Single disconnection per day

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Codo.2860

Codo.2860

I, I’m experiencing a problem with Guild Wars 2 since months.

I usually play from 2 locations. In the first one, no trouble at all. In the second one I always get one disconnection per day, never more and never less. I always get disconnected after 15-30 minutes of play, and I can instantly connect again. Apart from that, everything is fine.

Though not game-breaking this problem (bug?) seems quite odd to me, I wonder if any one experienced something like this, and if there is any solution.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by: DotDotWin.4357

DotDotWin.4357

Is it the same 15-30 minutes each time? Like around 3pm or a some other specific time? Is it just 15-30 minutes after you start playing at any time of the day on that computer? Are there multiple computers at that location and do they all perform the same way?

Posted by: Codo.2860

Codo.2860

Yes, it’s 15-30 minutes after I start playing, it doesn’t seem to depend on the time of the day. Sadly there are no other computers there, so I can’t cross-check.

However sometimes I happened to be in TeamSpeak when I was disconnected from GW, and there I had not even a moment of lag, so I think it’s a matter related to GW itself. I also use a router, but if there’s something not properly setted in my lan how can it produce only a single disconnection per day?

Posted by: UserX.8217

UserX.8217

You may want to try this Command Line Argument.
-clientport 80

Steps:
Create a Shortcut to Gw2.exe on your Desktop
Rename the Shortcut to GW2 Port 80
R-Click the Shortcut>Properties
Under the target field after the quotation all the way to the right add a space then -clientport 80
Click OK

Run GW2 using the newley created Shortcut to see if it helps.

Intel i7 3930k (4.7G) / 32GB of 2133 / ASUS R4E / 2X EVGA GTX580s / 2X 256MB Corsair PP SSDs (RAID0)
Corsair Pro AX1200 / SoundBlaster ZxR/ Windows 8 Pro x64 (+WMC) EFI Instal