Serial Key Added To Closed/Refunded Account

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Trulight.1047

Trulight.1047

Hopefully this will get things moving a little quicker as I want to play! LOL

I refunded an account about a year ago, and now it’s allowed me to tie a serial bought
from guildwars 2 official site to it. When i try to log in it says that the account was
closed due to a refund. I’ve submitted a ticket, but as I said I would really like to play sooner.

Ticket: 1055307

-Trulight

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You will need to wait to hear back from support. The window for a response is 3 days (72 hours). If you don’t hear anything after that time you can post in the 3 Days & older sticky thread for review.

The Burninator

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Your ticket will be addressed as soon as it makes its way through the queue. Submitting a ticket, then posting on the forum soon after regarding said submission is frowned upon. The CS Team will be happy to assist you as soon as your ticket gets to the front of the queue.

Welcome return, and good luck!

Trulight.1047

Your ticket will be addressed as soon as it makes its way through the queue. Submitting a ticket, then posting on the forum soon after regarding said submission is frowned upon. The CS Team will be happy to assist you as soon as your ticket gets to the front of the queue.

It may be frowned upon, but after a year, i’m suppose to remember that you can’t attach a key to a refunded account? And then it also allowed it to be done. So now i’m stuck here with a game I was expecting to be able to play, and have to wait the whole weekend?

I know they will be more then happy to help as they have in the past. I’m just overly excited lol.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Unfortunately, posting here will not move your ticket to the front of the queue. I’m sure you would not want your ticket moved further back because someone else wanted their issue seen to first.

First come, first served (for the most part) is fairest to all. The CS Team works 24/7/365, so your ticket may be addressed before the close of weekend.

Good luck.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

It may be frowned upon, but after a year, i’m suppose to remember that you can’t attach a key to a refunded account? And then it also allowed it to be done. So now i’m stuck here with a game I was expecting to be able to play, and have to wait the whole weekend?

I know they will be more then happy to help as they have in the past. I’m just overly excited lol.

Please re-read what was written. What was said was “Creating a ticket THEN posting on the forums about said ticket is frowned upon.” Not that you were to remember that you can’t add a serial key to a closed account.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Rip Van Winkle.4859

Rip Van Winkle.4859

Why would you not just make a New account? Common sense would tell me to do that. You have a problem of your own creation.

Trulight.1047

Why would you not just make a New account? Common sense would tell me to do that. You have a problem of your own creation.

Because I have no serial key to tie to an account if I made a new one. It’s tied to the old account that is closed. See original post.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I think what he is asking is why you didn’t add the the new code you bought to a new account rather than the old terminated one.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Trulight.1047

I think what he is asking is why you didn’t add the the new code you bought to a new account rather than the old terminated one.

Because the refunded account was a little over a year ago, and I didn’t remember/know that you couldn’t tie a serial key to that account. So when I went to buy a new copy recently it said I already had an account, So I tied the key to that account because i remembered the login, it never told me that it was closed. (Granted after looking at the email from a year ago, after things went awry, then I figured out what was going on.)

-Trulight

Posted by: Rip Van Winkle.4859

Rip Van Winkle.4859

This^^ again common sense.