Same bad server hop all the time

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

Hello, 95% of the time my game runs perfectly. But occasionally I I get lag, delay, DC and such for short periods of time. And its all caused by the same server :/

62.115.43.74 (ncsoft-ic-306349-ffm-b11.c.telia.net)

This server tends to get MASSIVE PACKET LOSS problems. On Wednesday around 19:00 GMT it had a 30%-45% PL that lasted for about 40 minutes and made the game completely unplayable. And today at 10:00 GMT it started having 75%-90% PL and I couldn’t even log in into the game (and the problem is still lasting, although the of PL % decreased).

I’ve been testing my connection with the NCSoft’s Pingplotter and I have 0% packet loss until this hop.

Please fix it :/

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I’m experiencing exact the same problems on both of my accounts. It takes almost a 1 second until skills are used in spvp or wvw. Playing on Drakkar Lake (DE) and Jade Quarry (US)

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

Posted by: Zohane.7208

Zohane.7208

I have the same issue on that server hop. However, when I opened a support ticket for it, it was kindly pointed out to me that this server belongs to, and is operated by, the ISP Telia so if you want this issue fixed, you need to open a support ticket to Telia or to your local ISP. Anet has no control over this server (or the others that may operate in its place).

Gunnar’s Hold
Guild Leader for Tyria Liberation Council [TLC]

MARKONINI.4153

It was kindly pointed out to me that this server belongs to, and is operated by, the ISP Telia so if you want this issue fixed, you need to open a support ticket to Telia or to your local ISP.

So basically … the final server that leads to NCSoft servers (and even has NCSoft in its name) is working bad but that is not NCSoft/Anet problem ? :/

That is … amazing -.-

Posted by: Zohane.7208

Zohane.7208

It was kindly pointed out to me that this server belongs to, and is operated by, the ISP Telia so if you want this issue fixed, you need to open a support ticket to Telia or to your local ISP.

So basically … the final server that leads to NCSoft servers (and even has NCSoft in its name) is working bad but that is not NCSoft/Anet problem ? :/

That is … amazing -.-

Here’s a couple of quotes from the replies I got from Anet support, which may be helpful:

Hello xxxxx.

The report you provided confirms the suspicions you had, yes. However, those servers even though they have the name NCSOFT are not under our control. We have literally zero control over how the data is routed from your ISP to our server. Think of us like a supermarket here xxxxx. We open our doors and wait for people to come in and shop. Your issue would be like if there was a traffic jam or accident on the only road leading to our store. Will that affect the amount of people that can drive to our store and come in and shop? Yes, absolutely. Is there anything we can do to resolve that issue? No, not really. All we can do is contact the people or departments responsible for the issue, which we have done. Beyond that, all we can do is wait like yourself until those parties decide to fix the issue.

To be honest I can’t tell you exactly why the Telia networks servers would contain “NCSOFT” in the name as they are not ours and more simply the hand-off server to ours. This is information I believe only our network engineering team would be privy to and so unfortunately I don’t have that information to provide.

So basically it’s Telia who use these servers to communicate with NCSOFT corporate network, and from that standpoint it’s pretty reasonable that Anet/NCSOFT really don’t have any way to fix the problem.

Do I wish Anet could/would talk to Telia? Sure, but I understand if it’s not in their power to do something about it.

Gunnar’s Hold
Guild Leader for Tyria Liberation Council [TLC]

MARKONINI.4153

Do I wish Anet could/would talk to Telia? Sure, but I understand if it’s not in their power to do something about it.

Well yeah. If I order a porcelain vase and UPS breaks it in the transport progress then you can’t really hold the porcelain company responsible for not getting what you were supposed to. I understand that …

Its just that I’m very annoyed about the fact that this a problem that has been repeating itself for quite a few times now (at least 3 times in the past 2 weeks – that I’ve noticed).

I mean … from where I live (Belgrade, Serbia) it takes 13 hops to reach the game server.
5 of which are from Telia. And its always the exact same one (the one that has NCSoft in its name) that is making the packet loss. All the other ones are working great.

But yeah, I also wish if Anet’s network engineering team could have a serious talk with who ever is handling this server of doom (62.115.43.74) >.<