Shared Account Issues

Shared Account Issues

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: HardNaming.1695

HardNaming.1695

Q:

Hi,

I know this can not be more odd but is there any ways for me to terminate my own account? My friend is playing my gw2 account but I feel like he has reached a point of addiction that I have to terminate my account to save him…

Any thoughts?

Best

Shared Account Issues

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A:

Please contact Customer Support to allow them to assist you. Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Shared Account Issues

HardNaming.1695

He knows all my email and password information and so changing them will not solve the problems…
I know I can not make this decisions but he has told me many times he wished he would not play this much games.

Shared Account Issues

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You could try reporting yourself for violating the terms of service for letting your friend play your account. Of course it may be easier to just change your game password, email password and not let your friend know what those passwords are. You could even have support change the email address associated with your account to one your friend does not have access to.

I hope your friend does not have access yo your bank account info. It seems to me you really need to work on securing your information from your friend.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Shared Account Issues

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Ask support to close the account, or you can ask to change the registered email:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you have control over the computer playing it (or router), simply block GW2’s IP.

Shared Account Issues

HardNaming.1695

Letting my friend play my account is a violation of code of conduct? Really? I don’t think that is an issue….Since we know each other in rl.

Shared Account Issues

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Account sharing is against the rules so if you’re lucky, Anet might ban you for good. lol. Also, your friend needs a psychologist or something. Sounds like he has issues.

Shared Account Issues

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Account sharing is against the rules, which means you can be banned for doing it.

But I don’t think it’s as strictly enforced as some other things. I think it’s mainly in there so Anet have the right to treat each account as 1 person – if your friend said or did something inappropriate and got banned you couldn’t ask Anet to only ban his characters and not yours, they would be completely within their rights to ban the entire account. Likewise if he spent all your gold on items for his characters you couldn’t report him for stealing from you because it’s all the same account so as far as they’re concerned it’s not theft.

Now you may be thinking you don’t need to worry about any of that because he’s your friend, but the point is if anything does happen it’s entirely your problem – not Anet’s.

(And also if someone does something stupid and gets themselves banned they can’t simply tell Anet that it wasn’t them, they let their friend/cousin/pet monkey play on their account and they did it, so the account should be unbanned because honestly it wasn’t them.)

In this case the simplest solution would be to change your account and email passwords so he can’t get into your account. But if you really wanted to you could ask Anet to ban the account. But that means you won’t be able to play it either. (And if you change your mind it’s likely to be much harder, or impossible, to get it back.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Shared Account Issues

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Hi,

I know this can not be more odd but is there any ways for me to terminate my own account? My friend is playing my gw2 account but I feel like he has reached a point of addiction that I have to terminate my account to save him…

Any thoughts?

Best

He knows all my email and password information and so changing them will not solve the problems…
I know I can not make this decisions but he has told me many times he wished he would not play this much games.

Your story sounds fishy.

Edit- And if your story is true, you are irresponsible for sharing any personal information with anyone. Should have learned your lessons with this 5 months ago.

Hi,
Please help me. My account has been compromised and i sent ticket about 4-5 days ago as well as yesterday and did not get a single reply. Please help. I am so desperate and depressed. All my characters are deleted and gold are gone.

Ticket number: 2318317
Ticket number: 2315851

Please help!

Best

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Shared Account Issues

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Definitely something fishy or some trolling of some sort going on here.

Shared Account Issues

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Change the password on the account and on the e-mail it is linked to?

Shared Account Issues

Posted by: TheJuice.8612

TheJuice.8612

Even IF your account got closed/banned/whatever…… what would stop your friend from just playing GW2? I mean, GW2 is free to play. All he/she would have to do is create a new account and they are back in the game.