Whats going on, just wondering?

Server|Fort Aspenwood
Guild|Players Killing Players[PVP]
IGN|Sammy Eli

Scarlet hit the servers or what?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nightsorrow.7836

Nightsorrow.7836

omg…. same problem here. Either I get disconnected in 10 seconds after loading in, or I can’t even log in.

Posted by: boxerek.7864

boxerek.7864

same here but on now.
edit: disconnected again

(edited by boxerek.7864)

Posted by: whatsername.4128

whatsername.4128

I’ve gotten back on three times now and kicked within five minutes after massive lag every single time. Would really love to hear what’s up.

Tarnished Coast – [NeX] [SASS]
Avalise [Sylvari Thief]

Posted by: herooftime.2480

herooftime.2480

anet is being under a ddos attack

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

experiencing the same problem as well, may be a routing issue some where?

Nightsorrow.7836

Not another Scarlet trick

Posted by: Iggy.8195

Iggy.8195

I’m on US server and it has been crashing and DC’ing me the last 20 or so minutes. I manage to log back on to be dumped again within a minute. I’ve had to give up playing and go do some chores

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Got dc-ed and now can’t log in again.. if I do manage to log in and click Play nothing happens, I get stuck at the character selection screen. And then I get dc-ed again.

Posted by: Silk.8302

Silk.8302

got in for a bit, but again DC!

Server|Fort Aspenwood
IGN|Sammy Eli

Posted by: Infinite Cycles.8542

Infinite Cycles.8542

It’s very difficult to craft right now. This is not good. Everyone in map chat is repeatedly getting disconnected. I assume the GW2 servers are under attack, and some attacks can be very hard to block. It’s the Server end, not the client end. Don’t trouble shoot your home network or computer.

Posted by: Wraithen.6059

Wraithen.6059

The “DDOS attack” is probably everyone trying to log back in…

Posted by: Sely.3476

Sely.3476

I haven’t been able to login at all. Says I need to authenticate, do that and still can’t log in….wait I may get in! But for how long.

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

The “DDOS attack” is probably everyone trying to log back in…

No, a DDOS group called kitten Trolling that was active in early January just started up again a couple of days ago… they were posting comments on their twitter just as the servers went down but have since deleted them.

Without a doubt it’s them. It’s not just GW2, all NCsoft related games went down (GW1, Aion, Wildstar, etc)

(apparently I can’t spell their whole name here since it’s a “swear” word although it really isn;t…)

Kurr.4179

so a ddos, ok but where can we see the server status?

Is it really a ddos when all the american servers are listed as veryhigh in population if not full. ARENANET SHOULD GET MORE SERVERS.

It has nothing to do with the ANet servers. These people have taken down every major game recently. League of Legends, Blizzard Games, etc etc.

They also took down a lot of other things including security companies. ANet can’t be blamed at all for this. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

Greyhound.2058

I’m back in again now, you might want to give it another try

Greyhound.2058

Ok I spoke too soon sigh

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I’m having issues too. Couldn’t even respawn after I was lagged to death.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: whatsername.4128

whatsername.4128

I got back in again for about a good 15 minutes only to have my party member disconnect and then myself follow a few minutes later.

I’ve been using this site (http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/guild_wars_2) to check on the server status and all the US servers have been flipping between off and online and having really high pings.

And to second what Kurr said, I saw the same comments made on their twitter and the time coincided with this bout of crashing so I wouldn’t be shocked it that’s actually what it is.

Tarnished Coast – [NeX] [SASS]
Avalise [Sylvari Thief]

Posted by: Katoomba.6905

Katoomba.6905

Same problem. Could not get in for half hour and even reset my password. I gave it one more try and actually got logged in. Played for 10 minutes and was lagged to death. After that ‘lost connection to server’.

Tried again over and over to get back in but no luck.

Greyhound.2058

Missed SB, now I’m gonna miss Maw…

Kurr.4179

You make it sound as if that is your main concern, or that anyone else DIDN’T miss them. You didn’t miss these events so much as that no one can actually play for real right now.

Nightsorrow.7836

Well, everyone’s missing everything, I suppose.

Posted by: Katoomba.6905

Katoomba.6905

What I am wondering most of all is that we have not gotten an official announcement, which would be the decent thing for them to do and then try and fix it.

Kurr.4179

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2

They post every few minutes.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

https://twitter.com/guildwars2

“We’re experiencing some technical problems right now and are looking into it. Sorry for the disconnect and login problems!”

“We’re continuing to investigate the cause of the current connection issues, please bear with us while the teams are working on it”

I hate Twitter, but it seems to be the only place to find out from them what is going on.
Forums should be separate from the game servers so if the game is having issues then the forums can still be accessed and notices posted on the main forum page.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Greyhound.2058

You make it sound as if that is your main concern, or that anyone else DIDN’T miss them. You didn’t miss these events so much as that no one can actually play for real right now.

I was joking around Just killing time..

We can play I Spy if you prefer…

Posted by: Sneaky Sneaky.2978

Sneaky Sneaky.2978

Tripod Waverider – [FUNK] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

We’re aware of the connection issues and are working as we speak to restore services. Thanks a lot for your patience and understanding!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Servers are all online and seem stable. No word on their twitter yet if the attacks have passed, but word elsewhere online seems to be that it has ended. Going to attempt to log in.

edit
Login successful. Forums running normal and up to speed. Seems clear to hop on again.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

“We’re experiencing some technical problems right now and are looking into it. Sorry for the disconnect and login problems!”

“We’re continuing to investigate the cause of the current connection issues, please bear with us while the teams are working on it”

I hate Twitter, but it seems to be the only place to find out from them what is going on.
Forums should be separate from the game servers so if the game is having issues then the forums can still be accessed and notices posted on the main forum page.

gw1 was/is have problems too so probably wouldn’t matter

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Unplayable. Scarlet owes me the rewards from AC1 ! cant even log in. Maybe try another day

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: rubyhatchet.9483

rubyhatchet.9483

Was able to play for about fifteen minutes but then lag hit hard again. Will try tomorrow. Good luck, anet.

Posted by: Zoltan.3015

Zoltan.3015

Was able to play for about fifteen minutes but then lag hit hard again. Will try tomorrow. Good luck, anet.

Yeah me too.

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Still rubber banding all over the place. Unfortunately in WvW some servers are pressing attacks and taking out fully upgraded towers and keeps due to the inability to defend.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Posted by: Barefootnate.3506

Barefootnate.3506

Not the slightest idea of who/what Scarlet is,
or why I would be directed here of all topics…

But, I also have been trying to log in for an hour now with no luck.
Please keep us updated.

Posted by: Zoltan.3015

Zoltan.3015

They keep their twitter page updated on these issues every few minutes

edit:

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

I have been disconnected 7 times in the past 30 mins, but it seems like I’m the only one going through this with the group I’m running with on Maguuma. I give up. Hope this is fixed tomorrow.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

edit:

Really silly that we have to rely on external sources for this stuff. How hard would it be to put the updates in this thread?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Itukaaj.5628

Itukaaj.5628

Servers are all online and seem stable. No word on their twitter yet if the attacks have passed, but word elsewhere online seems to be that it has ended. Going to attempt to log in.

edit
Login successful. Forums running normal and up to speed. Seems clear to hop on again.

No, still problems

Ayjay Reckless-necro
YOHO (A Pirates Life for Me)

Posted by: MesmeForever.3612

MesmeForever.3612

Not the slightest idea of who/what Scarlet is,
or why I would be directed here of all topics…

But, I also have been trying to log in for an hour now with no luck.
Please keep us updated.

Is this your first attempt at logging in in the last 3 months? Scarlet’s been a big deal in the game for awhile. Even if you don’t take part in personal story, you ignore your in-game mail, and only play pvp…well, including the pvp part I guess it’s possible you’d never hear of her, but kitten the game would get old fast if that’s the only part of it you ever played.

Posted by: Simply Nooby.6294

Simply Nooby.6294

Blackgate just got taken out. Again.

Kurr.4179

From the reddit thread :

“A major ISP called Level3 suffered a large DDoS around 2/12/14 1:30:01 AM GMT or 8:30PM EST. The outage was mitigated by Level3 around 2/12/14 4:01:32 AM GMT or 11:01PM EST. This is most likely your issue as Level3 is one of the ISPs used by ANet for server connectivity. The DDoS was caused by an NTP amplification attack and NTP should now be shut off on the core routers that had the problem.

Looks like the problems are back again. The last report I have from Level3 was stated as: “2/12/14 4:01:32 AM GMT The IP NOC has advised that the issue is believed to have been mitigated. Operations Engineers are currently working to confirm that no further impact is being experienced at this time.”"

Also some comments saying they just brought down RiotGames as well (not sure if true, don’t particularly care myself either but still very lame).

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I have not been able to get on now for 2 hours. Any update from a net would be nice.

Posted by: Silk.8302

Silk.8302

I am currently online no DCs for about 10 mins now.

Server|Fort Aspenwood
IGN|Sammy Eli

Posted by: neurojame.8570

neurojame.8570

I’ve got news for you guys, this is bigger than just arenanet…
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/largest-ever-ddos-cyber-attack-hits-us-european-victims-1435973

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Yes, about 18 posts prior sneaky posted a couple links about it

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

From the reddit thread :

“A major ISP called Level3 suffered a large DDoS around 2/12/14 1:30:01 AM GMT or 8:30PM EST. The outage was mitigated by Level3 around 2/12/14 4:01:32 AM GMT or 11:01PM EST. This is most likely your issue as Level3 is one of the ISPs used by ANet for server connectivity. The DDoS was caused by an NTP amplification attack and NTP should now be shut off on the core routers that had the problem.

Looks like the problems are back again. The last report I have from Level3 was stated as: “2/12/14 4:01:32 AM GMT The IP NOC has advised that the issue is believed to have been mitigated. Operations Engineers are currently working to confirm that no further impact is being experienced at this time.”"

Also some comments saying they just brought down RiotGames as well (not sure if true, don’t particularly care myself either but still very lame).

Level3 is a ‘Backbone’ ISP. Geez. That would help explain my network trace (done via GW2’s diagnostic mode) having the break occur within alter.net’s domain.

The attack vector is also very frightening. NTP (used for time sync over the Internet) is a ‘broadcast’ type protocol by nature: basically, fire and forget. There are a LOT of core systems that depend on that being precise.

(Sorry, I’ll take the UNIX/Linux Admin hat off now. But stuff like this really riles me up. Thanks for the heads-up though.)

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

Posted by: Max Gladius.6930

Max Gladius.6930

edit:

Really silly that we have to rely on external sources for this stuff. How hard would it be to put the updates in this thread?

The issue / why they cant update this thread, is in they have a huge flaw in their design…
They put all their eggs in 1 basket…

I cannot explain why, but the logon servers for the game, are the same as the logon servers for the forums…

I expect the forum web servers reside behind the same network gear as the game servers….

Why they would not have a small web farm somewhere, with logon servers that replicated the database every so often is beyond me. It is not like the forums are tied to the game at all, not that I can perform any type of single sign on or such….

My best guess…. laaazzzzyyyynnnneeeesssss…..

Just throwing it out there…

By the way, I refuse to “check twitter” or “check facebook” or “oh use Google to search the forums”

I would rather (finally) log onto here and speak my peice, sure as heck their development / public relations / custer service department doesn’t care to share anything with us…