don’t know what it could be. Did you do a fresh install of windows?

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I’m reaching but… what about a BIOS flash? Ryzen is pretty new so I’m wondering if you MOBO needs a kicking. First check with more tech savvy folk than me though.

Also re-seat any cards you might have, Run a -repair. Do the stuff suggested above.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Caedmon.6798

I’m reaching but… what about a BIOS flash? Ryzen is pretty new so I’m wondering if you MOBO needs a kicking. First check with more tech savvy folk than me though.

Also re-seat any cards you might have, Run a -repair. Do the stuff suggested above.

His other games worked fine so i doubt that.he said he copied his gw client from his laptop to his new pc..I think thats the issue.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

His other games worked fine so i doubt that.he said he copied his gw client from his laptop to his new pc..I think thats the issue.

I’d assume that didn’t bring over local.dat, and required a reconfiguration of the graphics settings, so … it really, really shouldn’t. Which isn’t to say that it is impossible, just unlikely.

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

Unless a corruption occurs, copying the client is perfectly fine and is not bound to cause any performance loss.

I’ve been dragging the same GW2 client across 3 systems since the game has been released and I gained better performance since each build is stronger. The last one is a Ryzen 1700X and while it didn’t increase the frames over my old i5-4590, I am noticing much less fps loss in large battles.

MoZing.1594

Copying the client seemed to be the issue, although I expected a bigger performance boost than what I had it is still better than my old rig and not as bad as it was on the copied client.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

8GB ddr4 2400mhz ram

why are you gimping ryzen with low speed ram?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5zr8lv/i_asked_amd_a_followup_question_about_infinity/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Amd

The Infinity Fabric connects CCX to uncore devices such as memory controllers, PCIe, SATA, USB etc. It is a 256 bi directional crossbar and runs at the speed of the memory controller ( ie when using 2133 Mhz memory, the memory controller clock speed of 1066Mhz is the clock speed of the frabric. Using faster memory increases fabric speed )

(edited by loseridoit.2756)

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

after looking at your 2 screen shots you posted . well i can see some of your problems but not sure on some others as not enough info to go on . first off are you playing on the desk top or is this the laptop?? second if this is on the desktop you are using WI-FI to use instead of cate6 cable to play on ?? third have you looked at your windows firewall as of late ?? fourth what apps have you got open when playing the game ? do you have your fire wall set to low ?? also look at your windows firewall log and see how many steam items are listed and going in and out . in your pic i marked the things wrong i found with your current settings and so forth i see wrong in your ss screen shot you posted and marked them

Nothing in this post makes any sense at all when it comes to the topic at hand.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

another thing too as well if you look at this i am posting and check your task manger and see if its set to the same thing . if so then you need to change it every time you play guild wars2 to high . thus the comp puts all the power to that instead of running the game on low settings all the time as it,s playing . and make sure you got no other apps open at the same time your playing that you do not need at all . that will give you a lot of problems as well too

You should not set priority to high, so ignore this as well.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

I have a 1600X, 16G DDR 2400, RX 470 4G and I get 60FPS stable, 25+ in zerg situations. My settings are completely maxed out.

A few questions:
1) if you run GPUZ what link speed does your GPU show? – should be PCIe 3.0 x16 / PCIe 3.0 x16

2) I see you are using the 17.4 drivers. Best suggest I have – remove them and go back to the 16.11.2-5 drivers. Go to your Device Manager and use Update Driver, My PC, and point to the 17.10 AMD driver folder (usually under C:\AMD) and manually install the missing chipset drivers. I had to do this and it runs much smoother now.

3) Which Motherboard are you using and have you updated its BIOS?

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Aza.2105

8GB ddr4 2400mhz ram

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5zr8lv/i_asked_amd_a_followup_question_about_infinity/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Amd

The Infinity Fabric connects CCX to uncore devices such as memory controllers, PCIe, SATA, USB etc. It is a 256 bi directional crossbar and runs at the speed of the memory controller ( ie when using 2133 Mhz memory, the memory controller clock speed of 1066Mhz is the clock speed of the frabric. Using faster memory increases fabric speed )

That only applies for certain games. It doesn’t really make a difference with gw2. I’ve tried at 2133mhz, 2666, 3000 and 3200. There was no performance difference really. While its true that Ryzen does like faster memory for some games there won’t be a noticeable difference. In addition to that, you probably won’t see 3200mhz ram on Ryzen too often until AMD releases the AGESA this May. Right now, its hard for most people to actually hit 3200mhz.

Windows 10

loseridoit.2756

8GB ddr4 2400mhz ram

That only applies for certain games. It doesn’t really make a difference with gw2. I’ve tried at 2133mhz, 2666, 3000 and 3200. There was no performance difference really. While its true that Ryzen does like faster memory for some games there won’t be a noticeable difference. In addition to that, you probably won’t see 3200mhz ram on Ryzen too often until AMD releases the AGESA this May. Right now, its hard for most people to actually hit 3200mhz.

having faster memory/cpu improves minimum fps.

I dont care about average fps because many instances maybe gpu bottleneck.

Unless you are providing, .1% or 1% lowest frames. I cannot take your anecdote with any grain of salt.

Either way, I wish there was a better discussion about cpu benchmarking.

So far, I wonder how many people understand cpu usage

http://www.brendangregg.com/blog/2017-05-09/cpu-utilization-is-wrong.html

Aza.2105

8GB ddr4 2400mhz ram

Unless you are providing, .1% or 1% lowest frames. I cannot take your anecdote with any grain of salt.

Maybe you should test it yourself with your Ryzen and AM4 platform.

Windows 10

loseridoit.2756

8GB ddr4 2400mhz ram

Maybe you should test it yourself with your Ryzen and AM4 platform.

dont have one. I am planning on buying a zen core apu for other reasons. I might test it then.

MoZing.1594

8GB ddr4 2400mhz ram

Because it’s my computer, not yours. Pretty simple answer.

loseridoit.2756

8GB ddr4 2400mhz ram

Hey, I am asking because you cannot have it both ways. If you want optimal performance, you have to buy optimal hardware.

Edit: the performance might be too low, there might be another issue with your computer.

OP, did you add a custom ryzen power management scheme. Ryzen is known to have a pretty complicated power management that Windows does not understand

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/248414-amd-updates-ryzens-windows-power-plan-boosts-performance-new-chipset-driver

Aza.2105

8GB ddr4 2400mhz ram

Hey, I am asking because you cannot have it both ways. If you want optimal performance, you have to buy optimal hardware.

Edit: the performance might be too low, there might be another issue with your computer.

OP, did you add a custom ryzen power management scheme. Ryzen is known to have a pretty complicated power management that Windows does not understand

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/248414-amd-updates-ryzens-windows-power-plan-boosts-performance-new-chipset-driver

Its not the power management settings. I was running my 1800x before AMD did their little custom power settings and it ran the same as it did with the settings. He should check to see if all of his cores are enabled in msconfig. Go to run, then type msconfig then click advanced options and make sure the number of processor box is unchecked. Apparently some people were experience a bug were the box was checked when they upgraded to Ryzen.

Windows 10