Serial Number

Serial Number

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

I just picked up another copy of the game for my self, but the email did not contain a Serial Number. I wanted to enter a ticket with support but It wont let me enter a ticket without a serial number. What recourse do I have here?

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Serial Number

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Apparently their website broke and had the game listed as… $4. Those who purchased it didn’t get a key. ArenaNet can either refund these purchases or honor them. If this is your problem, you can only wait to see what happens.

In other cases however, you need to contact support and provide the transaction number. You don’t need a serial number to fill out a ticket. Only the fields marked with a red * are required.

Serial Number

Posted by: EoToDay.2516

EoToDay.2516

I have the same issue. One of my friends wanted the game, so I checked the buy page, and was surprised at the price, so I bought two. However, now after checking the emails there are no serial codes. Hoping for a refund, or them to honor the purchases.

Serial Number

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We’re looking into this situation now and will have some info soon.

Our apologies for any confusion that this may have caused!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Serial Number

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

ty gaile, i have the same problem as above (just submitted a support ticket on this too)

Serial Number

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Thanks Gaile. It probably wont get me any gold stars but I will also be picking up both the dragon and the lion mask later when I get home from work

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Serial Number

Posted by: Braqx.8760

Braqx.8760

Yeah, I just had a friend alert me to this price. She picked up a copy and had the same thing happen. I also picked up a copy for my girlfriend since I missed the last sale and it resulted in the same.

I’m really hoping that they honor the purchase.

Serial Number

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

I also have an email with no serial number for my purchase.

I wanted to buy this because I missed out on getting a second account when they were $10 not long ago – the sale was short and I was still at PAX when it ended. (I was the grumpy one in the audience for the HoT reveal that ended up jumping and screaming in joy in the aisles by the end.)

I understand if they don’t want to honor the $4 codes, but I figure it was worth a shot since I missed out on the last sale. I buy gems fairly habitually on my main account so I didn’t feel too guilty about it.

I have a screenshot of what the buy site looked like at the time, promising the game came with that $3.75 price, if it helps anyone.

Attachments:

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

Serial Number

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^Hmm…Booster Bundle. I wonder what that is/was supposed to be.

That price certainly looked like an error, ending in 75 cents and all. I wonder if it was only NA or US. If it is honored, gratz on your special deal, everyone. If not, I am sure you all would understand why.

Good luck.

Serial Number

Liraz.8062

^Hmm…Booster Bundle. I wonder what that is/was supposed to be.

That price certainly looked like an error, ending in 75 cents and all. I wonder if it was only NA or US. If it is honored, gratz on your special deal, everyone. If not, I am sure you all would understand why.

Good luck.

After looking at this a little more, it was probably the raw price of the Booster Multipack that goes for 300 gems. 300 gems @ $10/800 gems = $3.75

Though while we’re on the subject, why anyone would pay $3.75 for that booster pack is beyond me!

Serial Number

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ahh, indeed. I have so many Boosters sitting in the bank, I would never consider buying any. They are just too common of a ‘free item/easy loot’.

Serial Number

Posted by: Kuro.4791

Kuro.4791

I also got one account when one friend told me about the price, i hope they will honor this…

Serial Number

Posted by: Dieugoram.1239

Dieugoram.1239

We’re looking into this situation now and will have some info soon.

Our apologies for any confusion that this may have caused!

Request 1258879 been over 30 hours, when can I expect a response? Gaile m’lady where are you in my time of need? God speed.

Serial Number

Posted by: Nebulous Prime.2073

Nebulous Prime.2073

I would think this would only take them a hour to figure out. All that got it for 3.75 should get the game they messed up. There are laws about false advertisement it said it was 3.75 for the game not much to say past that. Read laws about it. I think even if they said here your money back u still have a chase. Because at that time it said u get the game for 3.75.

Serial Number

Liraz.8062

There are laws about false advertisement it said it was 3.75 for the game not much to say past that. Read laws about it.

Nah, companies retract errors in their advertising all the time. If ANet decides to honor this price, great! I would really love it if they did. If they refund me the price, that’s okay. I’ll be mildly disappointed.

What I really want is for them to offer that $10 sale again during a time when I am actually home to purchase it instead of at PAX. Everyone would win since that is a price they actually think their game is worth!

Actually if they came back and said “We can either refund you $3.75, or we can charge you an extra $6.25 for an account key” I would be like “Thank you sir may I have another.” I may be a bit of a fangirl though, so, y’know.

Serial Number

Nebulous Prime.2073

Nah they have to stand by what they said. I own the game at full price but they have to hold up what it said at the time. Now any one else is fine but if u paid that at the time its law and it never said a limited time offer or any thing like that.like I said look up the law.

Serial Number

Posted by: Laxgimly.9043

Laxgimly.9043

They do not have to honor the mistakenly published price. People and companies are entitled to make mistakes and correct them, stating they made a mistake. This isn’t a case of Bait and Switch, which would be illegal (I think).

edit: clarification

(edited by Laxgimly.9043)

Serial Number

Posted by: LaReclusa.3527

LaReclusa.3527

and the people who bought this are supposed to log in and submit a ticket if they can’t log in how. . . ?

Serial Number

Posted by: shammy.7281

shammy.7281

and the people who bought this are supposed to log in and submit a ticket if they can’t log in how. . . ?

They can use this link
https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

Serial Number

Nebulous Prime.2073

1. Basic Principles of the Code

1.1 The primary responsibility for truthful and non-deceptive advertising rests with the advertiser. Advertisers should be prepared to substantiate any objective claims or offers made before publication or broadcast. Upon request, they should present such substantiation promptly to the advertising medium or BBB.

1.2 Advertisements which are untrue, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, falsely disparaging of competitors, or insincere offers to sell, shall not be used.

1.3 An advertisement as a whole may be misleading by implication, although every sentence separately considered may be literally true.

1.4 Misrepresentation may result not only from direct statements, but by omitting or obscuring a material fact.
19.2 An advertiser must not create a false impression about the product or service being offered in order to lay the foundation for a later “switch” to other, more expensive products or services, or products or services of a lesser quality at the same price. Subsequent full disclosure by the advertiser of all other facts about the advertised product does not preclude the existence of a bait scheme. are just some of the laws

Serial Number

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

@Nebulous Prime
This wasn’t advertised, this wasn’t misleading, this was clearly an odd set of circumstances that weren’t intentional. They aren’t going to increase your charge to make the difference up and THEN give you your key. They’re going to a) be awesome, apologize and then honor it or b) be awesome, apologize and refund us the $4. I can only assume since you’re quoting generic advertising ethics that you’re either a troll or someone who finds themselves uncomfortably entitled.

Serial Number

Posted by: Lunatic.6134

Lunatic.6134

Nebulous, they can most definitely refund us our money and let that be the end of it. I am one of the people who managed to make a purchase and while I hope to get a serial out of this, I would not be disappointed if they simply refund me.

In any case, trying to legally strong-arm a large corporation will not end well for you.

Serial Number

Inculpatus cedo.9234

@NB….what they advertised for $3.75 was a Bundle of Boosters. Not sure what false advertising there would be. You can have the boosters, if only you buy the game at full price to use them? Or we will just hold them for you, until you do? Or what?

Let it go…

Serial Number

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

@NB….what they advertised for $3.75 was a Bundle of Boosters. Not sure what false advertising there would be. You can have the boosters, if only you buy the game at full price to use them? Or we will just hold them for you, until you do? Or what?

Let it go…

technically, i bought what was named “Booster Bundle”, which was the option to buy guildwars2 @ the main page of buy.guildwars2.com.

and the email said “Thank you for purchasing Guild Wars 2!”, so no, i didn’t buy a “Bundle of Boosters”, ty for your concern though.

Edit: yes i know it was a blunder.

Serial Number

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We should have information on this tomorrow. I am sorry that it’s taking a bit of time to get the word back to you, but we want to make sure we have the proper process in place to handle this appropriately.

Thanks for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Serial Number

Posted by: Braqx.8760

Braqx.8760

I don’t see anything good coming out of this if they decide to refund the purchases public relations wise. On the other hand, if they honor the purchases it will be win win! And here is why I think so.

I purchased a copy for my girlfriend after one of her friends was asking me about the game and noticed the price at $3.75. I figured they were running another awesome sale and jumped on it as did she.

In my humble opinion, it would be better to allow us to keep the purchases and give us game codes as many of us are going to be gifting these, and or playing for the first time. This in turn will get new players into the game, (or even veteran players) who will then spend more money at Black Lion Trading Company.

It will make us happy and we will happily go about spreading word of how awesome Arena Net is! It will make the new players happy because they get to play at a steal of a price for an awesome game!

Arena Net has been nothing but awesome and I can only hope that they will honor that price, even if it was a mistake.

Serial Number

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

We should have information on this tomorrow. I am sorry that it’s taking a bit of time to get the word back to you, but we want to make sure we have the proper process in place to handle this appropriately.

Thanks for understanding.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the response tomorrow.

Love

Serial Number

Posted by: murderofcrow.6109

murderofcrow.6109

I’m interested how ANet is going to handle this.

Serial Number

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Most likely they will refund it. People who bought it for 3,75 dollar knew it was not the intended price. People who tried to get this “deal” should feel bad for trying to exploit an honest mistake.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

Serial Number

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

1. Basic Principles of the Code[…]

None of which apply to this case since it’s a matter of an unintended error (as evident by the fact that the name of the product is “booster bundle” and not “heroic edition”), not false advertising (of which that was none, there was no sale advertised or any sort of promotion made). ANet is only obligated to refund you or credit you a booster bundle, nothing else.

It’s akin to a price tag that reads “Chips 16oz $4.00” somehow winding up on the shelf for stereos and you’re that litigious customer who’s demanding a stereo for $4 or he’ll sue.

Serial Number

Kuro.4791

1. Basic Principles of the Code[…]

None of which apply to this case since it’s a matter of an unintended error (as evident by the fact that the name of the product is “booster bundle” and not “heroic edition”), not false advertising (of which that was none, there was no sale advertised or any sort of promotion made). ANet is only obligated to refund you or credit you a booster bundle, nothing else.

It’s akin to a price tag that reads “Chips 16oz $4.00” somehow winding up on the shelf for stereos and you’re that litigious customer who’s demanding a stereo for $4 or he’ll sue.

Well, according to this image (https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/182182/boosterbundle.jpg) this booster bundle has “Guild Wars 2 game, Suit of Legacy armor, Mithril Box and 10 experienced boosters”, everything listed for 3.75 USD, this kind of mistakes (…?) happens all the time and always end with this kind of debates, depending on how Anet manage this could have a big positive or negative feedback of the press if they are following this…

(edited by Kuro.4791)

Serial Number

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

It will have zero feedback from the press no matter how it ends. Blackmailing Anet with bad press will not lead anywhere.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Serial Number

Kuro.4791

It will have zero feedback from the press no matter how it ends. Blackmailing Anet with bad press will not lead anywhere.

Is not really blackmailing, any company after this kind of events takes EVERYTHING on consideration and PR is the one that always take the big responsability here, thats why they are taking so long, remember #gemgate, the press took an important role, specially Kotaku, they received an official statement WAY before the community…

(edited by Kuro.4791)

Serial Number

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If ArenaNet honors the mistaken price, I can see multiple threads appearing from those claiming they are ‘entitled’ to the same price because ArenaNet gave that price to others. And if they do not, claiming it will cause ‘bad press’.

It matters not what they do, someone will find it unsatisfactory. /shrug

Serial Number

Nebulous Prime.2073

No by law they don’t have to give it to ever one. Only ones that got it at the time. But anyone that got it for 3.75 got lied to if they don’t let have the game which is false advertisement even if they messed up. They are sapost to check there price after they set it up to make sure it was right. Which they could of turned off the web site or the link instead of letting more and more get it. I know it was up there for at least a good 2 -3 hours before they did any thing. You are acting like they lost millions of dollars like the game came out yester day! When it was on sell about a month ago for 10 they can take the lose for there mess up. To new people to the game it lied to them! They didn’t know it was 40$ the day be for! I have the game for 60 full price but my point is they can try to do this when ever they want if u buy some thing u should get it. Not a email saying well we changed are minds and u have to pay more that’s bad bis and not legal. Or hears your money back if u want it pay us more is also bad bis and not legal. But any one that didn’t get it for that hour needs to pay the normal price. When they took down the link and fixed it after that those people have to pay that price that’s the ways advertisement works! I still cant believe they have just bit the bolt on this befor bad stuff dos get out about it the longer they wait the more mad people will be and more will troll about it. As consumer we have rights and this isn’t blackmail at all it your rights for buying something then them changing there mind for what ever reason. Also to new people how do they know the bundle wasn’t real? If they never ben to GW@ web site how do they know it was a mess up? Other games sell stuff for cheap so how were they sapost to know it coast more? And y did ever link on there web page have the 3.75 price?

(edited by Nebulous Prime.2073)

Serial Number

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

@Nebulous Prime
“false advertisement”

This wasn’t advertised, you’re trolling or clueless. Please stop.

Serial Number

Lunatic.6134

No by law they don’t have to give it to ever one. Only ones that got it at the time. But anyone that got it for 3.75 got lied to if they don’t let have the game which is false advertisement even if they messed up. They are sapost to check there price after they set it up to make sure it was right. Which they could of turned off the web site or the link instead of letting more and more get it. I know it was up there for at least a good 2 -3 hours before they did any thing. You are acting like they lost millions of dollars like the game came out yester day! When it was on sail about a month ago for 10 they can take the lose for there mess up. To new people to the game it lied to them! They didn’t know it was 40$ the day be for! I have the game for 60 full price but my point is they can try to do this when ever they want if u buy some thing u should get it. Not a email saying well we changed are minds and u have to pay more that’s bad bis and not legal. Or hears your money back if u want it pay us more is also bad bis and not legal. But any one that didn’t get it for that hour needs to pay the normal price. When they took down the link and fixed it after that those people have to pay that price that’s the ways advertisement works! I still cant believe they have just bit the bolt on this befor bad stuff dos get out about it the longer they wait the more mad people will be and more will troll about it. As consumer we have rights.

Well obviously they should listen to you as you’re brimming with intelligence. /sarcasm

I only highlighted the major errors – there are plenty more. Perhaps you should think about using spell check that is built into every browser these days!

Again, trying to legally strong-arm a large corporation because you don’t feel like paying full price for a second account for a game you already play for free will not end well for you! You play under their terms of service, not yours.

Serial Number

Nebulous Prime.2073

So did it say it was 3.75? Yes! Was it on there website? Yes! Is that advertisement? Yes! So that makes it False Advertisement. So u guys think this is ok buy what u say they can do this anytime. If they sell gems how do we know if they messed up or not at any point they can just say we fed up no u don’t get any thing and hears your money pay more. That makes me think they lie. I know they don’t I play the game but new people will see it that way if u cant trust the price on there own web site then why would u trust them with anything in game money wise? And I wont stop because its my rights as a consumer. To now what I m getting when I pay for it and for them to change there minds when ever they want. Just from reading this u can see one at one time they sold it for 10$. So how do u know if they messed up or if its real? You don’t the way this sounds to me! Again, trying to legally strong-arm a large corporation because you don’t feel like paying full price for a second account for a game you already play for free will not end well for you! You play under their terms of service, not yours. They cant do any thing to me as long as I don’t brake there rules. Yet again I have rights as a consumer! and also I don’t think u read any thing I posted because I clear say I did not but it yester day like most hear I own the game for weeks now but this is making me think I done want to give them money again cause u don’t know if u get what u pay for when u pay for it and spell check don’t fix hear and here.

Serial Number

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Too many armchair attorneys in this thread. Just wait to hear from Gaile on what Anet decides to do. I’m certain their staff, the people paid to make these types of decisions, will do what is within the law. Until then all this bickering over legal matters is just taking up forum space.

The Burninator

Serial Number

Lunatic.6134

You should really consider that you may be wrong when other players in the same boat as you (myself included, even if I’d like to throw you overboard) are telling you that your posts hold no merit. You’re not even fighting the company on this – you are currently arguing with your peers.

Trust me, we would all like to see them give us the codes! Nothing would make us happier. It is their legal right to refund us instead of providing codes, though.

Serial Number

Nebulous Prime.2073

I m not in any boat I just want them to do what they say when they say it I own the game can play it right now. I m trying to stand up for u new to the game I didn’t even get it I heard about yesterday and started looking into what was going on.

Serial Number

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

False Advertising is not related to cost of the product.

False Advertising would be if GW2 suddenly started claiming that playing it would cure cancer.

This is more akin to bait and switch and would likely only be illegal if ANet intentionally put the game up at $3.75 with the intent to get people interested and enough interested enough to buy at the regular price after the price was corrected.

But there’s not enough evidence to suggest that it was an intentional decision. But I’m not a lawyer so I don’t know the exact legalities.

Whether or not ANet will honor the pricing is up to them.

Serial Number

Lunatic.6134

While we appreciate someone standing up for us, the choice is ultimately up to Anet. I trust that no matter the outcome they will do right by us. They have in the past!

Serial Number

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So did it say it was 3.75? Yes! Was it on there website? Yes! Is that advertisement? Yes! So that makes it False Advertisement. So u guys think this is ok buy what u say they can do this anytime. If they sell gems how do we know if they messed up or not at any point they can just say we fed up no u don’t get any thing and hears your money pay more. That makes me think they lie. I know they don’t I play the game but new people will see it that way if u cant trust the price on there own web site then why would u trust them with anything in game money wise? And I wont stop because its my rights as a consumer. To now what I m getting when I pay for it and for them to change there minds when ever they want. Just from reading this u can see one at one time they sold it for 10$. So how do u know if they messed up or if its real? You don’t the way this sounds to me! Again, trying to legally strong-arm a large corporation because you don’t feel like paying full price for a second account for a game you already play for free will not end well for you! You play under their terms of service, not yours. They cant do any thing to me as long as I don’t brake there rules. Yet again I have rights as a consumer! and also I don’t think u read any thing I posted because I clear say I did not but it yester day like most hear I own the game for weeks now but this is making me think I done want to give them money again cause u don’t know if u get what u pay for when u pay for it and spell check don’t fix hear and here.

You may, in fact, be ‘braking’ their rules.

Do not post legal action threads. Using the forums or PMs to encourage, promote, endorse, or incite any kind of legal action against the company or any individual is strictly prohibited. Such content will be removed, and the author’s posting privileges will be permanently revoked.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/rules

Let’s hope your account’s privileges are not permanently revoked.

Good luck.

Serial Number

Nebulous Prime.2073

Ok first off I not trolling and I m not saying to do or did say to do any thing. What I am saying is we have rights as consumers and if they want to kick me off the forums they will but I haven’t broke any thing said in that link.

Serial Number

Posted by: Ravious.4269

Ravious.4269

Too many armchair attorneys in this thread. Just wait to hear from Gaile on what Anet decides to do. I’m certain their staff, the people paid to make these types of decisions, will do what is within the law. Until then all this bickering over legal matters is just taking up forum space.

You can be sure that ArenaNet’s legal was queried on this event. Those would be the real lawyers involved in this situation.

Kill Ten Rats – an MMO blog

Serial Number

Posted by: black sun empress.7401

black sun empress.7401

i bought a second copy, and no code in email. just a link to register acct. funny though a guild mate bought a copy as well and instant code, and she has a second acct now… so if Anet doesnt plan to honor their screwup how bout throwin us a few character slots….

Serial Number

Nebulous Prime.2073

Thats funny on top of that some cant figure out how to post so there are more people this has happened then is what on the forums here.

Serial Number

Posted by: Vjb.9248

Vjb.9248

i bought a second copy, and no code in email. just a link to register acct. funny though a guild mate bought a copy as well and instant code, and she has a second acct now… so if Anet doesnt plan to honor their screwup how bout throwin us a few character slots….

What you suggest gives rise to the issue of compensating the new players who bought the game. I think it would make the most sense to refund it and announce another sale in the near future. either way one group of people or another isn’t going to be happy. this is coming from someone who did manage to buy it in the hopes of introducing someone new to the game who otherwise wouldn’t drop the cash for it.

Serial Number

Nebulous Prime.2073

I know of at least 3 new players that got it yester day. I have a guild in another game they came in and asked me what I paid for it. I told them about this game and people were looking into it so some just happened to get on during this time frame and get the game 3.75. Well I told then it normally 40 – 60 so I started to look into it. On top of that some cant post in here because they are new or don’t know how to. So that’s when I started to post. I have played lots of games and this has never happened to me in any other game-mmo I have played. But some people didn’t buy it for more guys or 2nd account they are new to the game.