So I saw the FAQ

So I saw the FAQ

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: AreUMadBro.6907

AreUMadBro.6907

Ok, having the kittening lag for weeks, cant barely play, and cant believe I am going to say this, but almost quitting the game. I downloaded the process explorer, and my threads are like this. So different from the picture from the FAQ, seems that one core is being used too much. Dont even know if this makes sense, just looking for some help.

Edit:
Rarely the tree top threads are more equilibrated.

Attachments:

So I saw the FAQ

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Gotta provide your system spec, without that the image doesn’t mean much atm.

Read Part 4 here if you haven’t already

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

So I saw the FAQ

AreUMadBro.6907

Yes I already did. Pretty sure the prob is my i5, but what can I do, my computer is 2 years old and I live in Brazil, what means that the prices are 4x higher and new equipment takes 1 year to come here in a good price(compared to the launch price here). Anyways, here is my dxdiag

Attachments:

So I saw the FAQ

Posted by: Imoanalot.9105

Imoanalot.9105

I’m with you. My game constantly lags, freezes, and crashes. It’s come to the point where I also want to quit. I bought the game when it first came out and it had these problems, so I didn’t play for a few months in hope that the issue would be fixed, I have done EVERYTHING the FAQ says to do, If sent numerous crash reports, some detailed. I’ve updated all my drivers, etc. I have done every suggestion under the book. And I’m only assuming GW staff haven’t got back to me is because they have no idea in slightest what to do!

I’ve had my computer looked at and everything is fine. It’s Guild Wars 2 itself. Even crashed on my friends computer, and he’s got a bossy gaming comp. Only on my account though. Dunno what the deal is with that. -___________-

So I saw the FAQ

AreUMadBro.6907

I’m with you. My game constantly lags, freezes, and crashes. It’s come to the point where I also want to quit. I bought the game when it first came out and it had these problems, so I didn’t play for a few months in hope that the issue would be fixed, I have done EVERYTHING the FAQ says to do, If sent numerous crash reports, some detailed. I’ve updated all my drivers, etc. I have done every suggestion under the book. And I’m only assuming GW staff haven’t got back to me is because they have no idea in slightest what to do!

I’ve had my computer looked at and everything is fine. It’s Guild Wars 2 itself. Even crashed on my friends computer, and he’s got a bossy gaming comp. Only on my account though. Dunno what the deal is with that. -___________-

Yea I understand you. Really frustating. Mine issue is a little different, I had lag since the beginning but not so much, and mostly in jumping puzzles, things like that. Then the lag started to happen in every place, and now I get relieved if I have 5 minutes without lagging. On my friend’s computer(that is the same, with the difference that he has 6gb ram and I have 4), I never saw he lagging…He dont play anymore, but he never experienced such a thing.

So I saw the FAQ

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

For your CPU the game should be using more of the CPU load.

• Check what other background task is draining resources.
  • Try clean boot mode (see Part 1.1)
  • Suggest re-installing the OS to eliminate any software issues.
  • Check your temp using one of the tools in Part 4
http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

So I saw the FAQ

AreUMadBro.6907

The funny thing is that if I alt+tab for some secs, I get no lag in the game for some secs. Makes sense?

So I saw the FAQ

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Just thinking outside the box, but have you tried to see how long it takes your pings to get to and from ArenaNets servers? Maybe we’re looking a bad connection.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

So I saw the FAQ

AreUMadBro.6907

Just thinking outside the box, but have you tried to see how long it takes your pings to get to and from ArenaNets servers? Maybe we’re looking a bad connection.

Same server and internet provider than my friends, and they dont lag.

So I saw the FAQ

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

close all apps outside the game, and by all i mean browsers and video players, anything you dont need running.

in your AV software put the GW2 folder in the exceptions(should stop the avsoftware from scanning the files every time they are accessed…)

disable core parking AND install process lasso(free) see if that helps….

good luck….

also could try msi afterburner and set a clock 5mhz higher on the gpu core and ram then its at now, that may help(worked on my old setup)

again good luck….

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x

So I saw the FAQ

AreUMadBro.6907

My i5 is dual core, the computer recognizes it as being a quad, but actually just have 2 cores. I dont know if this is the problem, and I downloaded two more games to test and see if the problem is just with gw2. First, Tera, and the same lag. Then, Combat Arms(I used to play it 2 years ago without problem) and had the same lag. So what can be wrong?
Also, I downloaded the temperature check thing, and its normal(~45º)

So I saw the FAQ

Posted by: Ryokuro.8125

Ryokuro.8125

My i5 is dual core, the computer recognizes it as being a quad, but actually just have 2 cores. I dont know if this is the problem, and I downloaded two more games to test and see if the problem is just with gw2. First, Tera, and the same lag. Then, Combat Arms(I used to play it 2 years ago without problem) and had the same lag. So what can be wrong?

i5’s are dual cores with hyperthreading enabled. Hyperthreading takes a physical core, and makes it into two logical cores. It’s a technology Intel has been using since early 2002 and helps with multi-tasking. Your temperatures are perfectly normal under load.

Core i7 3770K OC’d @ 4.5Ghz ~Asus P8Z77 V-Deluxe
GTX980 Strix ~ 32GB RAM
Crucial m4 256Gb SSD ~ Seagate 1TB 7.2k RPM HDD

So I saw the FAQ

AreUMadBro.6907

i5’s are dual cores with hyperthreading enabled. Hyperthreading takes a physical core, and makes it into two logical cores. It’s a technology Intel has been using since early 2002 and helps with multi-tasking. Your temperatures are perfectly normal under load.

I opened the temp checker when I was having lag issues, and both cores were in 72~75º celsius. So, I guess this is the problem?

So I saw the FAQ

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

Hey AreUMadBro, i think you answered your question yourself by referring to “ Combat Arms”; something is changed on your system causing this game to have lag while it wasn’t lagging before.
Drivers? or win7 corrupted, (check also interrupts if corrupted can cause alot of cpuload): a clean install can help. Did you change your monitor for example, higher resolutions will have a big impact on your video card.
Apart from that: gt220 performance isn’t that great, it’s comparable to the old GeForce 9500 gt but 1/3 lower than the 9800 gt so don’t expect high frame rates even on mid resolutions with gw2. The load on your cpu isn’t high (referring to the first pict you send, should be more going to 80% for 1 core where the main thread is running) so probably your graphics card is stalling the system. However temp of cpu shouldn’t go to 72-75degr with a load lower then 20% from gw2,

So I saw the FAQ

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

if its an ivybridge i7 those temps are normal at stock clocks with stock cooling.

a gt220 is pretty slow but honestly so is a dual core i5 with ht…..

my advice run a chkdsk /f from command line on each of your drives, then restart, install ccleaner and run it over the system(both file cleaner and reg cleaner), update your drivers(if you need to know what drivers need updated grab drivermax, it will tell you what drivers you need to update and the latest driver version, it will let you use it to update 2 drivers a day with a free account, but you can still use it to find out what you need to search for driver wise.

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x

So I saw the FAQ

Posted by: Ryokuro.8125

Ryokuro.8125

I opened the temp checker when I was having lag issues, and both cores were in 72~75º celsius. So, I guess this is the problem?

That, is freaking hot! That’s about 162 Fahrenheit! Is that temperature under load?

Core i7 3770K OC’d @ 4.5Ghz ~Asus P8Z77 V-Deluxe
GTX980 Strix ~ 32GB RAM
Crucial m4 256Gb SSD ~ Seagate 1TB 7.2k RPM HDD