SEA area got lagging issue, few days now

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: niat.8532

niat.8532

It started from few days agos.

I afraid it was temperary issue but I seen not.

As the ping normally is 200-250 in my area.

Now the ping is unstable from about 350-800, (the delay killed the fun), it effect the map chat, guild chat, and delay in game. I cannot be sure to jump over the TEQ wave as normal.

I asking to some other SEA player in game, they are facing the same problem.

Please do the checking for your server connection, I am a player in Blackgate, live in SEA area.

Hope this issue can be solve as soon as possible, it really not a good feeling espacially when people planning to join the WvW.

Please help, thank you.

PS, here provide some inforfmation here may help.
this few days:
1. I didn’t move to other country,
2.I didn’t change new modem/router
3.I didn’t change setting.
4. I didn’t change internet service

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

niat.8532

Thank for answering my topic.

As I know, my internet connection shouldn’t effect other players who live in other country.

Let’s look at other player’s issues:

http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=16901&snA=26607&tnum=1

Summary(for the people who don’t understand Chinese):
This post by a taiwan player asking the lagging, ping from below 200 , now over 3XX and unstable. (If you understand Chinese then you know I am telling the truth)
==============

http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=16901&snA=26583&tnum=2

Summary(for the people who don’t understand Chinese):
This also asking about lagging issues, and other reply telling that , not only Taiwan, Hongkong, Malaysia facing same issue.
(If you understand Chinese then you know I am telling the truth)
==============

I am in Malaysia.

I believe it is not my person connection problem.

Any help?

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Call your ISP. If it’s not your personal connection, it’s a node between you and Anet, which is still outside of their control. Run Ping plotter to the IP you are getting the high ping on, and save it so you can show your ISP where the issue is, and hope they will contact the company with the problem.

And to anyone who thinks it’s just Anet passing off on it. They can’t contact their ISP every time a player has a node issue, who then will contact the person. The ISP needs information about when it happens, if the person hits that node a lot, time of day, ETC. Anet can’t talk on a players behalf about it. The player needs to deal with it. Otherwise it will never get fixed, and eventually other things will start to hit that node and have issues.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Sniper.4501

Sniper.4501

i am sea player . i also have the same problem .
As the ping normally is 240 – 280 in my area.
Now the ping is unstable from about 320 – 350 , It started from few days ago .
i have try other Us game but not have this problem . just GW2 have this problem.

Andraus.3874

It’s likely level 3 in Texas having issues. There were issues with this last month too. It’s not Anet. Run ping plotter to find out. Read my link posted above.

niat.8532

It’s likely level 3 in Texas having issues. There were issues with this last month too. It’s not Anet. Run ping plotter to find out. Read my link posted above.

Have a look Sniper.4501’s post, it clearly have to ask Anet checking.

As he/she said it is not all US game lagging, but only Guildwar2.

It don’t look like our ISP problem, can Anet do some server side checking?

As I know that is many reason cause lagging and need to check.

I believe as a player, we had do our part.
inform ISP, check our connction , inform game company

Please remenber, players are not IT technical.

In fact, a [company to ISP contact] is much more effective than
[one internet user call ISP hotline complain about game lagging]

I think it is common sense which I should not need to explain.

What could player provide to their ISP?

Game server ip?
Game map ip?
Server registry date?
Server registry name?
Who is the person in charge for the server?
Connection port setting?
Client side and server side connection protocol?
etc……

Who got all of this kind of document?
Of course not the normal game player, ever GM may not have the right to know all of this information depend on the company rules.

Normally, only the IT department or server provider got the information, and for security reason, they should not show to outsider.

If you asking player to solve an big area connection issue happen to one OMM company server issue with their ISP themself, please provide full information about server setting and other information needed, and an autherithen letter/email , to allow 3 party for using document/info , and proof that all such documents is not stolen from company, all legal to use.

So,m which is easier?

1. Asking server provider/ IT team to check and adjust their connection setting,
They might make few contact(call or email) with ISP if necessary

Or

2.Collect and provide all of the document above which should under security policy to a person who you don’t even know the truth name, and ask the person to solve game server connection problem?

We both hoping the problem be solved.

I believe we already show the problem is not on client side, this should be SEA area problem, it is not personal issue.

Please do something, thank you.

(edited by niat.8532)

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Call your ISP. If it’s not your personal connection, it’s a node between you and Anet, which is still outside of their control. Run Ping plotter to the IP you are getting the high ping on, and save it so you can show your ISP where the issue is, and hope they will contact the company with the problem.

And to anyone who thinks it’s just Anet passing off on it. They can’t contact their ISP every time a player has a node issue, who then will contact the person. The ISP needs information about when it happens, if the person hits that node a lot, time of day, ETC. Anet can’t talk on a players behalf about it. The player needs to deal with it. Otherwise it will never get fixed, and eventually other things will start to hit that node and have issues.

I would ask you read my post again. Anet can’t “check their side” because their need your IP address and run it from your house to their server, and they need to see the issue. Which is impossible for them to check every single person’s issue with the game.

So please re-read what I wrote and do it.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Andraus.3874

Only GW2 is lagging because the only node issue you are having is along the route to Gw2 servers. This is not Anets problem.

I explained all this in the thread I linked. Your understanding of how the internet works is incorrect.

Posted by: Twiceasnice.7961

Twiceasnice.7961

For what it’s worth, GW2 was completely unplayable due to lag for the longest time – essentially forcing me to quit the game. Took me FOREVER to find out what the cause was (it wasn’t Anet or my ISP)..

In the end, (and this is dumb), but I found the cause to be having Blizzard’s Battle.net launcher open in my system’s background. As soon as I closed it ended the background processes associated with it… lag gone

Thought it worth mentioning as it caused me to stop playing the game for over a year before I managed to figure out the cause, so I guess look at any common programs you guys could have in the background that could conflict with GW2

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

For what it’s worth, GW2 was completely unplayable due to lag for the longest time – essentially forcing me to quit the game. Took me FOREVER to find out what the cause was (it wasn’t Anet or my ISP)..

In the end, (and this is dumb), but I found the cause to be having Blizzard’s Battle.net launcher open in my system’s background. As soon as I closed it ended the background processes associated with it… lag gone

Thought it worth mentioning as it caused me to stop playing the game for over a year before I managed to figure out the cause, so I guess look at any common programs you guys could have in the background that could conflict with GW2

Can it be Comcast? i have xfinity and i am experience the same problem, My pingtest.net rating is B, still that doesnt stop me from lagging in game.

niat.8532

It is great to hear you solve your lagging inssue.

I believe we also doing our own checking for connection.

This is first time I hear about Blizard battle.net cause lagging, since I am not using it.

But when this delay issue appear, the first things for me to do is close any other softwares which might using internet, try to make the lagging issue better.

no download software, garena, steam, etc will close untill no other software using internet beside guildwar , only open teamspeak when group event, only left browser.

Thank for all of the reply and provide checking clue, although sometime we might have different view or disagree.

niat.8532

Update 10-May-2016:

I found that normal ping (about 2XX, more stable) came back today when login to the game.

Hope that other players in SEA area also solve the lagging issue.

Meet you in game, cheer

Thank you for taking the action.

(edited by niat.8532)

niat.8532

Sorry, the problem appeared again.

This is the PingPlotter checking picture for three different game map.

http://i.imgur.com/Fl9AhGi.png

http://i.imgur.com/G1q7QBN.png

http://i.imgur.com/WixOlVL.png

Hope this will help to identify the problem side.

Thank you.