Server offline message please

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: DravenAU.5789

DravenAU.5789

Hello.
I was wondering if it would be possible to have a message on the login screen that shows whether the servers are up or down.

What follows is not a rant or a cry, just a suggestion.

Currently the only way I know there is a server update is after I try to log in and get told that there is an issue with my firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network.

The first time I got that message I spent about 10-20 minutes checking my settings and testing my network until I eventually found a note somewhere that there were going to be updates happening.

At very least could the support page (from the link in the error message) mention whether the servers are currently online?

Being told the servers are currently down is preferable to “you have a connection error, close the client and try again in a moment”.

Posted by: tbrunt.8036

tbrunt.8036

Sounds like a good idea to me..

Posted by: jaimejai.6218

jaimejai.6218

Agreed, have just spent 20 mins of frustration trying to sort my computer out. Finally after checking this forum I found the information that it is likely the servers are down. Could have saved myself 20 mins of pain!