Severe Ping Spikes

Severe Ping Spikes

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: AllDatAngst.4208

AllDatAngst.4208

In the past about 2 weeks I’ve had a sudden slew of ping spikes. It only seems to occur between 8-10 pm (weird, but a definite pattern) and all other times are fine. Normally my ping sits at ~50, but during these times it hits past 2k. It doesn’t seem to be happening to anyone else in my guild.

It would just cause lag until this week, when it now will cause a full crash. The game type and population doesn’t seem to matter. It hits in raids, WvW, open world, even in my home instance.

My internet connection is fine, other games run without problem.

Is there something I can run/test to see what the problem is or should I submit a ticket?

(edited by AllDatAngst.4208)

Severe Ping Spikes

Posted by: teppi.6079

teppi.6079

I’ve been having the same issue. My game will be fine all day sitting between 50-70 ping, then i go to raid with my guild from 7pm cst – 9pm and i cant even do that cuz im hitting about 1-3k ping and about 30seconds behind everything going on. I’ve only crashed once and just logged out the other times from it being so bad and unplayable

Severe Ping Spikes

Posted by: ChickenOverlord.5763

ChickenOverlord.5763

I’m still getting high ping spikes as well as skill lag. I even ran diagnostic on the game and everything showed up normal with no latency or packet lost so i have no idea how to fix the issue . I’ve disconnected to character select 3 times today and it’s only with guild wars 2. I’m still able to do everything else normally with my internet connection so i don’t think it’s my end.

Severe Ping Spikes

Posted by: risingeagle.7813

risingeagle.7813

Most likely Anet/NcS testing network load, etc. What better way to detect bugs ASAP in lieu of the new expansion? Just a theory.