Slow performance last couple of weeks.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

The last few weeks gw2 has been running ridiculously slow and I’m trying to find out why. My system is an Alienware 14x laptop and I haven’t really tested any other games besides league of legends, which isn’t really comparable at all, but it had no issues. Before this happened I could have the graphics all the way up with near perfect performance with the only issue being overheating. Once that happened I went out and bought one of those laptop fans that prop up you’re computer and have ventilation and stuff and that basically made my computer not even get remotely warm. Well, eventually it started having heat problems again without the fan and since then everything has gone down hill with performance. I’ve had to turn my setting all the way down when any sort of action is occuring or when I’m in a big city and even then I’m getting a lot of lag. After about 1 hour of gaming my laptop is already really warm and I usually log off then to prevent any internal damage.

I downloaded the up to date nvidia driver multiple times, and messed with certain things to try and fix the problem but nothing helps. I’ve also heard gw2 performance has been sub-par recently, but this seems more of a computer issue to me than a connection issue. I’m in total need of some help because I love gw2!

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

I’m really clueless about all this stuff so if anyone can help it would be awesome

Posted by: The Outsider.8630

The Outsider.8630

Try picking up a can of compressed air and just blowing the vents in your laptop, dust can clog those airways and I’ve seen this happen multiple times. The PC gets very hot and slow. Hope that’s all it is.

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

like everyone else with this problem, you have 3 options:
wait for an epic gfx-card driver update
wait for an epic GW2 patch
or get two gtx680 sli :P

if anyone i saying, that this game is heavily CPU bound is only half correct
i can OC my i7 950 from 3,1Ghz to 4Ghz without getting even 1 frame per second more
but OC’ing my GTX580 to 1Ghz does the magic...+15FPS more (not recommended to OC your gfx-card tho, except if you really know what you are doing)

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

Posted by: Varna.5162

Varna.5162

No… this game is indeed very CPU bound. My 690GTX barely ever runs at max core speed while playing this game. My 2500k is running at 4.8GHZ and I still get constant dips into the 40s~50s.

Posted by: Sgrall.9653

Sgrall.9653

Disable Ambient Occlusion usage.