Shows 100% and no buttons on starting client

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: HeisenberG.2894

HeisenberG.2894

Hey guys, I only get this screen when I start the client and gets stuck there. I tried deleting the Guild Wars 2 folder on Application Support and nothing happens help please. I am running on OSX 10.9.1 13inch mid 2012 mbp.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ceribis.8104

Ceribis.8104

This happened a few times for me (most recently after the last patch). It seemed to be processing something or waiting for a network call in the background before continuing. After waiting a minute or two the patcher restarted on its own and patched correctly.

I don’t have any confirmation on this, but to me it seems like this is what happens when the patcher itself has an update. Sometimes this update takes longer to process than other times and there’s no good indication that it’s doing anything.

Try again and let it sit for a few minutes on this screen to see if it eventually gets past it.

Keeghan – Sylvari Mesmer – Jade Quarry

HeisenberG.2894

Yeah it worked. I waited for about 15mins before the client restarted and updated. Still weird though that I have to wait long time even after updating the client..

This happened a few times for me (most recently after the last patch). It seemed to be processing something or waiting for a network call in the background before continuing. After waiting a minute or two the patcher restarted on its own and patched correctly.

I don’t have any confirmation on this, but to me it seems like this is what happens when the patcher itself has an update. Sometimes this update takes longer to process than other times and there’s no good indication that it’s doing anything.

Try again and let it sit for a few minutes on this screen to see if it eventually gets past it.

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

This could be related to the TGUpdater problem.
Read through the troubleshooting instructions in here (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/TgUpdate-1-11-everytime-i-open-the-launcher/page/2#post3394514).

Ceribis.8104

TGUpdater starts before the patcher really starts (if I remember correctly) so it shouldn’t be related. I also had this happen recently after I fixed the TGUpdate issue in that thread. Your milage may vary but it doesn’t seem to be related to this issue. That’s why I’m thinking it’s an update to the patcher itself taking a long time.

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

Hello, I am having the same problem right now. My screen looks exactly like the TC’s.

You’re saying this problem resolves itself if I wait a while? You absolutely sure?

Note that this cannot be a TGUpdate related thing. I ended up installing that one manually (which solved quite a few of the other problems I’ve been having).

Ceribis.8104

Waiting is the only thing I did and while it took a few minutes the few times it hung it eventually went through.

HeisenberG.2894

Waiting is the only way. I have already done the TGUpdater patch long before. And when it was a problem the TGUpdater would only update for about 30 secs.

HeisenberG.2894

Yeah you have to wait quite a long while especially if you are not updated to the newest patch.

Hello, I am having the same problem right now. My screen looks exactly like the TC’s.

You’re saying this problem resolves itself if I wait a while? You absolutely sure?

Note that this cannot be a TGUpdate related thing. I ended up installing that one manually (which solved quite a few of the other problems I’ve been having).