Serious Error c0000005

Serious Error c0000005

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: electricmayhem.8609

electricmayhem.8609

Trying to get on this morning and everything locked up. Rainbow wheel for 2-3 minutes and then is error message. Complete restart, no change.

Attachments:

Serious Error c0000005

electricmayhem.8609

Running 10.9.3, 21.5’’ iMac Mid-2011, 2.8GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM

Serious Error c0000005

electricmayhem.8609

Test in new user account, opened start page and downloaded small update. Then wheel spins on login and same error box as above pops up after 2-3 minutes.

Serious Error c0000005

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

3.) Repair the client install
Open Terminal
Type the following:
/applications/guild\ wars\ 2.app/contents/MacOS/cider —use-dos-cwd C:Gw2 -- C:\\GW2\\GW2.exe -repair
4.)If it doesn’t work, you can try to delete the contents of the gw2 data folder, it’s a pain to get to the right one: this step is a general fix for many tp and graphics issues, even without the previous steps however, it will lose all saved log in/password and in-game settings.
To access this:
1 Click on the “Finder” icon located in your dock or the desktop of your computer to make “Finder” the active program in the finder menu bar.
2 Hold down the “Option” key on your keyboard while clicking “Go” in the finder menu bar. A drop-down will appear.
3 While still holding down the “Option” key, click on “Library” in the “Go” drop-down.
4 Once in the Library folder click on Application Support > Guild Wars 2
5 Move the entire Guild Wars 2 folder to the trash and then empty the trash.
The next time you launch Guild Wars 2 it will recreate the recently deleted folder.

Serious Error c0000005

electricmayhem.8609

I must not be getting something right, this is what comes from the terminal command:

Usage: /applications/guild wars 2.app/contents/MacOS/cider [options] [—] program_name [arguments]
The — has to be used if you specify arguments (of the program)

Options:
—debugfile path Load debugging options from a file
—debugmsg name Turn debugging-messages on or off
—dll name Enable or disable built-in DLLs
—dosver x.xx DOS version to imitate (e.g. 6.22)
Only valid with —winver win31
—help,-h Show this help message
—managed Allow the window manager to manage created windows
—version,-v Display the Wine version
—winver Version to imitate (win95,win98,winme,nt351,nt40,win2k,winxp,win20,win30,win31)
—dt Defer trace until Alt+F12
—use-dos-cwd Used to set the DOS current working directory for the process (needs a path)
—cmdline Specifies the application’s command line
—monitor-cdrom-eject Activate monitoring of CD-ROM ejection requests
—run-mac-tests Run Unit Tests and exit (Mac-only)
—suppress-splash Suppress startup splash window (Mac-only)

Serious Error c0000005

electricmayhem.8609

Tried pulling data folder and plist, just get login screen that spins and then pops error.

Serious Error c0000005

electricmayhem.8609

I got the terminal command to run fine. Reset SMC/NVRAM and repaired disc permissions.

I can now get to the login screen, when I try to log in just get circle going around for 2-3 minutes then same “serious error” message.

If I deliberately put in incorrect password, I get the “wrong password” box and it does not freeze up.

Serious Error c0000005

FlamingFoxx.1305

Did you try the second set of instructions detailing how to delete the gw2 folder inside application support?

Serious Error c0000005

electricmayhem.8609

Yep, and I get the short “update” to download fine after doing that. Seems to be when it tries to login with correct password.

Have pulled Applications Support folder, plist, reset SMC/NVRAM, ran terminal repair, and repaired disc permissions all to no avail.

When my wife wakes up I’m going to try to login on PC and see what happens there.

Serious Error c0000005

FlamingFoxx.1305

It will work fine on your PC. The most likely thing is that the files of the .dat (the 20GB that comprise GW2) are corrupted. If you managed to perform a successful repair of the game and it didn’t fix it, then my advice is unfortunately to uninstall and try reinstalling from scratch.

Serious Error c0000005

Posted by: Striker.7964

Striker.7964

Try disconnecting the power cable and then open the game (you can connect it afterwards). It works for me when I get that message.

Serious Error c0000005

electricmayhem.8609

Well, that’s going to be tough with my iMac…lol
Am able to login fine from PC. Have an open support ticket, but I’m pretty sure I’m looking at a reinstall, which just sucks.

Serious Error c0000005

FlamingFoxx.1305

You can make a copy of the files from windows and paste them into a certain area on the OSX version when you reinstall, that way you dont have to redownload the entire 20GB, just a couple of MB to reinstall the launcher.

Serious Error c0000005

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

I just had this exact issue on my macbook in the case of the macbook it was a matter of unplugging and then restarting the game then plugging back in. Since you are on an iMac I would suggest unplugging after power down and let it sit fora few minutes then plug back in power back on while holding down command option P and R and try resting the pram possibly. Then try running game