Server Transfer

Server Transfer

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: vectorfox.6894

vectorfox.6894

Hello, i recently bought gw2 for a friend and she is kind of new to games so when it came to choosing a server she picked an eu server even though she is an America and i think it was a German server at that.

This is quite problematic since i am on an na server and now can’t play with her, she only got the game yesterday so i was hoping that i would be able to get her to re-choose her server to an NA one. I know it is my fault for not being there but while it was downloading some friends wanted to play another game with me and in that time the download finished and she had picked a server.

My friends account name should be: polarbwar

Server Transfer

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

She can transfer for free by deleting all her characters. She should make certain that she puts everything that is not soul bound in her bank first.

The Burninator

Server Transfer

vectorfox.6894

She can transfer for free by deleting all her characters. She should make certain that she puts everything that is not soul bound in her bank first.

oh really?

I didn’t know that to be honest. she hasn’t made a character yet so everything should be fine.

Thanks!

Server Transfer

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Your friend might find this helpful: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#Transferring

If she has already used any bonus items she might have received with her game on a character to be deleted, she can contact the CS Team, and they will probably replace them. Top of Page – Support – Submit a Request.

Good luck.

Server Transfer

vectorfox.6894

Does she have to wait the 6 days before transferring or is that only if you have transferred once before?

Server Transfer

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

She may have to. If so, she will encounter an error when trying to transfer. If not, it will go through.

But, I think the cool-down may apply. Then, again, she has yet to make a character, so….that might make a difference.

Good luck.

Server Transfer

vectorfox.6894

she just came online (fbook) and told me she already made a character =(

Ah well, i guess i can wait the time. Thank you for all the help!