Slow Download speeds

Slow Download speeds

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Phantom Kat.3918

Phantom Kat.3918

Downloader is getting single digit KB/s speeds but downloading anything on Steam is getting around 1MB/s and nothing else seems to be experiencing connection issues. I’ve tried adding the various -assetsrv IPs listed on https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/93290408-Problems-Downloading-or-Patching but they’re having no effect. Problem appeared with today’s patch.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

Someone forgot to feed the server hamsters.

I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

I can confirm this, the patch is downloading between 50kbps and 120kbps. And My network is working good.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: titoroco.8049

titoroco.8049

i have the same problem, pls fix this, this is getting annoying for every patch

Ark – Strado (guardian)

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Will.3129

Will.3129

I am having same problem, it’s downloading between 50 and 100kb/s when it should be downloading way more.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Admiral Stukov.8791

Admiral Stukov.8791

My country’s ISP ain’t the best in the world ( it’s kitten…honestly ) but I can still plays online games with little to no problem.

But demmit, the download speed is atrocious. 50kbps max. Usually it tops at 500kbps. (1Mbps when the line feels good…..for some reason)

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Goose.6574

Goose.6574

You guys are getting 50? Lucky lucky. I am on 1-2kb/s. And as I looked just then, 0kb/s. This is a problem.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

Attempting to patch from NSW, Australia.

I am getting max 5 kb/s

This is a repeat of the last patch where exactly the same thing happened.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Saul Rua.2739

Saul Rua.2739

In three years, I have never had an issues downloading anything from Anet. Today, my download seems to be capped at 5kb.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: CheezeStix.1076

CheezeStix.1076

Having a similar problem, if I’m lucky I can get up to 50KB/s or else it hovers around 2KB/sec. Speedtest is showing an accurate 15Mb/s so it should be going at ~1.8MB/s

Copy and pasted from this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Download-struck/first#post5550614

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: tuck.2719

tuck.2719

I just wanted to chime in and say same here. I was able to get past it by specifying a different download server as detailed in https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/93290408-Problems-Downloading-or-Patching but I still never got over about 60KB/s. The one I had the best luck with was 194.25.94.170:80.

I’ve never seen these kinds of issues before and my connection is VDSL, reported as 32Mbps/8Mbps.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Smoaking.6125

Smoaking.6125

I am having the same problem – stuck at 0 KB/s, yesterday and today.

Slow Download speeds

psy.5437

I have tried every single alternate download asset server and none of them work.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Jco.6031

Jco.6031

I’m getting 100kb/s then drops to 0kb/s and stays there. Arena net, please fix this.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: VanHoliday.5243

VanHoliday.5243

I am also having the same problem. I’ve tried all the possible fix for this issue but none of them work. Please have this fixed ANet.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: VisualDeadlock.2163

VisualDeadlock.2163

Ditto, only getting between 1-50 KB/s with occassional bursts in the 100s.

Never had this issue before.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: GamesOn.1098

GamesOn.1098

25 kb/s slow as hell, and disconnected. I can’t get pass the download screen

(edited by GamesOn.1098)

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Morbyd.3761

Morbyd.3761

Super slow speeds. i normally get patches at 1-2Mb/s. Every time I switch asset servers, it starts out around 200-300Kb/s then gradually bogs down to single digits. This is awful. I’ve never had any trouble downloading patches before.

EDIT: Finally found a server that got me to 1-2Mb/s, but the launcher was borked out and reading the amount d’loaded and speed at Kb/s even though it had to be Mb/s given it finished in like a minute or two after an hour of going slow as balls.

[Yay]

(edited by Morbyd.3761)

Slow Download speeds

psy.5437

I have gone through an immense amount of back and forth troubleshooting with the ANet support guys and still this issue persists.
It is really odd as the patcher itself will patch at full speed but once in the launcher dialogue forget downloading anything in any reasonable amount of time.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Roesicon.8961

Roesicon.8961

This issue has always plagued gw2. Given the game is a few years old now, I believe “deal with it” is the only viable solution that ANet has offered and the only one that will truly work.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

I’m having slow download speed 12kb/s but in other sites i can download 2.5mb/s is the server having trouble with this new patch?

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Glacial.9032

Glacial.9032

Yeah I am having the same issue. I added this to the end of my target under my GW2.exe Shortcut -assetsrv 151.249.90.199:80. My download speed went from 12kb/s to about 200kbps-3mbps. It fluctuates quickly, but it was better than what I had.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Thanks but nothing change from my side.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Tharjax.9068

Tharjax.9068

I have great speed right now for internet (30 mps DLS) but the launcher is only downloading 10-15 KB.

Not sure if the problem is on my end or Arena Net’s. Any feedback would be great.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: IxRichardxI.7490

IxRichardxI.7490

I am having similar problems right now. I have 5mbps dls, and generally it only allows less than 400 KB

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: deadpool.7843

deadpool.7843

Same here. The best I’ve managed to get is about 30 kb/s in the last few days, which is highly unusual. In fact, I’ve never seen it go anywhere near that low before.

Considering that I can connect everywhere else at super-fast speeds (including places like Steam or GOG), I know for a fact it’s not a problem on my end.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: AmishNoodle.5894

AmishNoodle.5894

Issues here too. Have yet to successfully download the update and start playing for roughly a week. Averages around 40kbps, and sometimes around 7kbps. Not anything on my end with ~126Mbps down bandwidth.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Kai.9264

Kai.9264

same here, between 50-120kb

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Evolver.9713

Evolver.9713

I have had the same problem for weeks. I have 100 Mbps cable internet and used to enjoy download speeds on GW2 of up to 3MBps (averaged about 1). The best server I can get now is 174.35.71.9:80 but only get up to 100 KBps (average about 30). Hopefully an ANet employee will see this thread soon and give us some sort of explanation/fix for it.

I am considering purchasing HOT and faster download speeds would go a long way toward securing that purchase from me.

(edited by Evolver.9713)

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Smoaking.6125

Smoaking.6125

trying to download patch for HoT, yet still having the same problem of less than 12 KB/sec download speed.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Stonkz.2417

Stonkz.2417

Same here Brisbane Australia, getting 0 to 25 kbps, going to take hours to download at this rate.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: StealSteel.7409

StealSteel.7409

yeah this is ridiculous. 2kbps in Melbourne Australia. How has this not been fixed?

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

Hitting a max of 12 KB/s, and been sitting on the screen saying “Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…” for about 10 minutes. I’m able to stream videos, chat on ts and play another game online with no issues.

Would like someone to please feed server hamsters. Having a billion people trying to download the same files at the same time would need more support than the poor hamsters are getting.

EDIT:
This worked for me;

Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder. By default, this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2.
Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
Right-click the shortcut and select “Properties.”
In the “Target” line, put whatever is currently there inside quotation marks, then add a space and -assetsrv 174.35.71.9:80 at the end.

This upped me from ~12 KB/s to about 80 KB/s. Not much better, but still better than getting connection errors all the time.

Can be found on https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/93290408-Problems-Downloading-or-Patching

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

(edited by Miss Lana Too.5794)

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: VisualDeadlock.2163

VisualDeadlock.2163

Hitting a max of 12 KB/s, and been sitting on the screen saying “Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…” for about 10 minutes. I’m able to stream videos, chat on ts and play another game online with no issues.

Would like someone to please feed server hamsters. Having a billion people trying to download the same files at the same time would need more support than the poor hamsters are getting.

EDIT:
This worked for me;

Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder. By default, this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2.
Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
Right-click the shortcut and select “Properties.”
In the “Target” line, put whatever is currently there inside quotation marks, then add a space and -assetsrv 174.35.71.9:80 at the end.

This upped me from ~12 KB/s to about 80 KB/s. Not much better, but still better than getting connection errors all the time.

Can be found on https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/93290408-Problems-Downloading-or-Patching

Just tried this, also worked for me, back to my normal download speeds. Thanks

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Hullo To U.7259

Hullo To U.7259

Hey guys, don’t wanna brag or anything, but my download speed is off the chain!

http://i.imgur.com/YePAbyq.png

Attachments:

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Juutas.7320

Juutas.7320

Old topic, still same kittening problem. I have 100M/10M cable and still my GW2 download is around 1-100kb/s. And yes I have tested all possble -kitten things in shortcut and so on. So reason why people still loves WoW? It god kitten works like charm.

Don’t worry, be Jormag! -Sons of Svanir Fan Club

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: KatsumiYT.9076

KatsumiYT.9076

Same here, i rly dont know what to do.

Slow Download speeds

Posted by: Desorbed.6394

Desorbed.6394

Why is there no ‘Target’ for me when I right click and go to properties? I’m on Windows 8…..