Server wide disconnect and lag = GW2 hacked?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: MisterElliott.2481

MisterElliott.2481

DDoSed, not hacked.

Posted by: TenVOL.9486

TenVOL.9486

I was on the 3rd boss in fractals and started experiencing extreme lag (out of rings and still taking damage, loss of skills or skills just flashing) then would come back and I would be in a totally different location. One member of our party dc’d and couldnt even log back into gw2 but was in ventrilo with us talking. This is very frustrating.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

You can go rage at kitten Trolling. Though they would probably just laugh at you and DDOS attack some more. -_-

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

[b]Oops… I’m now realizing I posted this in the wrong section. Sorry about that. Mods, feel free to merge this with the same post in the Game Bug section.

I had meant to post this as a bug report. when I saw the responses to the post, I felt bad about deleting this post.[/b]

(edited by kta.6502)

Posted by: Eleir.9325

Eleir.9325

Yeah they are not DDOS’ing Gw2 Directly. They are just attacking the cloud service that GW2 just happens to use along with thousands of other people.

(Lv. 80 Necromancer)Ash Grimbane [MEAN] – DarkHaven

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Don’t know. Things are getting wacky by day. Maybe this is a pretext for new gemstore product: unlag comsumable works for 1 day, 100 gems each.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Eleir.9325

Lawl. I wouldn’t be mad at the Guild Wars 2 team. There is really nothing that they can do about this. This is all in the hands of the cloud storage company they use. Don’t worry they can’t keep up an attack like this for too long.

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Lawl. I wouldn’t be mad at the Guild Wars 2 team. There is really nothing that they can do about this. This is all in the hands of the cloud storage company they use. Don’t worry they can’t keep up an attack like this for too long.

Oh, I’m not mad at Anet. I’m just concerned. Like I said, I saw this happen in RO.

I hope Anet fixes things really soon.

Eleir.9325

Yeah, the company that owns these servers already has a fix for it. Plus the hackers can only do this for about an hour.