Same FPS on lowest and highest settings.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dibbelocher.2318

Dibbelocher.2318

Hey Forum,

today, when I was walking around in Verdant Brink, I realized that I have about 50 fps on both “Best Appearance” and “Best Performance”. Could this be a CPU issue? I have been frying my CPU at 100 celcius degrees for about 3 years without realizing it. Then I put a proper fan on it. Could it be that my CPU is damaged?
I have an Intel Core i7 2600k and a gtx670.

Thanks in advance,

-Dib

Call me Dib.

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

I dont know if this got any relation to my current issue that making my game unplayable at moment. My fps has crashed to a mere 12 fps standing still and doesnt alter on best performance or best appearance nothing i do or change setting wise will change it like i locked in a fps limiter on the client. You lucky your stuck at 50 fps at least. My computer top of the range and only 4 months old and before lunar new year update was hitting a consistant 30 – 60 fps.

Death Good

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

More than likely Anet’s badly optimized game, I have seen countless threads from people with powerful gaming rigs that get bad fps too.

Also I think the HoT maps are causing issues, I get crappy fps drops there and when I press ‘m’ to open the map it lags. In central tyria it runs fine.

Posted by: Dibbelocher.2318

Dibbelocher.2318

Yes I would say it’s mainly Verdant Brink, LA and boss fights like Dragon’s Stand.

Call me Dib.

Posted by: Shiroki.8637

Shiroki.8637

But I don’t understand why they don’t repair this. I’m preety sure that they could do something with that. They only repair bugs and on GW2 Wiki I’ve never seen any word about any optimization.

Posted by: nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

This game deserves a new renderer. This must be prioritised. Either this or this game will not be good for much longer. It disgusts me how this game works sometimes even tho I love the fighting mechanic and the story isn’t all that bad either.
Please put effort into a new renderer if you don’t do that already behind the scenes.
And use vulkan for that please. The documentation was released.

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Make sure the gpu is working at x16

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Can you download and run GPU-Z while the game is running, and post the picture (the first tab please). You can also run CPU-Z too if you think it’s a CPU Issue.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Nightmare.1234

[img]http://i.imgur.com/jyjMCcs.jpg[/img]

here what mine looks like but it all looks normal to me

this must be a wide spread issue a lot of people are posting about massive ping spikes and really low fps. starting think it at Anets end server/client side

Death Good

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

this must be a wide spread issue a lot of people are posting about massive ping spikes and really low fps. starting think it at Anets end server/client side

Well your issue is the cpu speed. That fx 6300 at only 2GHz is not normal. It should be working at 3.5-4.1GHz.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Your processor is your bottleneck. It’s nothing related to Anet or their client. Your processor is your issue.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Nightmare.1234

thanks Ellieanna for pointing that out, I decided to investigate my bios and it was the Cool and quite mode that was limiting my processor power. it must of been some feature that got turned on by something or added in an update. I working at full power now and my fps gone back to 60fps average.

having the mode disable don’t know if it will lower my processors lifespan but it not functioning how it meant to when enabled as the mode should optimize itself for games but must of stopped detecting guild wars when it running.

Death Good