Security page shows 2 logins

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: jamesg.7128

jamesg.7128

Hello all,

I was changing my account password and noticed on the Security page under “Current Logins” as well as my Australian login location it showed another from Texas, US with the same time.

Is this normal because the servers are there or something, or have I been hacked?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It is a minor glitch that shows the forum IP (Texas), and is nothing to be concerned about.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I sent an e-mail just yesterday about this issue. While the log-in from Texas is almost certainly completely benign — it’s probably just our log-in server — we don’t want to make a blanket statement that “any access from Texas is A-Ok” because that would be way too generic and would pose the potential for someone to unwittingly approve an attempted hack.

My account yesterday displayed three “log-ins” from Texas. I wasn’t asked to approve those, and I know they were acceptable, were 100% certainly due to my activity on the forums. But basically, my instinct is that it would be good to address this so that it doesn’t alarm players. To that end, we’re looking into this!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Yea, this is really troubling and confusing. Ive been dealing with an account compromise (and now suspension for something the hacker must have done) for the past two days.

I got notifications about logins from other geographies, but I also saw multiple logins from TX , US (64.25.32.69) – and I wasnt sure if hitting disconnect on those would cause delays or issues with your team fixing my issues. This was mainly because a reverse look up shows that location number as belonging to an NC interactive location.

Posted by: Blur.3465

Blur.3465

Hello!
I have just submitted an e-mail to support regarding this matter. I completely got a heart attack…
Now what happened to me is that I got disconnected and I could not connect back to the game. Said "Firewall’’ issue when I typed my password in client…but at some point I got to character selection screen and I hit play, but it never did anything, I could not get into game world. I repeated the same process a few times, and it was either that client could not connect or that I could not access the game…
Now…I changed my e-mail password twice, I changed my in-game password as well, and when I saw ‘’Current logins’‘, I saw US, Texas. Sooo…I assumed it must be a hack attempt.
I disconnected that connection and I went back into the game. It let me in. So I went back here again, only to see the same IP from Texas. I disconnect, log into my account from website and there it is again…
What confused me was that it was there every time I logged in, it signed ’’1 minute ago’’ every time, so I assume it must be one of your servers? I am still going to change my account name, for the sake of keeping it safe.

Feanor

Posted by: Sonickeyblade.8415

Sonickeyblade.8415

Oh wow. I am too having this issue. And I am sorry if this is bumping an old thread. But it’s not a week old. I have changed my password 3 different times lately and I am still getting this same Texas IP [TX , US (64.25.32.69)] alongside my actual allowed Log In IP.

I was recently hacked so I’ve been paying extra attention to my security. If this is just Anet’s local IP, then I can finally relax and get off of these pins and needles.

Blur.3465

I am so glad to know I am not the only one getting this…so it must be their IP…
I am in EU, and it’s odd to see Texas IPs here, of course…but you have nooo idea what heart-attack this just gave me!
I found it odd that my old IP was last connected 50 minutes ago, while Texas one was 1 minute ago, the exact time when I logged in to check if my characters are all there in game.
It’s the exact IP you just wrote here, so I guess we are safe now, pheeeew. x.x

Feanor

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Here is what I posted yesterday: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Concern-about-being-HACKED/first#post4020512

TL;dr: It’s a known issue and the IP address listed in my post — 64.25.32.69 — is one of ours. Please read the post for more information.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Blur.3465

Thank you very much for this Gaile!
I never find time to browse through forums much nor check this, but I will surely do it regularly now on!
Thank you for looking into this matter and explaining this to us, I really appreciate it and I am mooore than glad that it is nothing to worry about.

Feanor